The Student Room Group

Men who can't get laid are usually weird and unpleasant.

You get some that pretend to be nice guys but are posting idiotic misogynistic rubbish on the internet. You get those that are weird as hell and post weird Elliot Rodger-like selfies with captions.

I believe there is a direct correlation between how undesirable they are and how much they get laid. There is a natural balance and correcting mechanism to nature.

Those that can't get laid are really the bottom of natures' hierarchy.
There's usually a reason they can't get laid, but it's not always because they are **** people. Sometimes it's from health reasons, be it mental health or physical health.
Original post by AlexFam
There's usually a reason they can't get laid, but it's not always because they are **** people. Sometimes it's from health reasons, be it mental health or physical health.

In my experience most of the time it is because they are ****ing weird and unreasonable people.
Original post by James.Carnell
In my experience most of the time it is because they are ****ing weird and unreasonable people.

I know a few virgins and it's more often than not, in my experience, an anxiety thing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AlexFam
I know a few virgins and it's more often than not, in my experience, an anxiety thing.

some are gentlemen
some are supreme gentlemen
Original post by James.Carnell
I believe there is a direct correlation between how undesirable they are and how much they get laid.

Listen to that sentence in your head a few times. You have the created the most glaringly obvious tautology in history. You'd be a crap philosopher.
Have you ever thought that some men choose not to get laid because they want to have sex with someone they care about rather than some one night stand?
Reply 7
There is something about this post
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Have you ever thought that some men choose not to get laid because they want to have sex with someone they care about rather than some one night stand?

It's all about getting laid over here.
Reply 9
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

Attachment not found
Reply 10
As one of those men, I have to agree. I’m not misogynistic at all, but I am definitely weird, and definitely at the bottom of nature’s hierarchy. Very omega. I had that beaten into me at school and the lesson stayed with me throughout my life: I am not a real man, so there is absolutely no reason why any woman would be attracted to me. Got it.Sixty two years old now, so at least I’ll be dead soon. There’s a bright side to everything.
Reply 11
Original post by JackRaw
As one of those men, I have to agree. I’m not misogynistic at all, but I am definitely weird, and definitely at the bottom of nature’s hierarchy. Very omega. I had that beaten into me at school and the lesson stayed with me throughout my life: I am not a real man, so there is absolutely no reason why any woman would be attracted to me. Got it.Sixty two years old now, so at least I’ll be dead soon. There’s a bright side to everything.

Why didn't you post on this thread when you were 57?
I think it's disgusting and despicable to imply that all men who do not get laid are monsters comparable to Elliot Rodger. I don't know why people are so quick to jump to conclusions and quote this man's name when the issues that led to his crimes ran far deeper than just his lack of success with women. IIRC he had a personality disorder and a history of violent outbursts way before he picked up a gun. The overwhelming majority of men who don't get laid do not have these problems, even though the media narrative today paints single men with the same brush as the incel community. That couldn't be further from the truth.

I have a group of friends who are introverted but work in great jobs making £££ yet are still virgins in their late 20's/early 30's. The reasons they do not get laid are A) looks and B) lack of confidence. They do not have mental health issues, they are not misogynists and they do not pretend to be anything they are not. Female hypergamous standards increasing out of control since the sexual revolution created sexual liberation for girls, plus easy access to unlimited men through Tinder and unattainable standards over Instagram. These are responsible for the increase in male virginity rates, men losing their virginity much later than ever, and a perpetual lack of sex for some men. There is unequal access to sex between men and women, no matter how much those in denial will lie to you that there isn't. Watch this discussion and listen carefully to what Chris says about the dating market creating large classes of sexless men. Also pay attention to the words: sexual redistribution strategy.

I realise this thread is 5 years old and in normal circumstances I would leave it alone. But after reading that huge pile of steaming misleading BS in the OP's comments, I was compelled to speak up about this.

Reply 13
Original post by asif007
These are responsible for the increase in male virginity rates, men losing their virginity much later than ever

Any evidence of this?

In particular that boys are doing it later but girls are doing it at the same age as the good old days.

Latest