The Student Room Group

How do i learn a 300 word french writing in a few days?

I have a 300 word french writing in a few days and I've already learnt around 50 words but I keep getting distracted and I procrastinate A LOT. Any tips on how to stop myself from procrastinating or getting distracted? Thanks
Original post by rh123th
I have a 300 word french writing in a few days and I've already learnt around 50 words but I keep getting distracted and I procrastinate A LOT. Any tips on how to stop myself from procrastinating or getting distracted? Thanks

I feel you. I procrastinate soooooo much too! No wonder I don't get anything done! I've had to do many a writing test/exam and I've found the most effective way to revise for them is to memorise 1 sentence at a time. Once you've memorised that sentence, move onto the next and test yourself by repeating the previous sentence with the one you just memorised. Continue doing this until you have memorised all the sentences.
To help you stop procrastinating, I would suggest giving yourself a small reward after memorising, say, 5 sentences and that way you would feel like you deserve it after having memorised them.

Hope this helps and good luck with the revising! xx
I learnt all mine with the same method as kirsty.

Not procrastinating is hard, I find it helps to go somewhere like the library where there aren't any distractions (especially as there's no 3G signal at my local library :wink:) or otherwise I do it in the dining room where I kind of feel publicly accountable to my family as they can see if I'm just mucking about :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by rh123th
How about just don't?
Reply 4
Why don't you just learn the gist/main ideas of what you wanna say?

Memorising and regurgitating word for word is not true language proficiency.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending