The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Becky.s1928
Hi guys

Does anyone know whether Southampton rank admissions based on the ukcat or do you just have to be over their cut off score?

They rank :smile:
Original post by HarrisonGCSE
They rank :smile:

Thank you. I am not too sure whether to apply to Southampton or Sheffield as Southampton have a cut off score of 1920 and Sheffield have a cut off score of 1850 but they both rank the ukcat.
Thank you. I am not too sure whether to apply to Southampton or Sheffield as Southampton have a cut off score of 1920 and Sheffield have a cut off score of 1850 but they both rank the ukcat.

I think Sheffield said last year if they ranked you would have needed 675 for an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went onto the UKCAT Pearson login thing to tell them my choices and I clicked save, I know you don't get a confirmation email but I got an email saying"your personal details have been changed" is this normal ?
Original post by YouHaveProblems
They should be separate with different subheadings

It doesnt. Under "my application", on track it goes like this:

Qualification 4
Date taken:Aug 2016
Centre: ******** School
Examining body: Edexcel
Subject: Mathematics
Grade: A

Qualification 5
Date taken:Aug 2015
Centre: ******* School
Examining body:AQA
Subject:Physics
Grade:A*

The first is AS grade, while second is gcse. But how will uni differentiate here?
Do I have a chance at following unis with these stats?

UKCAT 660
Achieved A levels A*A*AA
GCSEs: 3A* 7A

Liverpool, Leicester, Bristol and sheffield
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 123chem
It doesnt. Under "my application", on track it goes like this:

Qualification 4
Date taken:Aug 2016
Centre: ******** School
Examining body: Edexcel
Subject: Mathematics
Grade: A

Qualification 5
Date taken:Aug 2015
Centre: ******* School
Examining body:AQA
Subject:Physics
Grade:A*

The first is AS grade, while second is gcse. But how will uni differentiate here?

babygirl is that on track?
Original post by priyaya
hi guys!
im currently in the final year of biomedical sciences and was planning to apply to graduate medicine. however, i dont know if my ukcat scores are good enough and was hoping if u guys can help me?
UKCAT:
VR: 590
QR: 670
AR: 720
SJ: Band 2
Total score: 1980
Is it worth me trying for ukcat universities?

which ones are looking at?
Original post by nihil_nimis
I went onto the UKCAT Pearson login thing to tell them my choices and I clicked save, I know you don't get a confirmation email but I got an email saying"your personal details have been changed" is this normal ?

Got the same email, so I wouldn't worry about it :smile:
Original post by Amyjonesx

UKCAT 660
Achieved A levels A*A*AA

-Bristol are mainly personal statement based so that depends how good your PS is.
-Sheffield will be risky because they rank your UKCAT to select for interview and yours isn't particularly strong.
-Leicester would give you a score of 42/48 I think which should be enough for an interview, providing the threshold doesn't go up significantly from last year.
-Not sure about Liverpool, sorry

Hope this helps:smile:
Hi guys

Does anyone know whether Southampton rank admissions based on the ukcat or do you just have to be over their cut off score?

Original post by priyaya
hi guys!
im currently in the final year of biomedical sciences and was planning to apply to graduate medicine. however, i dont know if my ukcat scores are good enough and was hoping if u guys can help me?
UKCAT:
VR: 590
QR: 670
AR: 720
SJ: Band 2
Total score: 1980
Is it worth me trying for ukcat universities?

Babygirl x

Babygirl They'll send it to the right unis even without the right choices put in but yeah its normal.
Original post by michaela__
It certainly is not a bad position, 650 is above the national average don't forget! Just don't apply to super heavy UKCAT uni's e.g normally Newcastle. If you apply to your strengths (do you have amazing GCSEs, predictions, hobbies/sports, UCAS tariff?) then you are in for a good shot. You just need to be smart with where you are applying, as does everyone! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am scottish applicant. Highers AAAAB. B is chemistry. And I think ill be predicted ABB/AAB. Do you know if edinburgh and St Andrews is worth applying?
Original post by ASTK98
It all depends on where you apply. Your score isn't bad at all btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aberdeen, Dundee, St Andrews and Edinburgh
Still haven't got my personal statement back from medify!!!!!!!!! I'm starting to get pissed. The website changed to 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:
Original post by MCMXCVIII
Still haven't got my personal statement back from medify!!!!!!!!! I'm starting to get pissed. The website changed to 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

How is you're reference going to be sent off with your application. I would ask for a refund
Original post by Amyjonesx

UKCAT 660
Achieved A levels A*A*AA

yes you know you do. look at your ACHIEVED A - levels! well done on those

Where do i enter the choices? I cant seem to find it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Potatoo
I am scottish applicant. Highers AAAAB. B is chemistry. And I think ill be predicted ABB/AAB. Do you know if edinburgh and St Andrews is worth applying?

Hi I'm in the same boat as you, applied to those 4 unis, got AAAAB in my highers and 680 in my UKCAT. I'm sure I read somewhere that St Andrews specify that you get an A in chemistry so u could maybe check up on that. I wonder when we're gonna hear about interviews! Best of luck
Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
x

Hiya!

Just thought i'd check in with you as we haven't spoken in a while! How is your application going? xx*
Original post by YouHaveProblems
Babygirl x

Babygirl They'll send it to the right unis even without the right choices put in but yeah its normal.

hahaha idek why but your posts make me laugh*
Original post by Potatoo

Yeah it's still worth applying. Remember that Universities count a B in and advanced higher as an A in higher, so if you get an a B in advanced higher chemistry you should be fine. Aim for an A though. You probably just got unlucky in the exam to not achieve that A. I've seen a lot of people applying for 4 medicine courses and then one non medicine course such as biomedical science. This is a good fallback plan in case you don't meet your conditional, I would suggest you do that. I'm sure you'll get into medicine though with those results, good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest