The Student Room Group

Protostar's Path to Perfection!

Scroll to see replies

12/10/2016 - Evening update

Woo consecutive updates, go me! :tongue:

Today's been an incredibly boring day with plenty of free time that i used to get stuff done, so it's been productive in a sense. I've almost finished my physics practical write-up (just got a quick risk assessment to do) so that's a plus!! Unfortunately I haven't been able to do a bit of research homework as there is NOTHING about it literally anywhere, so who knows how well that'll go down tomorrow :s-smilie:. Maths was pretty dull as usual, although my teacher gave us sweets so it wasn't all bad! I got a bit more application/personal statement type things typed up for my university scheme forms so all being well I should have them completed by this time next week :smile:. I also went to the gym after school today which was very enjoyable (it's been a while!!) so now I'm pretty exhausted so calling it a night! Until tomorrow :h: x
Original post by NiamhM1801
x

What is your exam board for Maths and Further Maths?

x

Oh wow, you go to the gym - that's interesting. Nice, it's fun, isn't it? :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Chittesh14
What is your exam board for Maths and Further Maths?

AQA maths, Edexcel further maths how about you?

Oh wow, you go to the gym - that's interesting. Nice, it's fun, isn't it? :biggrin:

Yeah I've been going on and off for over a year now but I'm trying to make it more consistent again :tongue:. It really is!!
x!

Lol 2 different exam boards... And edexcel for both maths and further maths. I was wondering lol C1 and algebraic long division :redface:. Lol, keep going - it keeps you active.

Posted from TSR Mobile
14/10/2016 - Night update

Apologies for not updating yesterday, was a busy busy day for me!

Yesterday and today I have:
Maths: more work on coordinate geometry, that's about it really. STILL NO MECHANICS!! :angry:
Further Maths: linear programming stuff, melted my head a little today but I'll look over it before I do my homework so I understand it better
Physics: yesterday we did our practical, it went a lot better than I anticipated but I still have a bit left to do such as drawing up my graph and finishing my risk assessment, I'll also have to make a few changes to what I originally wrote but that's fine. I should get it all done this weekend. Today I had 3 frees and a study period so I used them wisely and started revising physics for one of my 2 tests next week. I have to admit I am slightly nervous (especially with the waves stuff, not so much the photons stuff) but hopefully if i prepare well enough over this weekend I should be okay.

Last night I went to an information evening regarding work experience that I'll have to do at the beginning of July next year (conveniently only a week after my last exam, yay 🙃). I need to start looking a thing places to go soon. I really want to be able to do it in a high school (as if you didn't know, I want to be a teacher when I'm older) so if I'm not able to do that's then I don't know what I'll do!!

Anyway, its been a very long week as always so I'm going to get some well needed sleep, goodnight! :h: x
Lol 2 different exam boards... And edexcel for both maths and further maths. I was wondering lol C1 and algebraic long division :redface:. Lol, keep going - it keeps you active.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup 2 different boards, i don't mind it though, they're both alright :smile:. Ahh that's good that we're doing the same board for further maths! Aha yeah my teacher said that it's a bit different between the two boards as to what's on which paper :tongue:. I definitely will, especially since (other than hockey once a week) it's the only form of "proper" exercise I get anymore
Yup 2 different boards, i don't mind it though, they're both alright :smile:. Ahh that's good that we're doing the same board for further maths! Aha yeah my teacher said that it's a bit different between the two boards as to what's on which paper :tongue:. I definitely will, especially since (other than hockey once a week) it's the only form of "proper" exercise I get anymore

Yeah, true :smile:, we can help each other :wink:. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Edexcel is known to be the hardest exam board, so it'll be better for you haha. Anyway, gym is life xD even though I workout at home lol (weird).
Yeah, true :smile:, we can help each other :wink:. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Edexcel is known to be the hardest exam board, so it'll be better for you haha. Anyway, gym is life xD even though I workout at home lol (weird).

Yes we can! Is it really? Ooh I don't like the sound of that then, lucky I'm only doing it for further maths. Haha, I do like going :smile: oh right, what sort of stuff do you do at home then?
Yes we can! Is it really? Ooh I don't like the sound of that then, lucky I'm only doing it for further maths. Haha, I do like going :smile: oh right, what sort of stuff do you do at home then?

If you work hard, nothing is hard (lol).
Push ups and tricep dips. Soon diamond push ups....
Probably once in a month sit ups lol.
I did weights before but nowadays I become to skinny so I stay away from them now lol - only do them in the half term or on certain days.
That's about it lol I can train my legs or anything but I just don't - too lazy and they're already hench so I don't see why I should :wink:.
If you work hard, nothing is hard (lol).
Push ups and tricep dips. Soon diamond push ups....
Probably once in a month sit ups lol.
I did weights before but nowadays I become to skinny so I stay away from them now lol - only do them in the half term or on certain days.
That's about it lol I can train my legs or anything but I just don't - too lazy and they're already hench so I don't see why I should :wink:.

If you say so, haha
Ahh so you focus on mainly muscular stuff rather than cardio - i do a bit of everything I suppose. Although I'm terrible at push-ups and tricep dips kill me lol (circuit training memories, ah). Ooh get you hench legs :wink: although to be fair my legs are way stronger than my arms too :tongue:
18/10/2016 - Night update

I'm the most forgetful person I know whoops...

Today I am in a very good mood! Not quite sure why but I sure ain't complaining :biggrin:! I had 2 physics tests today which I honestly spent so SO long preparing for, and luckily my hard work paid off as I got 36/40 in the first one (on the easier and more interesting content) and 26/34 in the second one (on the harder and duller content)!! It made me happy to know that I'm not as bad at physics as I thought (which is amazing as I was having quite a lot of worries about how badly I would probably do) so now I'm a lot more relaxed about it :smile: happy days

Today's further maths lesson (double) seemed to go on for EVER. We were doing some extra practice on linear programming as we were all a bit baffled by it still (tbh I still don't completely get it but it's nothing a couple of YouTube videos and practice questions can't solve) but it just dragged and dragged because it's not the most interesting topic in the world and each question takes a loooong time to answer fully. I honestly didn't know when it would end. I think my teacher saw that I was getting bored pretty quickly so he gave me last years UKMT senior team maths challenge (as I'm doing it next month, can't wait :biggrin:) to have a go at. It was pretty challenging I won't lie, but I managed to get 48/60 of the marks for it so I'm reasonably happy with that! The problems are also really fun to solve, absolutely nothing like anything I've done before (apart from maybe one or two questions) but really engaging.

My physics practical write up was due in today (we got a bit of an extension because we needed to draw a graph and make some alterations) and despite all the effort i went to doing it last week I went and LOST IT so had to rewrite everything up again last night which was such a pain. It didn't take quite as long as the first time as I'd actually done the experiment then so it was more accurate and realistic, so in the end I didn't mind so much. It was just a bit inconvenient as it ate into quite a lot of my revision time. Hey ho, I got it done :smile:.

Also I just realised it's 3 months until my birthday, yayyy!! :biggrin:
Night everyone x
If you say so, haha
Ahh so you focus on mainly muscular stuff rather than cardio - i do a bit of everything I suppose. Although I'm terrible at push-ups and tricep dips kill me lol (circuit training memories, ah). Ooh get you hench legs :wink: although to be fair my legs are way stronger than my arms too :tongue:

Lol yeah, I'm too fit for cardio lol. Joking, but I don't need to burn any fat so I don't do it uness I go to the gym - then I do cardio everytime, it's just the routine but at home nah lol. Muscles are key lol. I couldn't even do more than 5-10 pushups in a row before (like 2 years ago) despite having some sticking out, lean triceps from them lol, mainly because I didn't know how to do them lol my form was so bad all these years. I think I've picked up a shoulder injury lol but whatever now I do them correctly and its way easier to do 15 consecutively lol but then pretty much failure at 20. I find tricep dips too easy, I can do like 50 if I want to but I just can't be bothered, I find push ups hard. Lol, legs are meant to be stronger than arms but mine are way way stronger {or muscular} :wink:.
18/10/2016 - Night update

I'm the most forgetful person I know whoops...

Today I am in a very good mood! Not quite sure why but I sure ain't complaining :biggrin:! I had 2 physics tests today which I honestly spent so SO long preparing for, and luckily my hard work paid off as I got 36/40 in the first one (on the easier and more interesting content) and 26/34 in the second one (on the harder and duller content)!! It made me happy to know that I'm not as bad at physics as I thought (which is amazing as I was having quite a lot of worries about how badly I would probably do) so now I'm a lot more relaxed about it :smile: happy days

Today's further maths lesson (double) seemed to go on for EVER. We were doing some extra practice on linear programming as we were all a bit baffled by it still (tbh I still don't completely get it but it's nothing a couple of YouTube videos and practice questions can't solve) but it just dragged and dragged because it's not the most interesting topic in the world and each question takes a loooong time to answer fully. I honestly didn't know when it would end. I think my teacher saw that I was getting bored pretty quickly so he gave me last years UKMT senior team maths challenge (as I'm doing it next month, can't wait :biggrin:) to have a go at. It was pretty challenging I won't lie, but I managed to get 48/60 of the marks for it so I'm reasonably happy with that! The problems are also really fun to solve, absolutely nothing like anything I've done before (apart from maybe one or two questions) but really engaging.

My physics practical write up was due in today (we got a bit of an extension because we needed to draw a graph and make some alterations) and despite all the effort i went to doing it last week I went and LOST IT so had to rewrite everything up again last night which was such a pain. It didn't take quite as long as the first time as I'd actually done the experiment then so it was more accurate and realistic, so in the end I didn't mind so much. It was just a bit inconvenient as it ate into quite a lot of my revision time. Hey ho, I got it done :smile:.

Also I just realised it's 3 months until my birthday, yayyy!! :biggrin:
Night everyone x

Well done niamh you doing so well !! :smile: When's your birthday mine's in 2 months :h:
Good blog!
Lol yeah, I'm too fit for cardio lol. Joking, but I don't need to burn any fat so I don't do it uness I go to the gym - then I do cardio everytime, it's just the routine but at home nah lol. Muscles are key lol. I couldn't even do more than 5-10 pushups in a row before (like 2 years ago) despite having some sticking out, lean triceps from them lol, mainly because I didn't know how to do them lol my form was so bad all these years. I think I've picked up a shoulder injury lol but whatever now I do them correctly and its way easier to do 15 consecutively lol but then pretty much failure at 20. I find tricep dips too easy, I can do like 50 if I want to but I just can't be bothered, I find push ups hard. Lol, legs are meant to be stronger than arms but mine are way way stronger {or muscular} :wink:.

Oh wow haha, wish i could say the same!! I get it lol. I can barely do one haha :tongue: injury doesn't sound good! One day youll do 20, and 30! Damn, I'm so bad at tricep dips. I think I can do around 7 or 8 before completely dying!! Yeah i know they're naturally stronger but mine are the same (probably because I have pretty much no muscle in my arms lol) :tongue:

Original post by nisha.sri
Well done niamh you doing so well !! :smile: When's your birthday mine's in 2 months :h:

Ah thank you!! Mine's in just under 3 months, on the 18th of January (hence the 1801 in my username :tongue:)

Original post by Laliy220
Good blog!

Thank you very much! :h:
23/10/2016 - Night update
Half Term is Here!!!
Woohoo, finally a break. It's been a long 7 weeks and now I can finally do a bit of relaxing (as I honestly don't have the biggest amount of work to do :biggrin:)

Since last time I have found out I'll be a prefect for a second year running :biggrin:. I've already done two things as a student leader: helping out at sixth form open evening and serving refreshments at a charity music event, both of which were pretty enjoyable. I'm looking forward to doing a lot more this year than i did last year for sure!

This half term I'll be doing whatever homework I have, catching up with making physics notes (as I'm a bit behind), doing a bit of revision of what I've learnt so far in each of my subjects (to keep myself refreshed) and doing a bit of prep for the senior team maths challenge. If I have some spare time I might read a bit ahead for physics to give myself a bit of base knowledge for when we move on to new content, as that'll make the lessons a bit easier to get through.

For now though I've just had a very chilled out weekend, which was very nice :smile: I'm just so grateful that it's half term!
Oh wow haha, wish i could say the same!! I get it lol. I can barely do one haha :tongue: injury doesn't sound good! One day youll do 20, and 30! Damn, I'm so bad at tricep dips. I think I can do around 7 or 8 before completely dying!! Yeah i know they're naturally stronger but mine are the same (probably because I have pretty much no muscle in my arms lol) :tongue:

Dam, you can barely do 1? I think you should start doing pushups everyday then lol, you'll be gaining fast. It's important to be able to do them anyway, forget dips lol.
Dam, you can barely do 1? I think you should start doing pushups everyday then lol, you'll be gaining fast. It's important to be able to do them anyway, forget dips lol.

I did say I was bad!! I probably should, I meant to start doing them a while ago but I did them for one day and then gave up lol
I did say I was bad!! I probably should, I meant to start doing them a while ago but I did them for one day and then gave up lol

Lol it doesn't mean you're bad, it just means you've never really worked out before or don't have muscle/endurance. It's so easy to build it within a month of doing pushups, they're too good. Or, take the easier way and lift weights lol.
24/10/2016 - Evening update
Happy 1st TSR Birthday to Me! :birthday:
Yes that's right, I've officially had this TSR account for a whole year! (Wow that's takes me back, revising for year 11 mocks :redface:)

Today I haven't done a right lot, but I've got my physics and further maths homeworks done. I'm also going to look at some past papers for the maths challenge to try and sharpen myself up to the alternate way of thinking (as it's pretty alien to me!)

Not the longest of updates as I've had a pretty uneventful day - I just really didn't want to miss my one year TSR anniversary! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending