The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rachel58
Thank god - I'm sure it's not very weak if you're taking the time to apply though!
I have so much respect for Econ, it seems so difficult!!! Natural Sciences and Econ applicants are scary.

I think maths is scariest at Trinity, TBH. History seems painful, so much to memorise 😭😭😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamestg
What's your UMS average?

We only had UMS for maths, everything else is RAW, so I'm not sure how important it is? How is yours? What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gmahapatra
We only had UMS for maths, everything else is RAW, so I'm not sure how important it is? How is yours? What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an 87 average (technically 88 though because M1 is irrelevant) and applying for Econ too. Kind of *****ing myself, because only 12.5% of people in that UMS range got an offer in 2014. However I was told not to worry by several colleges and my school.

I couldn't tell you how important it is anymore, the system has been turned on its head. What UMS did you get in Maths?
Original post by jamestg
I got an 87 average (technically 88 though because M1 is irrelevant) and applying for Econ too. Kind of *****ing myself, because only 12.5% of people in that UMS range got an offer in 2014. However I was told not to worry by several colleges and my school.

I couldn't tell you how important it is anymore, the system has been turned on its head. What UMS did you get in Maths?

Hahaha, well done! Which college are you going for now? With any luck, we'll hopefully see each other at Cam!
I did the A2 in maths a year early, scoring 592/600. I'm pretty happy with how it went, but Cambridge is just crazy and I pray to god I don't bomb my ECAA/interview if I get one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think maths is scariest at Trinity, TBH. History seems painful, so much to memorise 😭😭😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, I decided on Trinity when I saw the History acceptance rate was around 30% !!!! That's higher than most colleges.

God, it is. Remember 100 years of Tudor history, 50 years of in-depth Russia history, and the exam technique, and then write for 2.5 hours!!! I wrote my Russia exam with a bandaged hand for AS because I'd overdone the revision just to know everything! But I love it so it's fun in a way.
Hahaha, well done! Which college are you going for now? With any luck, we'll hopefully see each other at Cam!
I did the A2 in maths a year early, scoring 592/600. I'm pretty happy with how it went, but Cambridge is just crazy and I pray to god I don't bomb my ECAA/interview if I get one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Going for St Catharine's! 99% sure I won't get in though :frown:

592/600 is AMAZING, you'll be making a VERY strong application! How did your other AS exams go? I got AAAB overall.
Original post by jamestg
Going for St Catharine's! 99% sure I won't get in though :frown:

592/600 is AMAZING, you'll be making a VERY strong application! How did your other AS exams go? I got AAAB overall.

Thank you! No, I'm sure you stand an amazing chance of getting in. St Cat's is super friendly too! I got As in Physics and Econ too :smile: I was happy, but my marks are quite average really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rachel58
True, I decided on Trinity when I saw the History acceptance rate was around 30% !!!! That's higher than most colleges.

God, it is. Remember 100 years of Tudor history, 50 years of in-depth Russia history, and the exam technique, and then write for 2.5 hours!!! I wrote my Russia exam with a bandaged hand for AS because I'd overdone the revision just to know everything! But I love it so it's fun in a way.

Hahahahaha, excellent! I'm
Sure you stand a fantastic chance then! I can't remember a single date, let alone 150 years of history. You're totally crazy (in a good way)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! No, I'm sure you stand an amazing chance of getting in. St Cat's is super friendly too! I got As in Physics and Econ too :smile: I was happy, but my marks are quite average really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My target is to get an interview lol, seeing as they interview most people. But even now I think I'll get a pre-interview rejection.

Which college are you going for?

Congrats on your grades!
Original post by banana222
im also still waiting on ucl what did you apply for?

Linguistics! You?
Original post by pamplemousse.
Nice, my teacher doing my reference is ill so my app hasn't even been sent yet :frown: are you using the extra space to write on your SAQ?

I definitely am using the extra space - I've spent my PS talking about literature and linguistics with no mention of foreign languages, which might be a hindrance since my course is all about foreign languages and not purely english! So, I'm writing my 1,200 characters on the other languages which I know which will hopefully show them I'm suited to the course :smile: What are you applying for, and to where (college-wise)?
Original post by XxsciencemathsxX
Just got a Maths offer from Warwick! :smile:

When did you send your application off? Also, what's your stats(I.e. AS grades and maths + FM UMS),if you don't mind me asking?
Just got an offer from Nottingham to study English! Unconditional if I firm it! :smile:
I have an offer for Glasgow! AAB!

Anyone know how to check the fee status of my offer?
Original post by joycian117
Just got an offer from Nottingham to study English! Unconditional if I firm it! :smile:

Sorry what do you mean by, an unconditional if you firm it? o.0
I just got a conditional offer for English and Hispanic Studies at Nottingham! Super excited!
Original post by trythis

Anyone know how to check the fee status of my offer?

If this in doubt you need to email the Uni to check.
Original post by Someboady
Sorry what do you mean by, an unconditional if you firm it? o.0

If he/she makes Nottingham his/her firm choice, the offer will become unconditional, otherwise they must have asked him/her for certain grades.
I got unconditional for English and Drama at Birmingham today!
Original post by jesstheravendor
I just got a conditional offer for English and Hispanic Studies at Nottingham! Super excited!

Congratulations! When did you get the general email from UCAS?

Latest

Trending

Trending