Where was your first part-time job?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Clearing Helpline at my uni.
Reply 41
Original post by DDan123
Sports direct during sixth form :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

SAME!!... But I guess it's nothing to be happy about, it feels like slave labour
Original post by DDan123
It wasn't awful but it wasn't that great tbh. The other employees were fun, made a few good friends. But I didn't really like my manager, and the actual job got so dull eventually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww right, it was similar for me at M&S. :frown:
Do you work somewhere else now?
Original post by Sweetwinkle786
mine is specsavers still working there and its made me want to become an optician now

Awesome :biggrin:, what kind of things did you do there?
Original post by Airmed
Clearing Helpline at my uni.

Sounds good :smile:, I bet it can get very stressful though in late-August. Which uni are you at?
John lewis!
Reply 46
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Sounds good :smile:, I bet it can get very stressful though in late-August. Which uni are you at?

It was extremely stressful! I'm at Dundee, and now I will be working on one of their alumni fundraising projects in November.
Original post by Airmed
It was extremely stressful! I'm at Dundee, and now I will be working on one of their alumni fundraising projects in November.

Cool :smile:, and that sounds exciting, what fundraising activities are you doing?
Original post by Kooliopoop
John lewis!

What was working there like? :smile:
Original post by Spock's Socks
It was voluntary but I was a part time radio DJ at my local hospital's radio station when I was 16 :colondollar:

No way :shock: I might have seen what you did advertised again, was thinking of applying for it actually... what was it like?
Reply 50
Cool :smile:, and that sounds exciting, what fundraising activities are you doing?

Phoning up graduates, seeing how they are doing, and then persuading them to open their wallets. :colone:

(Will probably know a bit more when I do the training next weekend).
What was working there like? :smile:

I still work there. Atmosphere is really nice, and the managers really care about you as a person. The pay is really good and even working as a part timer because I'm in college you are given responsibility in the department. Food is really cheap and good too! :smile:
Original post by Airmed
Phoning up graduates, seeing how they are doing, and then persuading them to open their wallets. :colone:

(Will probably know a bit more when I do the training next weekend).

Haha, that sounds like fun. :smile:

I hope you enjoy it x
Reply 53
Original post by AfcFob
SAME!!... But I guess it's nothing to be happy about, it feels like slave labour

😂😂 The worst thing was the zero hours contract, I used to get calls from my manager to come in for work the next day even though I had lessons and I was still in sixth form. I think this annoyed him because he would blank me for like a week or two before asking me to come in on the weekend lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kooliopoop
I still work there. Atmosphere is really nice, and the managers really care about you as a person. The pay is really good and even working as a part timer because I'm in college you are given responsibility in the department. Food is really cheap and good too! :smile:

That's good :smile:, I actually had an interview there, but I couldn't go, I may have potentially missed out on this :angry:
Reply 55
Aww right, it was similar for me at M&S. :frown:
Do you work somewhere else now?

Yh just poor management really. I'm on a gap year but I work at Primark now lol. I prefer it to sports direct though, the managers are way more organised :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DDan123
Yh just poor management really. I'm on a gap year but I work at Primark now lol. I prefer it to sports direct though, the managers are way more organised :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww haha.
Primark's good, I'm guessing it gets incredibly busy on like a Saturday lol, and that's good. :smile:
Reply 57
Aww haha.
Primark's good, I'm guessing it gets incredibly busy on like a Saturday lol, and that's good. :smile:

Yh it's usually busy everyday really, but I don't mind because the shift goes way faster when your constantly on the go lol. I've been at Primark for almost three months and one thing I've noticed is there's quite often rude customers 😁
Whereas in sports direct I remember having to deal with like only 1 difficult customer in almost 2 years working there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DDan123
Yh it's usually busy everyday really, but I don't mind because the shift goes way faster when your constantly on the go lol. I've been at Primark for almost three months and one thing I've noticed is there's quite often rude customers 😁
Whereas in sports direct I remember having to deal with like only 1 difficult customer in almost 2 years working there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True. :smile:

And, I can imagine, I got loads of rude snobby people at M&S. :angry:
Reply 59
I was a dabbing instructor

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending