The Student Room Group

Is approaching girls you find attractive on a train creepy?

Let's say you found someone attractive (randomer ofc), would it be considered weird or abnormal to try approach them and get their number??
Original post by DY2/DX2
Let's say you found someone attractive (randomer ofc), would it be considered weird or abnormal to try approach them and get their number??

Depends who the person is.

I say **** it.

Why not?
it's only creepy if you're not a 10
Not inherently. All depends how you approach them.
Reply 4
Original post by sleepysnooze
it's only creepy if you're not a 10

A socially awkward ugly guy will probably get the pepper spray.

A hot guy can get away with being a bit shy.

Be hot or be (very) confident.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by WoodyMKC
Not inherently. All depends how you approach them.

what is this approach?
Reply 6
Usually women will accuse you of sexual assault depending on your levels of attractiveness so not a good idea, I would simply recommend that you do not approach any women in a enclosed situation such as a train.
Reply 7
Yes it's creepy. If someone did that to me, I'd get out of the train at the next stop and move to a different carriage. It's not worth trying it and risking making someone feel really uncomfortable.
Original post by DY2/DX2
what is this approach?

Just start a conversation with them. Always open with something observational, like the weather since us Brits are so obsessed with it. I've chatted up girls I've seen on the train before by spotting them as I got on, sitting near them and then joking that my ears are literally frozen and I feel like they might actually fall off lol. Once you're in, just chat generally, then as it appears it's time to part ways, ask if you can take her number.
Going up to a girl like "Um, excuse me, sorry but I saw you and thought you were beautiful.. can I please have your number?" - nah, creepy and awkward AF.
Not creepy but personally I hate being approached on public transport because it makes me feel awkward. Especially if it's a long train journey.
If you're attractive, no. If you're ugly, yes. This is not my opinion. This is fact.
Regardless of appearance it can be a bit creepy
If your attractive then no
Maybe as you're getting off but if you start speaking to a girl like an hour before you reach the stop it's gonna be awkward. If she shows signs, then maybe. If she's in her own world, then no.
Yeah, what exactly are you planning to say to them?

'You're very, very pretty, will you go out with me?'

And, on a train as well, Lord Buddha...
Reply 15
I don't know about trains, its full of people looking down at their smartphones until they come off the train. It's so lame.
"I like your shoes" :wink:
if someone did that to me I'd probably get up and move to a different carriage lol yes it's creepy and girls don't like it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just don't talk about how much you love something about her or how much you personally like something until you're both comfortable with talking. There's always something to break the ice, like an observation. Keep away from subjective statements.

Quick Reply