The Student Room Group

How many years of finance do I have left?

Hello I started a Legal Methods course at Birkbeck University this course is a certificate to Higher education and was part time I began the course in 2015 I had student funding for this course it is a one year course I then took a break in studies to rejoin in October I have taken a student loan again this year for the course beginning in October 2016 as this is not a degree course I am just wondering How many years of funding I will have when I go onto my full time degree shall it be three years or will I have to pay for my first year then have the other two funded what is the situation? What if I took a part time degree how many years of funding would I have left?
Thank you
Tyler
When you say "certificate to higher education", do you mean it's a level 3 course which would get you on to a uni course?

The general formula is length of course + 1 - previous years study

Loans taken for further education courses (such as ones to get you on to a higher education course) don't count. It's based on the amount of years you've spent doing a uni level course.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
When you say "certificate to higher education", do you mean it's a level 3 course which would get you on to a uni course?

The general formula is length of course + 1 - previous years study

Loans taken for further education courses (such as ones to get you on to a higher education course) don't count. It's based on the amount of years you've spent doing a uni level course.

As far as I know CertHE is a higher education qualification. I am not entirely certain as to why this as it's effectively a more professional access course nevertheless when I applied for the Loan I applied under Higher education not further education even though it is equivalent to a level 4 NVQ which you can apply for under further education. Same as any further education certificate level 3-6, or ay Access to HE diploma. Do you think if maybe I call them they would put the loan down as further education giving me back my full years for a higher education loan? Or does it look like I will have to fund my first degree year?
Reply 3
Bump
Hi,

Who provided the funding for the Legal Methods course?

Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Carly SFE
Hi,

Who provided the funding for the Legal Methods course?

Thanks

SFE provided the funding for my Legal Methods Course I got the student loan from them
Hi,

I would advise you to call us on 0300 100 0607 in order for us to check your account to determine which department of SFE provided your funding we can the advise on future funding eligibility.

Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by Carly SFE
Hi,

I would advise you to call us on 0300 100 0607 in order for us to check your account to determine which department of SFE provided your funding we can the advise on future funding eligibility.

Thanks

Thank you so much I shall call tomorrow :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending