The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i loved it to ! . what course you planning on doing ?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by SoggyCabbages
History is pretty lit at Sussex I must admit, I'm a current UG.

is the course good?
Original post by Annathomsn
is the course good?

Well I'll be honest.

I'm only starting my 3rd week of actual lectures tomorrow.

Currently I have 6 hours of History Lectures and Seminars, divided into 4 and 2. This is pretty bog standard for a History course, most of it is independent reading.

One part of the course is 'The Early Modern World' which is world events between 1450-1800ish, with thematic overviews like religious toleration, governmental structure blah blah. It's not war, weapons and tactics like a 4 year old would be interested in.

So far in the 'Early Modern World' bit I have looked at the transitions between Roman Empire to Ottoman Empire, with the Asian Empires also, as well as the different kinds of monarchies and 'community and protest'.

The other part is 'Historical Controversy', thiis is dedicated to how History is studied, written, analysed etc more than anything but at the moment we have touched on British rule in India.

Hope that helps.
Applied for Genetics here!
Sent my application off today! Really hope I get an offer from Sussex! Any idea how long they normally take to send out offers?
Reply 25
Economics!
I've applied for chemistry and drug discovery😀 I'm also hoping to do a PGCE through Sussex when I'm out the other end of uni as I live quite close to Sussex

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Colinj451
Haha, they never "show" East Slope as its so awful tbh, park village IMO is worse though in some ways.
They are knocking it down, but its a phased new build so they have new blocks to replace it with so they don't lose room capacity

I totally agree that Park Village/Houses is worse than East Slope. I'm staying in Northfield so it doesn't particularly affect me much, but I would definitely have chosen East Slope over PV/PH if I had to.
From the Isle of Wight. Hoping to study English BA :smile:
Original post by pannyfrost
I totally agree that Park Village/Houses is worse than East Slope. I'm staying in Northfield so it doesn't particularly affect me much, but I would definitely have chosen East Slope over PV/PH if I had to.

East slope and park village would be at bottom for me.
Park Houses would probably now edge Lewes Court Phase 1 for price, LC sharing with 5 others instead of 11
Original post by notonlyme
BA geography and international development! What about you?

I've applied for this course too!!! :- )

Where else have you applied? Have you heard anything yet?
Original post by sdpjohnson
I've applied for this course too!!! :- )

Where else have you applied? Have you heard anything yet?

I've also applied to UEA, York, Chester and Reading and literally just got an offer for Chester now! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: (Although I still prefer Sussex). What about you?
I've also applied to UEA, York, Chester and Reading and literally just got an offer for Chester now! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: (Although I still prefer Sussex). What about you?

I've applied to UEA too!! I then applied to Royal Holloway, SOAS and Kings!
Chester is a lovely uni too, I have friends there and I would defo have applied myself if it wasn't so far away from home for me haha. Congrats on your offer!!!!
Sussex is my fave though!!
Original post by sdpjohnson
I've applied to UEA too!! I then applied to Royal Holloway, SOAS and Kings!
Chester is a lovely uni too, I have friends there and I would defo have applied myself if it wasn't so far away from home for me haha. Congrats on your offer!!!!
Sussex is my fave though!!

Thanks! Sussex is my favourite too! Here's hoping we both get in :crossedf:
Hey! I've applied to do International Development at Sussex also. Along with UEA, Kings and Bath. Have you guys heard anything regarding offers yet?
Thanks! Sussex is my favourite too! Here's hoping we both get in :crossedf:
Original post by TheBethIAm
Hey! I've applied to do International Development at Sussex also. Along with UEA, Kings and Bath. Have you guys heard anything regarding offers yet?

Way way too early for offers yet.

I didn't get mine until June and I submitted my application for Sussex on UCAS in December last year.
Original post by Colinj451
East slope and park village would be at bottom for me.
Park Houses would probably now edge Lewes Court Phase 1 for price, LC sharing with 5 others instead of 11

Are you currently on campus or at the university? I've only ever been in York House though and it's said to be the worst out of all of the Park Houses, so maybe that's why I'm so disgusted by PH haha
Original post by SoggyCabbages
Way way too early for offers yet.

I didn't get mine until June and I submitted my application for Sussex on UCAS in December last year.

June?? I swear the deadline for responding to applications was mid-May last year wtf that's so bad
I'm pretty sure the deadline is May. I know some universities are already handing out offers so I guess Sussex wait before giving them out early.
Original post by pannyfrost
June?? I swear the deadline for responding to applications was mid-May last year wtf that's so bad

I know, I rang them up mid-May and they send my application was "being processed."

At least I didn't have to have an interview though, so if that's something you worry about. Don't be. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending