The Student Room Group

Do Pakistani guys like to be approached by a girl?

So there's this guy I've sort of had an interest in since last year. The thing is he's a friend of my friend and although we've seen each other here and there and noticed, but haven't ever talked. I thought he graduated but I saw him at uni and I really wanna get to know him better, like be friends with him. But I really don't know how to approach cos I don't want it to be awkward.

Do Pakistani guys like to be approached by a girl? If so, how do I approach him? Should I send him a friend request on fb and see if he messages me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Although he's a friend of my friend but this friend of mine isn't really a good friend of mine and I don't really feel comfortable to talk to him about his friend etc. I just don't trust this guy froend of mine hence don't want to get him involved in this all.
Every guy likes to be approached by a girl, just go on and be like "Hey I've seen you around, aren't you friends with w/e" and carry it on from there. Don't friend request him, especially if you haven't even spoken to him. I'm not pakistani but guys generally think the same regardless of ethnicity. Just make sure he's not a total autist, I have been with my friend and he just didn't know what to do when a girl approached him and it was an awkward mess, I would have helped him out but it was too funny to watch.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Gatewaymerge
Every guy likes to be approached by a girl, just go on and be like "Hey I've seen you around, aren't you friends with w/e" and carry it on from there. Don't friend request him, especially if you haven't even spoken to him. I'm not pakistani but guys generally think the same regardless of ethnicity. Just make sure he's not a total autist, I have been with my friend and he just didn't know what to do when a girl approached him and it was an awkward mess, I would have helped him out but it was too funny to watch.

Omg too late, my friends told me to send him a friend request and I have:colonhash: what do I do now? We actually always look at each other whenever we see each other. Gunna be so awkward now.

What do i do? :redface:
Actually, nevermind what I typed before
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BrokenLife
Omg too late, my friends told me to send him a friend request and I have:colonhash: what do I do now? We actually always look at each other whenever we see each other. Gunna be so awkward now.

What do i do? :redface:

You're going to have to wait, do not cancel it, that'll be even worse then sending it in the first place. The whole point being is that if he doesn't accept it you're basically screwed but that depends on him. I personally don't accept random people even if I have mutual friends but like you said you look at each other so he probably will accept it. You can start messaging him then on.
I'm a British Pakistani and I'd say he would like it just as much as any other guy. No more, no less.

This is really just about both your feelings towards each other and not really a different situation even though he is Pakistani :smile:

Do what you would do to any guy in this situation. Don't treat him differently is what I would say (obviously don't be stupid though).

All the best and I hope you get what you are after if it's right for you :wink:
Yes
So there's this guy I've sort of had an interest in since last year. The thing is he's a friend of my friend and although we've seen each other here and there and noticed, but haven't ever talked. I thought he graduated but I saw him at uni and I really wanna get to know him better, like be friends with him. But I really don't know how to approach cos I don't want it to be awkward.

Do Pakistani guys like to be approached by a girl? If so, how do I approach him? Should I send him a friend request on fb and see if he messages me?

You should just go over and say hi and say how you know of him through the mutual friend. I would find it weird if a friend of a friend sent me a fb request, if we haven't even spoken before.
Reply 9
Original post by .......Jeff458
I'm a British Pakistani and I'd say he would like it just as much as any other guy. No more, no less.

This is really just about both your feelings towards each other and not really a different situation even though he is Pakistani :smile:

Do what you would do to any guy in this situation. Don't treat him differently is what I would say (obviously don't be stupid though).

All the best and I hope you get what you are after if it's right for you :wink:

Aw okay :smile: thank you for the reply. I didn't see him today so I couldn't talk but usually I see him here and there regularly. He's actually not a British Pakistani, rather international student and I'm assuming that Pakistani guys who are from back home are more traditional. I really don't know how to approach this guy. In the back of my mind, I'm thinking he may have different mentality. I dunno.

Original post by stochasticking
You should just go over and say hi and say how you know of him through the mutual friend. I would find it weird if a friend of a friend sent me a fb request, if we haven't even spoken before.

Okay makes sense but like wouldn't it be awkward if go and randomly start talking to him and say that? He would be like 'wth?' Lol.
ahhh ffs another thread like this
Reply 11
Lol obviously. Any single guy who is sexually attracted to girls would like to be approached by a girl.
Original post by junayd1998
ahhh ffs another thread like this

Ahh ffs another one of those tsrians who don't like 'threads like this' but still somehow ends up on 'threads like this'.

Don't like the title? Don't click on it, its as simple as that.
Ahh ffs another one of those tsrians who don't like 'threads like this' but still somehow ends up on 'threads like this'.

Don't like the title? Don't click on it, its as simple as that.

Came on here to vent :}
Not gonna lie BL, and this may sound creepy but from what I remember you are quite pretty. Good luck.. but you don't need it :curious:
Original post by SeanFM
Not gonna lie BL, and this may sound creepy but from what I remember you are quite pretty. Good luck.. but you don't need it :curious:

Haha aww bless you. Thank you but you've only probably seen my lower face.Although, my friends said I could do better but its not always the looks that attracts. For example, I've seen this guy with one of my friend and he's always cracking jokes etc. He seems funny, decent, sensible and understanding. I still haven't talked to him though but my first impression of him was good. Anyhow, just found out he's going to the same event I was invited at but I don't know if I should go or not considering he still hasn't accepted my request.:colonhash:

Not trying to sound vain but he'll miss his chance if he doesn't accept my friend requesr cos I'm attractive, funny, intelligent and caring. :u:

But trust me, everyone needs good luck and I need it more than anyone haha.:tongue:
Reply 16
Jesus Christ why do you people keep using someone's ethnicity in these situations. This Pakistani guy will not like you approaching him whereas another Pakistani guy will love it. Do you get the point? Everyone is different, sharing the same ethnicity with someone doesn't mean you have the same personality.
Haha aww bless you. Thank you but you've only probably seen my lower face.Although, my friends said I could do better but its not always the looks that attracts. For example, I've seen this guy with one of my friend and he's always cracking jokes etc. He seems funny, decent, sensible and understanding. I still haven't talked to him though but my first impression of him was good. Anyhow, just found out he's going to the same event I was invited at but I don't know if I should go or not considering he still hasn't accepted my request.:colonhash:

Not trying to sound vain but he'll miss his chance if he doesn't accept my friend requesr cos I'm attractive, funny, intelligent and caring. :u:

But trust me, everyone needs good luck and I need it more than anyone haha.:tongue:

Yeah, that is true I guess. Maybe you can get your mutual friend(s) to introduce you or something? Or just go to that event anyway without thinking too much about what he's doing.

Not to mention very high levels of confidence :holmes:
Original post by Zeus007
Jesus Christ why do you people keep using someone's ethnicity in these situations. This Pakistani guy will not like you approaching him whereas another Pakistani guy will love it. Do you get the point? Everyone is different, sharing the same ethnicity with someone doesn't mean you have the same personality.

Yeah I but like this guy is fresh from Pakistan and I know they're a bit more traditional so I was just wondering
Original post by SeanFM
Yeah, that is true I guess. Maybe you can get your mutual friend(s) to introduce you or something? Or just go to that event anyway without thinking too much about what he's doing.

Not to mention very high levels of confidence :holmes:

Welll, I'm going there tomorrow, not for him but cos the event sounds interesting. :u: i only have one mutual friend with him but I don't trust that guy cos all he'll do is ruin everything for me haha:tongue: so I'd rather take the charge and approach him myself. SOMEHOW.:colonhash:

Haha well, there's a fifference between feeling confident in yourself and being stuck up. I'm certainly not the former. Confidence is crucial, not being stuck up though.:h:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending