The Student Room Group

Academic Chemistry Article

Hello!

Some of my uni choices are the Russel group universities. In my personal statement, I talk about a chemistry blog that I am following, which in my eyes shows that chemistry is more of my interest and I don't see it at school but also outside of it. However, the head of my sixth form wants me to talk about an academic article that I have read as a blog won't attract the Russel group unis. My question is, do any of you know any academic chemistry articles that I could read and talk about in my personal statement?
Original post by xmagdaa123x
Hello!

Some of my uni choices are the Russel group universities. In my personal statement, I talk about a chemistry blog that I am following, which in my eyes shows that chemistry is more of my interest and I don't see it at school but also outside of it. However, the head of my sixth form wants me to talk about an academic article that I have read as a blog won't attract the Russel group unis. My question is, do any of you know any academic chemistry articles that I could read and talk about in my personal statement?

Maybe ask your Chemistry teachers for a Royal Society of Chemistry magazine and find an article that interests you in there?? I used to see them lying around sixth form, a lot of teachers have these sort of magazines come in thru the post quite regularly😊😊
You don't needd to add any (further) reading in your PS though-if you don't want to or can't find anything. I applied for Chemitry at russel group unis (last year) and didn't mention any sort of article/reading in my ps and got offered unconditional places. But if you do find something that really interests you and you could talk about in potential interviews then deffo add it! Good luck 😊😊
Reply 2
Original post by Terrificmagenta
Maybe ask your Chemistry teachers for a Royal Society of Chemistry magazine and find an article that interests you in there?? I used to see them lying around sixth form, a lot of teachers have these sort of magazines come in thru the post quite regularly😊😊
You don't needd to add any (further) reading in your PS though-if you don't want to or can't find anything. I applied for Chemitry at russel group unis (last year) and didn't mention any sort of article/reading in my ps and got offered unconditional places. But if you do find something that really interests you and you could talk about in potential interviews then deffo add it! Good luck 😊😊

Thank you a lot!
Exactly, in my eyes I don't need to add anything. No one really likes the teacher as she just tells everyone what to do and most of the time it isn't something the student would like to do. Luckily, she's leaving next week so another teacher will be in charge of that :biggrin::biggrin: Thank you again! :smile:
Original post by xmagdaa123x
Thank you a lot!
Exactly, in my eyes I don't need to add anything. No one really likes the teacher as she just tells everyone what to do and most of the time it isn't something the student would like to do. Luckily, she's leaving next week so another teacher will be in charge of that :biggrin::biggrin: Thank you again! :smile:

Loll
No problem.
Good luck with uni application and alevels😊😊

Quick Reply

Latest