The Student Room Group

Housemate is controlling to the point of intimidation.

Hes a criminology student (wants to be a policeman) and in my opinion a hypocrite, so far he moans at tenants for "breaking the law" over smallest things and goes onto rants about stuff like "people watching/downloading illegal stuff online" and moaning how his career will be affected.

He has gone to the point of bullying another tenant to get their food cupboard by intimidation like "you dont use this cupboard, thus you don't need it, I need it so its only fair I have it" then the "whats the problem" attitude

He has accused us of watching tv on our laptops and said "if TV license people come round he will let them in and give them all our names" and when arguing with him hes "if you haven't got anything to hide you would let them in/ have no problem proving it"

Yeah he will make it as a policeman as he has the stereotypes.

The big one is with me, I had a few parcels sent down from aunts house as I stored my pc there and she sent me some bedding down so its 2/3 boxes of stuff.

But it came in her name as she was the one who paid for it, the housemate puts the stuff in his room and does his loud intimidating act saying he will keep them till the person who claims them PROVES its theirs by giving him things like emails!!!

How dare he!

Seems more like a gangster than a future policeman.

Don't know what to do next.

Scroll to see replies

Some options:

Tell him to mind his own business and stop fussing around pretending to be a copper.

Move out.

I'm not suggesting you reason with him because by the sounds of it he's beyond reason.
Ask for his birth certificate and continue to deny anything he says about his race/name/birthplace etc until he does. And then when he does, allege it was forged.
And report him for stealing Aunt Meredith's post, as it's not his. In fact, call that new police number on him.
You have no reason to argue about the law - if it's illegal it's illegal. Your housemate is in the right here.
Report him for bullying, theft and intimidation to the warden, type up a list of the things he has done and get it signed by your housemates. He will **** himself if they even have a quiet word, after all, his career may be affected by these accusations against him.
sounds like he'd fail PIRT dismally as well...
well makes sense, bullies tend to go for careers that give them positions of power. Bouncers, police, military etc. Of course if they are just plain scum they will tend to be weeded out before they even get close (exception being bouncers).

Options:

1) tell him to go **** himself

2) tell him to grow the **** up and stop acting like a 5yr old who thinks he is a cop, first few weeks of a criminology degree have probably gone to his head and he thinks he is training to be a police officer, then tell him to put his dick in his *******.

3)go mad at him
Oh and he wont ever make it into the police, he needs more than a degree in criminology to get through the recruitment process. Nobhead.
Lol, who on earth complains about free streaming

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
The big one is with me, I had a few parcels sent down from aunts house as I stored my pc there and she sent me some bedding down so its 2/3 boxes of stuff.
But it came in her name as she was the one who paid for it, the housemate puts the stuff in his room and does his loud intimidating act saying he will keep them till the person who claims them PROVES its theirs by giving him things like emails!!!.
His knowledge of the law is weak.
This is theft on his part as they clearly do not belong to him.
It is irrelevant whose name is on the parcel; they were clearly intended for you as they were sent by a relative.
Original post by ViewOnlyMum
Oh and he wont ever make it into the police, he needs more than a degree in criminology to get through the recruitment process. Nobhead.

he'd almost certainly fail PIRT and SJTs in the recruitment process and if he managed to manipulate his way through therecruitment process he'd fail at training college or during Probation ...
Original post by #ChaosKass
You have no reason to argue about the law - if it's illegal it's illegal. Your housemate is in the right here.

Who says we are doing anything illegal though? He is saying we are and hiding the fact.

Which makes me bring up something that makes him a hypocrite, he goes on about breaking laws when he first met us he was telling us stories about lads holidays and going drinking with friends.

Except hes only just turned 18 meaning he did all this when he was under 18.
Hes a criminology student (wants to be a policeman) and in my opinion a hypocrite, so far he moans at tenants for "breaking the law" over smallest things and goes onto rants about stuff like "people watching/downloading illegal stuff online" and moaning how his career will be affected.

He has gone to the point of bullying another tenant to get their food cupboard by intimidation like "you dont use this cupboard, thus you don't need it, I need it so its only fair I have it" then the "whats the problem" attitude

He has accused us of watching tv on our laptops and said "if TV license people come round he will let them in and give them all our names" and when arguing with him hes "if you haven't got anything to hide you would let them in/ have no problem proving it"

But it came in her name as she was the one who paid for it, the housemate puts the stuff in his room and does his loud intimidating act saying he will keep them till the person who claims them PROVES its theirs by giving him things like emails!!!

How dare he!

****! He's not on my course, is he? All the lads on my course are lovely. Superglue the fridge handle.
OP you guys NEED to have a talk amongst yourselves and sit down and have a chat with him or hes gonna keep ****ing around

The stuff was obviously meant for you and it's illegal and THEFT for him to take other peoples mail FYI

Keep a log with dates n times of whats going on and like I said you ALL need to get together and sort this dick head out.
Who says we are doing anything illegal though? He is saying we are and hiding the fact.

Which makes me bring up something that makes him a hypocrite, he goes on about breaking laws when he first met us he was telling us stories about lads holidays and going drinking with friends.

Except hes only just turned 18 meaning he did all this when he was under 18.

Ignore ChaosKass. She's horrible to everyone.
Original post by HannaMarin
The stuff was obviously meant for you and it's illegal and THEFT for him to take other peoples mail FYI .
Correct.
Theft of mail is a serious crime and career finisher.
I would call a real policeman.

How dare he!

If others feel the same, have a house meeting and all tell him he needs to alter his behaviour or consider leaving.

If not confident you can stand up to him, then all make a complaing to acommodation office or your warden or LL

If not confident with that then leave yourself.

He sounds really odious.
Original post by 999tigger
If others feel the same, have a house meeting and all tell him he needs to alter his behaviour or consider leaving.

If not confident you can stand up to him, then all make a complaing to acommodation office or your warden or LL

If not confident with that then leave yourself.

He sounds really odious.

PRSOM
Original post by mphysical
Correct.
Theft of mail is a serious crime and career finisher.
I would call a real policeman.

it's not theft of mail as per the postal services act - it's been delivered to the address, it's just plain ordinary theft ... but even then still enough to block his desires to try and join the police at the first step.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending