The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Derby lost its accreditation

Is anyone else following an online conversion course at the University of Derby? I applied to a MSc, which requires a certificate course to get into so I started that this year and I'm on my final module but Derby just lost its accreditation.

Other colleges say I can't transfer the credits from the modules I've already done and Derby is saying that they won't refund me the 2k I've paid them.

Is anyone else in the same boat or can anyone offer me any advice at all please?
Original post by Jade199
Is anyone else following an online conversion course at the University of Derby? I applied to a MSc, which requires a certificate course to get into so I started that this year and I'm on my final module but Derby just lost its accreditation.

Other colleges say I can't transfer the credits from the modules I've already done and Derby is saying that they won't refund me the 2k I've paid them.

Is anyone else in the same boat or can anyone offer me any advice at all please?

Hi Jude,

Yes I'm in the very same situation!!! Did you check with many universities about whether they will accept the University Certificate? It's an awful situation as I paid so much money!! I also haven't finished the certificate but I have paid for it in full. They are also telling me they won't refund the thousands I paid to them!!

Best regards,
Helen
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by sunflowernoah
Hi Jude,

Yes I'm in the very same situation!!! Did you check with many universities about whether they will accept the University Certificate? It's an awful situation as I paid so much money!! I also haven't finished the certificate but I have paid for it in full. They are also telling me they won't refund the thousands I paid to them!!

Best regards,
Helen

For the most part other online courses don't recognise the credits. I just spoke to roehampton again, they've gotten 20 requests from derby students (aka derby victims!) looking to start over with them.
Who told you you can't have a refund? What are you going to do now?
I'm sure we'd have a stronger case if we all put our heads together. I tried to ask about what others are doing on the derby student forum but was told to speak directly to the uni. So far that's unsatisfactory.
Are you continuing with the course in the meantime?
Have you posted anything on the uni forum directly?
Reply 3
Original post by Jade199
For the most part other online courses don't recognise the credits. I just spoke to roehampton again, they've gotten 20 requests from derby students (aka derby victims!) looking to start over with them.
Who told you you can't have a refund? What are you going to do now?
I'm sure we'd have a stronger case if we all put our heads together. I tried to ask about what others are doing on the derby student forum but was told to speak directly to the uni. So far that's unsatisfactory.
Are you continuing with the course in the meantime?
Have you posted anything on the uni forum directly?

I have an idea. You can send me your email address if you want to.
Reply 4
Hi Jade and Helen,

I'm in the same situation. Did you manage to find a solution?

Cee
Hiya,

Did you manage to find a solution? I am looking into starting the university cert but wanted to know if this issue is solved before i do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending