The Student Room Group

What if you were 8 years old again?

Scroll to see replies

Also, if I was 8 years old again, I would put a lot more effort into the practice at the swimming lessons I went to until I was about 10 years old, but only ever got a water skills 1 award for. :sad:
If I was 8 years old, I would go outside more and learn how to ride a bike (I can't ride one still..) instead of watching disney channel all day. I'd also make an effort at the swimming lessons in years 3/4 because I should learn how to swim!

If I knew how secondary school would be like I'd appreciate activities at break times more too. I missed the skipping ropes, running around in the grass and playing stuck in the mud in year 7. :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Go to 'Head over heels' without being judged.
Travel around the playground in those plastic crappy stilts
Eat all of the Juicy drop pops yessssssssss
(edited 7 years ago)
Take up a sport and commit to it. Maybe by my age now I'd be super talented :smile:
Id write down every football score so that when the future comes my future will be a billionaire, like back to the future 2 :colone:
Original post by Plagioclase
I can't bear the thought of having to go through GCSEs again...

:afraid: Good god, no! I had about 28 exams :bawling:

Original post by BurstingBubbles
Eat loads of sweets and run around loads because I wouldn't put on weight or be so exhausted - I'd love to have the energy I used to!

Eating lots of sweets reduces early onset hanger :teehee:
I d tell my dad how much he meant to me and that I wanted us to spend more time together.
Original post by Black Rose
If I was 8 years old, I would go outside more and learn how to ride a bike (I can't ride one still..) instead of watching disney channel all day. I'd also make an effort at the swimming lessons in years 3/4 because I should learn how to swim!

If I knew how secondary school would be like I'd appreciate activities at break times more too. I missed the skipping ropes, running around in the grass and playing stuck in the mud in year 7. :tongue:

You can't ride a bike? :eek: I remember being taught by my dad… :moon: We never played games like that in Year 7!
Probably actually wear hearing aids.
I would have actually started up my own web designing business which I nearly ended up doing at 11, at 8 I had quite the computer skills :mmm:
Original post by iEthan
You can't ride a bike? :eek: I remember being taught by my dad… :moon: We never played games like that in Year 7!

I was rubbish at it when I tried it and scared of falling over so never really made an effort! I'm determined to learn how to ride a bike and swim now though, one day! Yeah, it all stopped at secondary school. :sad:
Start learning guitar so I could show up one of my old friends who patronized me for only knowing Knights of Cydonia (when I taught myself).
Suck it. :<
Buy all the pokemon cards so I can sell them in a few years and become rich :tongue:
Slap annoying 8 year olds without it being seen as absolutely morally abhorrent.
I'd feel absolutely awful initially. I think one of my distinct memories from around age 8 was watching my dad drive away in his car because mum threatened to call the police if he kept knocking to pick us up which would always make us cry. That whole period just consisted of them fighting, us being super confused and crying about it. I'd hate to be in the same position as such a helpless child with no power to make decisions on anything regarding parents. We just went with the flow. Although I think that only comes to mind because it was a bad memory but I'm sure there were loads of fun stuff I did when I was 8.

I remember playing out a lot with neighbours or having my dad take us all out on a fun family trip or us going to Scotland to see our cousins so I would look forward to that. I was also probably be in year 3 and I remember that being the last time we were in the old school building and it was an outside classroom and we had a teacher with an irish accent and she reminded me of miss honey from Matilda. Someone had also put a pin on her chair and we spent like a week in detention because nobody owned up even though we all knew who it was. I also remember the table I was on and the friends that I had. We would call our table eraser a "ruby" :lol: Tbh if I was in the same position as I was back then, I don't feel like I would have many choices to do stuff that I wanted. And I don't think any 8 years old has any real power to decide what they want to do, its just kinda planned for them.

Okay so I think this was suppose to be a fun light exercise and I just turned it into something super deep.
Haha, good one! :wink:
Do we keep our memories? I imagine I'd be one very smart 8 year old if we do :P.

Original post by retro_turtles
Go to 'Head over heels' without being judged.
Travel around the playground in those plastic crappy stilts
Eat all of the Juicy drop pops yessssssssss

Haha I remember those sweets, they were awesome. I think they might still sell them now somewhere but at an inflated price :colonhash:

Gotta get the right spec though :P.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gatewaymerge

Haha I remember those sweets, they were awesome. I think they might still sell them now somewhere but at an inflated price :colonhash: .

yeah they do but for a quid :frown:
Oooh... work rly hard at everything, so as to be ahead and all that, practise singing so that I could be an opera singer (always used to want to be one lol)... enjoy all those amazing Christmases I can remember... appreciate my parents' efforts more... learn how to hoola-hoop on my waist (can do all sorts of tricks with my wrist and stuff, but can't do the standard waist thing)... and just generally make so much more out of my life. If everybody could be given that choice the night before turning 18... goodbye to GCSE resits, a whole lot more people would be successful/very good at predicting the future lol.
I'd probably spend more time with other people :tongue: I was very active and spent loads of time out of the house, but always kept to myself. I'd love to have played a team sport or something on top of my dancing and taekwondo. I'd also have taken my flute lessons a bit more seriously because I'd love to be able to play more than the basics over 10 years later :tongue:. I think right about now though I'd be planning out my letter to Santa, sat in front of an Argos catalogue on the floor :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest