The Student Room Group

Economics at uni or nah?

I wanna study economics even though i find it difficult.
i will apply to: keel, coventry,aston,sheffield and DMU

some of the unit above do a BA in economics is that bad? also are the choices good? i only want to earn a average of 40k anyway.

@kas9
Reply 1
Original post by Jane122
I wanna study economics even though i find it difficult.
i will apply to: keel, coventry,aston,sheffield and DMU

some of the unit above do a BA in economics is that bad? also are the choices good? i only want to earn a average of 40k anyway.

@kas9

I think economics gets easier (to an extent), because it's just logic once you dig deeper.
BA's aren't necessarily "bad"
The difference between a BSc and BA in economics would most likely be, the BSc having more maths in than the BA.
I'm currently at your stage, in year 13.
In my research i haven't found anything that would suggest that the BA is worse.
An average salary of 40k is quite an amount haha, i love the use of "only"
I think if you work hard to understand economics, then a BA or BSc in economics would be great for you. Just note different universities have different modules, so worth checking out that too.

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by kas9
I think economics gets easier (to an extent), because it's just logic once you dig deeper.
BA's aren't necessarily "bad"
The difference between a BSc and BA in economics would most likely be, the BSc having more maths in than the BA.
I'm currently at your stage, in year 13.
In my research i haven't found anything that would suggest that the BA is worse.
An average salary of 40k is quite an amount haha, i love the use of "only"
I think if you work hard to understand economics, then a BA or BSc in economics would be great for you. Just note different universities have different modules, so worth checking out that too.

Hope this helps!

i have researched!!! is dmu good for economics?
Reply 3
Original post by Jane122
i have researched!!! is dmu good for economics?

I haven't really looked into that university, but i have heard it's not bad.
Best thing to do would be to check our rankings, for the university and economics, also check on student room to see student perspectives.
Obviously if you can, go for an open day!

Quick Reply

Latest