Original post by Nautic4l
Talking about A101 sorry!

A101 was 720 last year I believe?
Original post by Member1995
A101 was 720 last year I believe?

727.5 I think.
Original post by Nautic4l
727.5 I think.

I was 2880 thus 720 avg (as quoted by the admissions team when I spoke to them a few weeks ago)
Does anyone know whether the number of places will increase as Durham university transferred its medical school to Newcastle?
Original post by kayasparkles
Does anyone know whether the number of places will increase as Durham university transferred its medical school to Newcastle?

Not dramatically; but eventually they'll gradually increase. Ncl med is starting up a pharmacy course in the next few years too so the entire faculty In general is gonna be expanding. Not like we're already packed in like sardines or anything 😂😂
Original post by greenfeather
To be honest it has nothing to do with the national average. It's all based on the scores of those who apply to Newcastle...if everyone who applies has 800+ then the cut off will be 800+ even if the national average is 500. Obviously that's a hugely exaggerated number but you see my point.

Just chill out and make your own decisions; don't listen to fear mongering and speculation and remember that most people on here who are willing to post their score have a high one. It's all in the lap of the gods really 🙂

Think they were talking about the average of the pple applying to newcastle
Original post by Harpal10
Could I apply here with 683 UKCAT band 1

I'd say it's worth a shot, you could put it down as your "risk choice"
What does sat in one sitting mean? Does it mean no re-sits or at the end of year 13. I did my maths A-level in year 12 so don't know if I should apply.
Original post by MCMXCVIII
What does sat in one sitting mean? Does it mean no re-sits or at the end of year 13. I did my maths A-level in year 12 so don't know if I should apply.

I'd imagine you have to complete all the necessary a levels in two years, no resitting A2.

Email them, or ring up...
Original post by Docjones1
I'd imagine you have to complete all the necessary a levels in two years, no resitting A2.

Email them, or ring up...

I just did and they hung up on me :s-smilie:
But their websites changed though
(edited 7 years ago)
I just did and they hung up on me :s-smilie:
But their websites changed though

ey? You mean you were speaking and they just hung up?
Original post by Docjones1
ey? You mean you were speaking and they just hung up?

She said she was going to check and just hung up 10 seconds after. I heard when she put it down. :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
She said she was going to check and just hung up 10 seconds after. I heard the when she put it down. :redface:

Oh... That's unfortunate.

I think it's both, so they would want you to do 3 A Levels at the end of year 13 on to it the maths a level you did.
I may not be correct, though :redface:
She said she was going to check and just hung up 10 seconds after. I heard the when she put it down. :redface:

pretty sure ur fine
1970 in the ukcat and band 3, scared is an understatement
Original post by Marina Stomeo
1970 in the ukcat and band 3, scared is an understatement

they don't look at bands remember, so thats not going to effect your application at all so only think about the number :smile: And you never know what the cut off will be so dont stress; all in the lap of the gods now
Jeremy Hunt needs to go!

He's after you and wants a show

to dishearten everyone in his control

and make us doctors cry and fall

until we give in and give him his private goal!

When I say 'us doctors', I mean to be of course :tongue:

G
Original post by greenfeather
they don't look at bands remember, so thats not going to effect your application at all so only think about the number :smile: And you never know what the cut off will be so dont stress; all in the lap of the gods now

Yeah, I know that, but would you say it is worth a shot?
Original post by Marina Stomeo
Yeah, I know that, but would you say it is worth a shot?
Personally, its a yes. I know my UKCAT isn't glamorous but I took the risk. All I can do is hope that the threshold for A100 is lower this year :colondollar:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending