The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1900
Original post by enterunsername
I have a similar gap, I dont recall any chance to explain this, especially with the DBS stage (so far)
Basically I received the link in the Civil Service Portal (the next stage part when the form is filled) and filled out basic details plus sent the health declaration....however I dont recall this.....could you please tell me more? Is it at a more advanced stage you were allowed to explain this or was it for the stage explained above.

Thanks . I didnt see anywhere to explain either but i put ny address in Spain
Original post by enterunsername
I have a similar gap, I dont recall any chance to explain this, especially with the DBS stage (so far)
Basically I received the link in the Civil Service Portal (the next stage part when the form is filled) and filled out basic details plus sent the health declaration....however I dont recall this.....could you please tell me more? Is it at a more advanced stage you were allowed to explain this or was it for the stage explained above.

Just on the DBS application forms (I've done several over the years). I'd just email them again on the original contact form to explain.
Are we meant to send a copy of the DBS back to manpower? I have no convictions
Original post by lawgrad13
Are we meant to send a copy of the DBS back to manpower? I have no convictions

No. I read elsewhere on these threads that they are advised if there's something on your DBS certificate and that's when you'd need to disclose what it is to them. If it's clear, no further action is required.
Original post by sac14
I dont have any convictions but i lived in Spain from 2009 to 2013, so im worried that if they cant check for that period it will go against me.

You can send off for a "certificado de antecedentes" from the Justice Dept in Madrid. It only costs about €3 or €4 and takes about a week to come.
I'm waiting to hear from Manpower about CSR/1320/16, but I've been for the ID verification at Liverpool today (for CSR/2066/15 campaign) and they said they'd seen 30 of us today. When I asked how soon to expect a formal offer, the guy basically said that even when the pre-employment checks are done, don't expect a formal offer right away....
Reply 1906
I have some news to update, though I will state ahead to NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP. I have it that we were meant to receive 20 to 25 new starters from a senior member of training for Nov, but haven't been supplied names.

I would assume the new recruitment was meant to be more efficientand quicker than previously, but evidently that was not the case.
Original post by Smaack
I have some news to update, though I will state ahead to NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP. I have it that we were meant to receive 20 to 25 new starters from a senior member of training for Nov, but haven't been supplied names.

I would assume the new recruitment was meant to be more efficientand quicker than previously, but evidently that was not the case.

Wise words!
Original post by Smaack

Which office location are you based in?
Reply 1909
Original post by dagoro1
You can send off for a "certificado de antecedentes" from the Justice Dept in Madrid. It only costs about €3 or €4 and takes about a week to come.

Thanks do u think that I should request that now or wait to see if they ask for it
Does HMRC HR take notice of gaps in employment declared on the DBS checks?
Original post by THEJACKLE
Does HMRC HR take notice of gaps in employment declared on the DBS checks?

Employment history isn't even part of the DBS is it?
Original post by memoryfish
Employment history isn't even part of the DBS is it?

Didn't think it was!
Reply 1913
For those who have been asked to fill out health form and DBS, have u been asked for references? I havent been asked for any references yet or maybe they will use the ones i gave them in the interview.
Original post by sac14
For those who have been asked to fill out health form and DBS, have u been asked for references? I havent been asked for any references yet or maybe they will use the ones i gave them in the interview.

Yep, maybe they're doing it differently for you because they've had a nightmare.
I recently sent an email to manpower basically saying that I don't understand why they were doing the checks for me as I'm in Civil service. First they replied ...Hmrc hav advised us that we need to do checks. So I replied back stating that as per their guidance they should not be conducting these checks as I'm already an employee. Then I got a reply from them stating that they had to treat me as an external candidate because I did not hold the correct level of security clearance for the role. I've never heard so much bs ever lol....this role requires a standard check which I've had done with Hmrc lol. Personally I don't think manpower have a clue.
(edited 7 years ago)
Basically don't bank on starting by a particular date unless your formal offer has come through, it's a long, very long waiting game so get used to it!
Original post by memoryfish
I recently sent an email to manpower basically saying that I don't understand why they were doing the checks for me as I'm in Civil service. First they replied ...Hmrc hav advised us that we need to do checks. So I replied back stating that as per their guidance they should not be conducting these checks as I'm already an employee. Then I got a reply from them stating that they had to treat me as an external candidate because I did not hold the correct level of security clearance for the role. I've never heard so much bs ever lol....this role requires a standard check which I've had done with Hmrc lol. Personally I don't think manpower have a clue.

Which email address did you use?

I've emailed them 3 times (!) with no response other than the automated reply. I've not had to provide any onboarding information, and the 'Next Stage' link on the job page for CSR/1320/16 doesn't work, it just takes me straight back to the 'Application Centre'. I have been asked for no information whatsoever.

I'm also currently a Civil Servant, but applied through CSR/1320/16 due to time constraints, and not having the time to write 4 competencies for the internal application.
Just got a call from HMRC to produce documents tomorrow. I've offers for 2 jobs O and HO but they were unable to confirm which job it was for but I assume it's the first one CSR/2066 and I'm Belfast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My references have just been contacted again (Exactly the same email) although they sent their filled in references form back last week (Tues). Not sure what is going on!

Latest