The Student Room Group

Personal Statement - Geography and Business Mixed Honours

Hello TSR,

I am currently attempting to write my personal statement for a mixed honours course studying business and geography but am unsure of how im supposed to structure it due to it being mixed honours. Am i supposed to focus more on one than the other or in equal amounts. Also the courses i am applying to have slight variances so do i need to cover all aspects of every course im applying to?

Thank you in advance.
Original post by saltash11
Hello TSR,

I am currently attempting to write my personal statement for a mixed honours course studying business and geography but am unsure of how im supposed to structure it due to it being mixed honours. Am i supposed to focus more on one than the other or in equal amounts. Also the courses i am applying to have slight variances so do i need to cover all aspects of every course im applying to?

Thank you in advance.

Are all of your choices mixed honours?
Hello TSR,

Thank you in advance.

Can you give us the titles of all of the courses you are applying for? With this information it will be easier to advise whether it is possible to write a PS for all of them or whether you maybe need to reconsider your choices.*
Reply 3
Geography with Management at Exeter, Geography and Management at Newcastle are my top two and others are all of the same title at other universities.
Geography with Management at Exeter, Geography and Management at Newcastle are my top two and others are all of the same title at other universities.

If you use the orange 'reply' button it will quote my message so I get a notification and can get back to you (if you don't do this people often will miss your reply as we don't check back on threads) :smile:

Ok that should be fine, naturally you will have more work experience or volunteering in either geography or management so it doesn't have to be a 50:50 split. Aim to have it as even as possible though, even if that means doing some extra reading in one subject and applying slightly later. Admissions tutors need to see that you have a passion for both, and understand how they work together as a joint honours. *

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending