The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3440
Original post by Zamestaneh.
Abu Ibn Sufi Shiite reported 4cf8f6dacb3aa9a7da3b051aaa8795520ed43b28fd4c1a8d911aaf6162ba2d2a.jpg

Who are you?? :s-smilie:
Reply 3441
Original post by Zamestaneh
There are quite a few Shia scholars who denounce these practices, and there are few others who consider it permissible (there is a list of scholarly positions on Wikipedia under Talwar Zani or Tatbir or something), so I am presuming those who do it, believe it to be permissible; what perplexes me is why Iran has not forbidden it, considering it is the only prominant Shia state in the world, and Khamenei denounces the practice whilst being head of state...

Right, I see JZK. That is what confuses me it is practiced openly in Iran despite all this. Even in my country unfortunately with of course just the shia sect. I find it sooo scary with all the blood 😭 like why????
Alas, the day of grief and sadness has fallen upon us, the day of Ashura...
Reply 3443
What is the islamic view of mourning on Ashura? Is it permissible?
Original post by h333

There are countless people within shiasm doing this like why don't they follow the fatwas then? :/

It's their choice if they want to obey the rules set. For instance, it's the same reason I see many (personal experience) of those who claim to be muslims from various sects, but still drink alcohol, do not pray etc etc
Reply 3445
Original post by mil88
It's their choice if they want to obey the rules set. For instance, it's the same reason I see many (personal experience) of those who claim to be muslims from various sects, but still drink alcohol, do not pray etc etc

But like they emphasize it shouldn't be done eg Iran. Yet majority don't listen, don't they know what their own sect is saying? Or is it just that they actually agree with this act? I feel this is not minor, like it is bid'ah, if they are choosing to ignore. And the shias I know don't actually say it is bad overall :/ like they will still somehow say it is ok to an extent. And then they say the sunnis don't care hence they don't show it like shias etc but this is so not right.
Reply 3446
you must become king kong for the day, repeatedly thumping the chest until it bleeds.

I am serious :colonhash: I was on about mourning in general (without self-harm)....of course I don't agree with the whole self-harm when mourning on purpose.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
Right, I see JZK. That is what confuses me it is practiced openly in Iran despite all this. Even in my country unfortunately with of course just the shia sect. I find it sooo scary with all the blood 😭 like why????

It seems that they aren't as keen on actively discouraging bidah as one would hope (unlesss there are government educational innitiatives Idk about); but then again I haven't had much faith in Iran's 'religious' system or Ayatollahs to uphold authentic Islam because of other issues e.g:

[video="youtube;mluAsZFy5Ls"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mluAsZFy5Ls#action=share[/video]

They (the Ayatollahs of Iran) appear to have cognitive dissonence regarding damaging the body...

The layfolk who do blood letting feel they shed their blood for Hussein (RA) like he did for Islam, I guess - like how teenage girls cut their arms for Justin Bieber to show their love; found it funny once when I read someone comparing it to the Sunnah of cupping blood :rofl:
how dare i mock the ayotallahs! I will now be sentenced to death by hanging

Respond, matey. :smile:
how dare i mock the ayotallahs! I will now be sentenced to death by hanging

Did you spend all this time trying to copy my new avatar? :rofl:
Original post by BrokenLife
Respond, matey. :smile:

You quoted the wrong one :tongue: There is a troll creating dupes using people's usernames and adding fullstops at the end :lol:
Reply 3451
Original post by Zamestaneh
It seems that they aren't as keen on actively discouraging bidah as one would hope (unlesss there are government educational innitiatives Idk about); but then again I haven't had much faith in Iran's 'religious' system or Ayatollahs to uphold authentic Islam because of other issues e.g:

[video="youtube;mluAsZFy5Ls"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mluAsZFy5Ls#action=share[/video]

They (the Ayatollahs of Iran) appear to have cognitive dissonence regarding damaging the body...

The layfolk who do blood letting feel they shed their blood for Hussein (RA) like he did for Islam, I guess - like how teenage girls cut their arms for Justin Bieber to show their love; found it funny once when I read someone comparing it to the Sunnah of cupping blood :rofl:

For a moment I thought it was the troll 😂 had to double check.
Anyway, yeah I really have never understood the Ayatollahs tbh, sorry if this will offend some people :redface: but it is so clear, something is wrong.
Reply 3452
x

Are you a Muslim?? If yes then you seriously need to start reflecting on your behaviour. Soo disappointed :colonhash:
Original post by h333
I am serious :colonhash: I was on about mourning in general (without self-harm)....of course I don't agree with the whole self-harm when mourning on purpose.

He isn't being serious about it. AFAIK hitting and doing all sorts on Ashura has no basis in Islam and is bidah. A lot of other leaders died too but they don't mark each death like they do with Imam Husayn. Mourning in general is what the Prophet did, they didn't do these things we see today.
it was reported by Abu Camel

There is a certain amount of adab you should have when on this thread.
Reply 3455
Original post by Leukocyte
He isn't being serious about it. AFAIK hitting and doing all sorts on Ashura has no basis in Islam and is bidah. A lot of other leaders died too but they don't mark each death like they do with Imam Husayn. Mourning in general is what the Prophet did, they didn't do these things we see today.

Jzk sis x
That is what I thought, I was so clueless before like didn't know why they hit themselves (I thought they were non-Muslims) but then realised it is within a sect of Islam :redface:
If they care so much they should just fast, engage in dhikr and pray for the ummah.
Reply 3456
i am very sorry for being a bad muslimah

You're not forgiven :colonhash: until you stop being immature.
Reply 3457
awww my gawwd i'm going to hell now

May Allah guide you. Ameen. 😞😐
Original post by h333
Jzk sis x
That is what I thought, I was so clueless before like didn't know why they hit themselves (I thought they were non-Muslims) but then realised it is within a sect of Islam :redface:
If they care so much they should just fast, engage in dhikr and pray for the ummah.

BarakAllahu Feeki x
Yep, I was like that too, I remember asking questions like why aren't we hitting ourselves? That's when I got to learn about Shiasim.
Exactly :yy:
Reply 3459
now you're making me feel guilty :frown:

Seriously bro what's the point? If you are a Muslim then please start to give Islam the justice it deserves insha'Allah, it's for your own benefit.

(Don't know why I am even trying :frown: you probs just going to start again)
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending