The Student Room Group

unsure about changing course

I have recently started doing a 3 year uni course in history but I've realised that I'm not really enjoying it. I want to do a different course at a different uni which is 4 years but I don't know how I should do it. should I apply first to see if I'm accepted then tell student finance? and how will it affect my student finance? any advice would be gratly appreciated/
Original post by tatell
I have recently started doing a 3 year uni course in history but I've realised that I'm not really enjoying it. I want to do a different course at a different uni which is 4 years but I don't know how I should do it. should I apply first to see if I'm accepted then tell student finance? and how will it affect my student finance? any advice would be gratly appreciated/

The finance you're eligible for is calculated using:

length of NEW course + a gift year - any previous years.

That means you can switch from a 3 year to a 4/5/6 year course without any problems with your finance as long as you have only studied for the first year of your current course.

Have a look at the first post in the stickied "Transfer FAQ" thread in the Applications and UCAS forum. It covers what you need to do to get things moving for switching universities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending