The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Hang on, when's the deadline for medicine and when are we supposed to take UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by optimus9000
Hang on, when's the deadline for medicine and when are we supposed to take UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ukcat is finished now. From july to babygirl october. Ucas deadline is this saturday on 15th.
xx
Does anyone know if any of the Scottish Unis factor in predicted grades for interviews/offers?
Original post by Euan1603
Hi I'm in the same boat as you, applied to those 4 unis, got AAAAB in my highers and 680 in my UKCAT. I'm sure I read somewhere that St Andrews specify that you get an A in chemistry so u could maybe check up on that. I wonder when we're gonna hear about interviews! Best of luck

Yeah, I remember reading that aswell. But I am quite sure I also read if someone is doing ADV chemistry, they'll be considered. So I don't know.
Original post by RossB1702
Yeah it's still worth applying. Remember that Universities count a B in and advanced higher as an A in higher, so if you get an a B in advanced higher chemistry you should be fine. Aim for an A though. You probably just got unlucky in the exam to not achieve that A. I've seen a lot of people applying for 4 medicine courses and then one non medicine course such as biomedical science. This is a good fallback plan in case you don't meet your conditional, I would suggest you do that. I'm sure you'll get into medicine though with those results, good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers
Original post by Amyjonesx
Do I have a chance at following unis with these stats?

UKCAT 660
Achieved A levels A*A*AA
GCSEs: 3A* 7A

Liverpool, Leicester, Bristol and sheffield

Liverpool and Bristol will depend on your PS. Leicester looks likely. Maybe sheffield too as they use UKCAT cut-off.
For people that are reapplying, do you get the same UCAS ID or a different one once you have sent off your application?
Not the appropriate thread but I need some urgent help! I'm not being able to enter the full address of my referee because there isn't enough space in the lines. What should I do?
Original post by Mathsmad123
For people that are reapplying, do you get the same UCAS ID or a different one once you have sent off your application?

I got the same one as before
Original post by Lostperson
which ones are looking at?

Sorry for the late reply! I was thinking kings/ queens and Newcastle 🙈 Idk if my ukcat score is good enough tho 😭
When im putting my Ucas pin into the UKCAT website do i put the hyphens in or leave them??
Original post by YouHaveProblems
babygirl is that on track?

Yes daddy....
Original post by 123chem
Yes daddy....

Bro that's weird I don't roll like that.
And it will show up like that on track. It supposed to specify on UCAS website not on track
Original post by Pawini
When im putting my Ucas pin into the UKCAT website do i put the hyphens in or leave them??

Babygirl u leave them

I got a different one
Original post by lidzi_
Not the appropriate thread but I need some urgent help! I'm not being able to enter the full address of my referee because there isn't enough space in the lines. What should I do?

Post code and number on street should be sufficient anyway
Original post by Jackster556
Does anyone know if any of the Scottish Unis factor in predicted grades for interviews/offers?

I know for definite that Aberdeen and Edinburgh factor in predicted grades but they count for less than your achieved grades. I have a feeling that Dundee does the same but I'm not 100% sure. I'm afraid I don't know if Glasgow or St Andrews factor them in

Your UCAS ID should be the one that you were given when you made your first application through UCAS.
Hey guys do you think applying to QMUL for the a100 as a graduate predicted a 1st is risky with a total ukcat score of 1740?? it says on a pdf they sent me the lowest ukcat score of a graduate applying to the a100 was 1740 but I'm still unsure :/ any advice would be really appreciated!
Original post by ellen111
Hey guys do you think applying to QMUL for the a100 as a graduate predicted a 1st is risky with a total ukcat score of 1740?? it says on a pdf they sent me the lowest ukcat score of a graduate applying to the a100 was 1740 but I'm still unsure :/ any advice would be really appreciated!

It's risky. Even if that applicant got interviewed, the chances of it happening again are quite low. I think QM use the UKCAT more than people think. Can you share the pdf please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LostLemon
Your UCAS ID should be the one that you were given when you made your first application through UCAS.

Mines different 🙃🙃
I had to apply through my school again

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending