The Student Room Group

I feel as if I've missed out on a young romance.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HannaMarin
you'll never be 15 and in love

lying in your bed on a warm summer night, watching the youtube videos, carelessly chatting on snapchat
not worrying about rent or bills
only worry in life is how you're gonna cheat on that maths test on wednesday

Perfectly described :biggrin:

I just edited the things in bold, just to suit the modern society....
Reply 21
Original post by 999tigger
Isnt this the sort of needy insecure thread that tou were complaining made you sick?

Being wistful isn't an insecurity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
Being wistful isn't an insecurity

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I forgot you are different.
Reply 23
Original post by 999tigger
Oh I forgot you are different.

??
I only asked a question
You should be kinda glad tbh because young romance is actually a waste of time (from experience) and usually doesn't last long unlike a mature relationship where both partners are not mindless and less hormonal.
Been there, done it, overrated.
Reply 26
Original post by stefano865
Why did you 'miss out' if you don't mind me asking?

You surely must have had chances. :redface:

At the ages I speak of I was so awkward and anxious...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Young love can be a beautiful thing. Will never forget how I felt about my boyfriend when I was 16, I was truly head over heels in love. I'm still with him now and I'm 18, our relationship is very, very different and we are as people. But I do feel I would have missed out without it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Young romance or romancing the young?
Original post by RobML
At the ages I speak of I was so awkward and anxious...

Posted from TSR Mobile

So was I.

I really stood no chance back then.
(edited 7 years ago)
i had one 'young love' relationship hated it and my next partner was 3 years my senior for that reason

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RobML
Am I overromanticising things, or is there something truly unique in falling in love with someone at a young age that adult relationships just don't capture?
Even a relationship at 17 or so. I'm 22 now, so definitely an old fogie who has not a capacity for massive cuteness any more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have sometimes felt like this and I'm 18, I sometimes worry that falling for someone when you're older just isn't as good or exciting but I'm starting to believe that love is love no matter what age you are; just because you're older doesn't make the feelings you experience when you are with someone 'not as exciting' and that 'you've missed out' because it didn't happen when you were younger.

I don't know what exactly makes young love different from ordinary love? I don't know about you but when I was 15 I was perfectly happy without 'young love'; I was having fun with my friends and loving fictional characters. I believe that you have plenty of time to experience love, I think maybe people say that young love is different to adult love is because it was their first relationship, and not the fact it was 'young love' possibly? So when you have your first relationship, it might be more exciting than subsequent relationships? Just a thought
@RobML

Is this actually legit? cause I honestly thought you did okay with women.

I'm happy to respond to the thread question, but not sure whether or not to take it seriously yet. :smile:
Reply 33
I'm ok with women now, just not back then
Original post by RobML
I'm ok with women now, just not back then

Fair enough.

In any case, no you're not missing out. I've experienced it, but I can only imagine the most fulfilling relationships happen later on in life. You can still do the stuff you missed out on, so there's really no difference.
Young love seeming better than adult relationships? That's impossible.
It's not like younger people are at a stage in their lives where they have heightened and uncontrollable hormones or anything.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Teenage love is one of the most horrendous, painful things ever. Be grateful tbh.

Prsom. It's nice while it lasts but is a ***** that doesn't stop hurting afterwards.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Prsom. It's nice while it lasts but is a ***** that doesn't stop hurting afterwards.

Ten years later I still resent that ****!

Quick Reply

Latest