The Student Room Group

Best game you've played since you started gaming?

Scroll to see replies

I am playing games for sooo long. There are a lot which are candidates for the best one.

*SNES
Mega Man X
Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
Donkey Kong Country 2
Super Mario Kart *

*NES
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4

N64
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Wave Race 64
Zelda Ocarina of time
Game Boy
Wario Land
Super Mario Land 2
Tetris
Zelda: Link's awakening

Hard to say what is the best game ever, just because there are so many different kind of games.*
(edited 7 years ago)
World of Warcraft. My dad introduced me to it when I was around 6, 10 years ago. I'm still playing it actively to this day, my passion for the game hasn't changed a bit :smile:
The original Settlers game was amazing. For anybody who played it and wishes they could do so again, there's now an open source clone called Widelands (google it) which is good fun too.

GTA games (with mods, obv) and anything by Bioware is good too :smile:
Life is Strange is such a good game and the Dragon Quest game for the DS, sentinels of the Starry Skies. Starbound has a good soundtrack- it's like minecraft in space. Plus Okami for the Wii, gosh I loved that game, I even bought the art book for it.
Best game I've ever played? Hmm... I have so many, but if I have to narrow it down to 3, it has to be Shadow of the Colossus, Skyrim and Shenmue 1 and 2 (that's 4 but whatever :biggrin:). Oh, and fave developer? Atlus. Or Naughty Dog. Or both.
Maybe skyrim and final fantasy 7 and 9 all of which i have completed.
Goldeneye on the N64
Manic Miner (ask your dad/mum) :wink:
Any Assassin's Creed
The Fallout series
Witcher 3
Thief 1/2/3 etc
Dead Island
Civillisation 1-5
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sorani
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (although I´d also put the first and third game not far behind it) is still hands down for me the best game I've ever played. I really miss how big the adventure game genre used to be. I love the way it looks, and even prefer the older graphics over the new version, I love the music, the atmosphere, the humour. For me, personally, it's a flawless game.

Yeah that game just kept you hooked and you couldn't stop laughing, the sword fighting **** was amazing. A great game.

Pity they haven't done a Monkey Island game in years...
Probably most of the arcade games from the '80s, my personal favourite probably Star Force.
Original post by suky321
Probably most of the arcade games from the '80s, my personal favourite probably Star Force.

They were nice to play as a pasttime. Some of them which I played were very tough to come far.
Original post by Kallisto
They were nice to play as a pasttime. Some of them which I played were very tough to come far.

They were a lot harder and challenging than present day games, and had more of the "just one more try" factor. I still play the sometimes on the MAME emulator on the Wii or PC.
Original post by suky321
They were a lot harder and challenging than present day games, and had more of the "just one more try" factor. I still play the sometimes on the MAME emulator on the Wii or PC.

The last game I have played was Phalanx for SNES. Gosh, it begins to challenge in second stage. The other stages are difficult, I even would say almost impossible to get.
Original post by Kallisto
The last game I have played was Phalanx for SNES. Gosh, it begins to challenge in second stage. The other stages are difficult, I even would say almost impossible to get.

I think the hardest game I ever played was Battletoads on the SNES. It was rock solid, and I'm usually quite good at games, completing many arcade games with 10p :smile:. But Battletoads is at another level in terms of difficulty.
Original post by suky321
I think the hardest game I ever played was Battletoads on the SNES. It was rock solid, and I'm usually quite good at games, completing many arcade games with 10p :smile:. But Battletoads is at another level in terms of difficulty.

Oh yeah, know the game without to play it in the past. Watched some walkthroughs and it looks quite tough to play that through. The same goes for the successor Battle Toads and Double Dragons.*
Tekken all the way.
As well as Elder Scrolls , overwatch which can get annoying but still end up playing it.
Reply 295
Star Wars Battlefront 2, Spyro (Year Of The Dragon in particular), Red Dead Redemption and Rust. Oh and Age Of Empires! This list could go on forever no doubt.
In terms of addiction Diablo 2 and LoL. In terms of fun and overall CoD4. Some contenders to be mentioned just because the game was just so well-made are Portal, C&C Red Alert, and GTA III.
MGS2
IQ
Puzzle League
I really enjoyed Ori and The Blind Forest and love Elder Scrolls and Dishonored. I also really enjoyed The Bard's Tale which was hilarious and the Trine games.

And if anyone's heard of it - Ghost of a Tale. It's in Early Access right now and is incredible! It's very reminiscent of a 90's action RPG game. It's an Indie game primarily made by 1 person. The graphics and artwork are amazing and it's just a lovely game. Very atmospheric which plenty of exploration and collecting to do. For those who hate games nowadays for providing too much hand-holding through objective markers you'll love this as it offers little to guide you - you have to solve puzzles and find your way alone. Each character has its own theme - that's how much care has gone into this game. You play as Tilo the mouse, a minstrel who is has been imprisoned and needs to find out why he was imprisoned, find where his wife is and uncover who exactly 'S' is. This game is refreshing and is challenging. It's a stealth, exploration, dungeon-crawling game and throwing bottles at rats is great fun! The guards are rats by the way and some people say it remind them of the Secret of NIMH. Again if you want a game that will give you nostalgia try it out! There is no voice acting, just dialogue boxes which also have footnotes and you have multiple dialogue options which apparently influence how Tilo is treated throughout the game.

Did anyone play ABZU that also came out this year?
(edited 7 years ago)
Crash bandicoot , need for speed most wanted & crazy taxi all on Ps2:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest