The Student Room Group

Where was your first part-time job?

Mine was at Marks & Spencer lol. Where was yours?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It was voluntary but I was a part time radio DJ at my local hospital's radio station when I was 16 :colondollar:
Tesco
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Mine was at Marks & Spencer lol. Where was yours?

CEO :rofl:
Original post by Spock's Socks
It was voluntary but I was a part time radio DJ at my local hospital's radio station when I was 16 :colondollar:

A Disk Jockey :biggrin:, that's cool, I volunteered a bit too, but it was only at my local charity shop.
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Tesco

What was working there like?
Original post by Rhaenys10
CEO :rofl:

I'd be rolling in it :rofl: .
People legit bought 5p plastic bags just for a 500ml bottle of water lol.
At a sweet stand in the middle of a shopping mall. The manager was useless, but it was alright money and got free sweets all summer :biggrin:
What was working there like?

Still work there, staff are very friendly and it's relaxed.
Only started like 2 months ago lol
Original post by CrazyKittenLady
At a sweet stand in the middle of a shopping mall. The manager was useless, but it was alright money and got free sweets all summer :biggrin:

I'm jealous :angry:, I never got free sweets from working.
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Still work there, staff are very friendly and it's relaxed.
Only started like 2 months ago lol

That's good :smile:, I'd imagine Tesco's gets busy all the time haha.
I'm jealous :angry:, I never got free sweets from working.

Awww no I always seem to get loads of freebies or reductions from places I have worked, where do you work?
Also it the sweet shop job sucked after a while, the manager kept going off to the pub leaving me in charge for hours and I wasn't aloud to leave the stand for the loo or to have a lunch break so ended up having to have sweets for every lunch. Plus one weekend I was asked to separate by colour 2 massive 3ft x 3ft boxes of gummy bears ah.
That's good :smile:, I'd imagine Tesco's gets busy all the time haha.

Yep Lol! But the pay is good, everyone starts at £7.24 an hour then it raises after 9 months to around 7.60 or something.
Exam Invigilator for IELTS. Great pay, a lot of money comes from just working 3 Saturdays a month when it's exam season but it's slowed down. Still work there. But now I'm a temp at GAME.
McDonalds:wink:
And hell I learnt a lot!
Frist part-time job was an as waiter in a pub. Did not pay too well but free drink and food that sort of made up for it.
Original post by CrazyKittenLady
Awww no I always seem to get loads of freebies or reductions from places I have worked, where do you work?
Also it the sweet shop job sucked after a while, the manager kept going off to the pub leaving me in charge for hours and I wasn't aloud to leave the stand for the loo or to have a lunch break so ended up having to have sweets for every lunch. Plus one weekend I was asked to separate by colour 2 massive 3ft x 3ft boxes of gummy bears ah.

Lucky.:smile:
And, I used to work at M&S. I don't work anywhere currently, but I had an interview at Boost Juice which went alright.

Aww, that sucks, at least you don't have him as a boss now.
Original post by Rohan187
Exam Invigilator for IELTS. Great pay, a lot of money comes from just working 3 Saturdays a month when it's exam season but it's slowed down. Still work there. But now I'm a temp at GAME.

That's awesome :smile:, did they teach you how to look scary and foreboding haha jk.

What's GAME like?
Original post by jemmaaa0853
McDonalds:wink:
And hell I learnt a lot!

Had a trial at MD's a couple of years ago now, didn't get it :angry:
Original post by georgeheal
Frist part-time job was an as waiter in a pub. Did not pay too well but free drink and food that sort of made up for it.

Aww :frown:, at least you got free food though haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending