The Student Room Group

What if you were 8 years old again?

You've opened your eyes, looking the stairs up and down. There was a sharp pain in the back of your head, everything was cloudy. You were sure you had bumped your head on the way down, but you couldn't remember. You look down at your pale hands and brush them off on your shorts. You can hear your mum calling you for dinner, but you don't remember her coming round, or saying she'd cook, but who would turn down the offer of cooked food?!

As you walk through the living room, something seems awry. The furniture is completely different, yet somehow familiar. There's a small, tortoiseshell cat on the sofa, with its legs stretched out, fast asleep. Everything seemed familiar yet… disjointed, wrong.

You need some air. You make your way towards the back door, but you catch yourself in the reflection. You can hardly believe it, but you look about 8? Maybe 9! What happened?

So, my 'what if' question is… What if you were 8 again? What would you do as a young child that you can no longer do now? Would you go back to primary school and look like a genius with all of your foresight or would you do something else? The Support Team will pick the best answers and may quiz you a little on your stories.

Good luck. :colone:

Scroll to see replies

The thought of being 8 again :afraid:
If I were 8 again I would line up all the Magic Faraway Tree books and read them back to back, transported again into the wonderful world of
Land of Birthday Parties and toffee that grew bigger in your mouth and a slippery slide that went from the land at the top of the tree all the day down to the ground.
Bouncy castle! :excited:
Puberty blockers.

That and ask my parents for all the latest games consoles for Christmas now that I'm their youngest child. I wasn't allowed them as the eldest, mum claimed they would 'break the TV', but my youngest brother had no such restrictions. :unimpressed:

Regarding being a genius at primary school... in some subjects/areas, perhaps, but in others I'm sure I'd have forgotten most of the curriculum and would have to start from scratch. :o:
I'd ask for 'Lelli Kelli' shoes for my birthday :biggrin:
I loved playing when I was a child (I know most children do haha)...I would play and just enjoy being a child.

Thinking about it...isn't it weird that there is a last time that kids play? Or am I overthinking that now?

Adulting is rubbish.

Boooo to bills.
I would rather die than be 8 years old again. Prayers 4 times a day, freezing cold dormitories, vicious *****es of nuns, priests that couldn't keep bits of their anatomy to themselves, and always hungry.
Reply 8
Original post by shadowdweller
Bouncy castle! :excited:

Or..........

tap1L.jpg

:moon:

These days, I would get ridiculed for reminiscing about the days of when I used to go in those soft play areas at the pubs. :unimpressed: :colonhash: :sadnod: :frown:

(I'm 24 years old).
I can't bear the thought of having to go through GCSEs again...
Original post by Fire Exit
Or..........

tap1L.jpg

:moon:

These days, I would get ridiculed for reminiscing about the days of when I used to go in those soft play areas at the pubs. :unimpressed: :colonhash: :sadnod: :frown:

(I'm 24 years old).

My grandchildren loved those. X
Original post by Seamus123
My grandchildren loved those. X

Sadly, most of the pubs in the town I live in had their soft play areas removed a while ago! :sad: :moon:
Learn Taekwondo for a year so i actually have something to write on my personal statement 10 years later
Eat loads of sweets and run around loads because I wouldn't put on weight or be so exhausted - I'd love to have the energy I used to!
Original post by iEthan
You've opened your eyes, looking the stairs up and down. There was a sharp pain in the back of your head, everything was cloudy. You were sure you had bumped your head on the way down, but you couldn't remember. You look down at your pale hands and brush them off on your shorts. You can hear your mum calling you for dinner, but you don't remember her coming round, or saying she'd cook, but who would turn down the offer of cooked food?!

As you walk through the living room, something seems awry. The furniture is completely different, yet somehow familiar. There's a small, tortoiseshell cat on the sofa, with its legs stretched out, fast asleep. Everything seemed familiar yet… disjointed, wrong.

You need some air. You make your way towards the back door, but you catch yourself in the reflection. You can hardly believe it, but you look about 8? Maybe 9! What happened?

So, my 'what if' question is… What if you were 8 again? What would you do as a young child that you can no longer do now? Would you go back to primary school and look like a genius with all of your foresight or would you do something else? The Support Team will pick the best answers and may quiz you a little on your stories.

Good luck. :colone:

I can't imagine that happening :ahee:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Eat loads of sweets and run around loads because I wouldn't put on weight or be so exhausted - I'd love to have the energy I used to!

At least when I was 8 years old, many sweets, (like Cadbury's chocolates for example) were still decent tasting. :sadnod: :moon:
Take up extreme ironing and play football until I was good atit.
Original post by Fire Exit
At least when I was 8 years old, many sweets, (like Cadbury's chocolates for example) were still decent tasting. :sadnod: :moon:

Likely larger & cheaper, too. :moon:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Likely larger & cheaper, too. :moon:

AND still produced here in the UK AND by a British owned company. :moon:
If I was 8 years old again I would work really hard in ballet at dance and aim for the dream of the Royal Ballet School. Seem to remember that I lost that dream at about age 9.

Quick Reply

Latest