New Game! 2%
Tenkyou no Alderamin 0%
Danganronpa 3 (both) 4%
91 Days 4%
D.Gray-man Hallow 4%
Tales of Zestiria: The X 4%
Macross Delta0%
Total votes: 45
As with the Spring season, I'm curious to hear which Summer anime series were most popular with fans here on TSR. :biggrin:

The list includes shows from earlier seasons that ended in the Summer, while excluding those that are carrying on through the Autumn, so that we're only voting for series that are finished. Unfortunately, poll restrictions mean I can't even include half of all the anime to have aired during this time, so I whittled it down to what seemed the most viewed/highly rated on Anime-Planet. Feel free to give me a good telling off if I've missed out your favourite, though. :giggle:

Synopsis links to included series:

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
danganronpa!

Spoiler

I voted Re:Zero myself, one of the best series I've watched in a long time, making my all-time Top 50 list. I like fantasy, and I like series that mess with time travel, so something that combined the two (and with great characters and writing to boot) was always going to do well with me. Some of the individual episodes were extraordinary.

If the poll was only open to series that STARTED in summer as well as ending in it, I'd likely vote 91 Days (which also made my Top 50 list, albeit placing much lower). A decent prohibition era gangster show, plenty of betrayal, politics and murder; some of the characters could have done with more development though.
:bump: 5 votes isn't exactly a good sample size. :noway:
Reply 4
Uh, why not tag entire anime society? ?

Spoiler

It was a good summer :3 but what about kabaneri, servamp, kimi na no wa, handa-kun and saiki?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Impressive
Uh, why not tag entire anime society? ?

Spoiler

1,401 people? :p: A group tag option would be nice, though. :moon:

Original post by Applepiex3
It was a good summer :3 but what about kabaneri, servamp, kimi na no wa, handa-kun and saiki?

Apologies! Kabaneri aired entirely in the Spring season, so was included in that poll. Kimi no Na Wa is a movie, which I wouldn't normally include, and (as far as I'm aware) doesn't even have a decent release outside of Japanese cinemas yet. Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan is a short, again I wouldn't normally include those when there aren't even enough spaces for all the full-length TV anime. Finally, Handa-kun and Servamp weren't rated as highly/didn't have as many views as the others on Anime-Planet, so I decided to leave them out.

In hindsight, I could have included Handa-kun over Macross Delta, but the problem with being limited to 16 poll options in a 32+ series season is that you can't please everyone. :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Woo, first time in the poll widget. :yay:
Reply 8
front page again *well done*
Reply 9
although slightly overrated i enjoyed re:zero the most :smile: i've only taken a look at 5 on the list!
Original post by Impressive
front page again *well done*

Mod power. :colone:

Original post by Arima
although slightly overrated i enjoyed re:zero the most :smile: i've only taken a look at 5 on the list!

I ended up watching eleven (twelve if you count both Danganronpa 3 series). Plus a few that didn't make it onto the poll. :giggle:
Reply 11
For me it's either Mob Psycho 100, 91 Days and Re: Zero. I love ReLife, but I prefer the webtoon version (the anime just seem a little bit more happier to me and I can't get used to the voices) and also the D.Gray Man manga version.

The others didn't interest me much :/ I'm still pretty sad that there won't be anymore Berserk chapter until a year or more :cry2:
Original post by kkboyk
For me it's either Mob Psycho 100, 91 Days and Re: Zero.

Definitely my Top 3, though I'd rate Arslan up there with them. Everything else was a fair way behind them, in my opinion.
Re:Zero is the only one I watched cos my grandma recommended it to me :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Definitely my Top 3, though I'd rate Arslan up there with them. Everything else was a fair way behind them, in my opinion.

Yeah, this year has been a little disappointing for me, and most anime being made nowadays seem too predictable.

But I am keeping my hopes up for Vagabond, REAL, Vinland saga and other cool manga to get an anime even if it means waiting for 15yrs :cry:
I've watched 9 on the list including both Danganronpas), but nothing even came close to Re:ZERO for me, given that the second half (episode 15 in particular) pulled the show up to being my favourite ever, just beating out Clannad. Other than that, my favourite show that actually started in the Summer was 91 Days, even if that ending did annoy me. Summer wasn't that great for me other than those two shows, though Autumn seems likely to be better based on what I'm watching.
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Re:Zero is the only one I watched cos my grandma recommended it to me :biggrin:

:five:

Original post by Atavistic
I've watched 9 on the list including both Danganronpas), but nothing even came close to Re:ZERO for me, given that the second half (episode 15 in particular) pulled the show up to being my favourite ever, just beating out Clannad. Other than that, my favourite show that actually started in the Summer was 91 Days, even if that ending did annoy me. Summer wasn't that great for me other than those two shows, though Autumn seems likely to be better based on what I'm watching.

I agree entirely on last season, right up to the disappointing ending for 91 Days.

As for Autumn though, better on average (I picked up 19 series, all of which I'm really enjoying!), but there's no real standout show that's far better than the rest. Flip Flappers was fun, though. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest