The Student Room Group

St George's, University of London - Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm thinking of applying for 2017 entry.

I got 2010 in my UKCAT:
500 in VR
820 in AR
690 in QR
Band 2 in SJ

I've already completed my A levels with AAAB in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths respectively.

6 As, 2 A*s, 1 B & 1 C at GCSE.

Would this be alright?
Hi guys - does anyone know last years UKCAT average score cut off? I got an average of 617 and I'm worried its too low for St georges!!
Thanks
Original post by tomtom32
Hi guys - does anyone know last years UKCAT average score cut off? I got an average of 617 and I'm worried its too low for St georges!!
Thanks

Hi!
Last year's cut off was 650 average... so I don't think it would be a good idea to apply there :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Shalaw97
I'm thinking of applying for 2017 entry.

I got 2010 in my UKCAT:
500 in VR
820 in AR
690 in QR
Band 2 in SJ

I've already completed my A levels with AAAB in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths respectively.

6 As, 2 A*s, 1 B & 1 C at GCSE.

Would this be alright?

You scraped the VR cut off by one mark
Here are my stats; considering to apply here

GCSE: 2A*, 6A
UKCAT: 2110 total, 703 Avg. Band 2.
VR: 520
QR: 890
AR: 700
SJT: Band 2
Predicted A2: A*AA
Achieved A2 (Early Maths A2): A
Reply 25
Would a UKCAT score of 2000 be good enough (7th decile), 666.6 average?
Reply 26
I'm applying to Liverpool as an International Student:

Course; Medicine (A900)
My PS is pretty well written
IB predicted is 39 overall with 7,6,6,5 at HL and 6,6 at SL
UKCAT score was pretty low, 1780 Band 2

What r ur thoughts???
Original post by falreefy
I'm applying to Liverpool as an International Student:

Course; Medicine (A900)
My PS is pretty well written
IB predicted is 39 overall with 7,6,6,5 at HL and 6,6 at SL
UKCAT score was pretty low, 1780 Band 2

What r ur thoughts???

this is st georges thread not Liverpool
Reply 28
I meant st. George's... the five that I applied to were kings, Birmingham, st George's, Liverpool, nd st. Andrews.
Original post by medicapplicant
this is st georges thread not Liverpool
Reply 29
Original post by falreefy
I meant st. George's... the five that I applied to were kings, Birmingham, st George's, Liverpool, nd st. Andrews.

Sorry but your UKCAT is far too low for St George's
Anyone else feel theyre choosing between Southampton and SGUL they seem to have very similar cut offs for ukcat
Original post by d010534
Does anyone know about the scoring process for St. George's??

So is anyone who meets the minimum requirements automatically invited for interview??
Or do they score you against other applicants and then choose those with the highest scores and invite them for interview??

it seems that if you meet their minimum entry requirements you automatically get invited for interview. well as far as what i understood from the website
Original post by karishma behera
it seems that if you meet their minimum entry requirements you automatically get invited for interview. well as far as what i understood from the website

That's what I thought too, but then if that were the case, they'd probably have to do a thousand or more interviews so they must have some way of narrowing it down, right?? But I've already applied so all I can do is pray hehe :redface:
Original post by d010534
That's what I thought too, but then if that were the case, they'd probably have to do a thousand or more interviews so they must have some way of narrowing it down, right?? But I've already applied so all I can do is pray hehe :redface:

ahahaha true even i applied but i applied for the A900 the international MBBS one so fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 34
what do you think the UKCAT cut off will be this year for St George's?????
is there a Facebook group for people applying to st georges this year
Original post by 11...
what do you think the UKCAT cut off will be this year for St George's?????

Well when you look at the cut off scores of the past they keep increasing, yet this year we only did 3 sections that are scored compared to the usual 4 so does that mean it could increase?? Honestly no way of guessing. The average this year was 640ish so it will definitely be higher than this. My guess is 660, possibly higher or lower. Anyone have an idea what time they usually come out???
Reply 37
Original post by FKAsamuel
Well when you look at the cut off scores of the past they keep increasing, yet this year we only did 3 sections that are scored compared to the usual 4 so does that mean it could increase?? Honestly no way of guessing. The average this year was 640ish so it will definitely be higher than this. My guess is 660, possibly higher or lower. Anyone have an idea what time they usually come out???

what are your stats as in GCSEs, AS, predictions and UKCAT, band
Reply 38
Original post by FKAsamuel

the average this year was actually 631. So I guess 645 is the cut off. anyone else has suggestions. I think in about ten days the cut off will be published for st george;s
Reply 39
is EPQ useful???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending