The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Ask Us Anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by belfaststudent01
Hello, I am currently a direct entry student (went directly into year 2 of a degree after completing a relevant HND).

Recently, for numerous reasons, I've been regretting my choice of going directly into 2nd year (skipping 1st year). This year has not went so well due to personal reasons (including health reasons) and I also feel like I have missed out on some important teaching which would have been done in the first year. I would really like to do it starting from 1st year of the degree.

I was wondering if I can start over from 1st year (of the same degree course). If so, how would I go about this and is there anything important I should know about it?

Also any info in terms of student finance funding.

Hi belfaststudent01,

Sorry we missed your post!

We just wanted to check if you found the information you were looking for.

If there is anything you need, please let us know.

Team Queen's
(Kachela)
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by user23456
Hello, I'm applying through ucas extra, will I still be eligible for the scholarships for being an english student or was this only first time applicants not ucas extra?

Hi user2345,

Sorry we missed your message.

Hopefully you got the news you were hoping for! We just wanted to check that you were able to find all the information you needed.

Just let us know if there is anything else you need and we'll try and point you in the right direction!

Team Queen's
(Kachela)
Original post by jmck3
Hi
I have firmed Dentistry at Queens.
Is there any scholarships available for me?

Thanks

James

Hi James,

Sorry we missed your message.

If you would still like to explore our scholarships, you can find them here: http://bit.ly/2doAOno

Plus, if you contact the School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences, they will be able to tell you about any specific scholarships or awards for your course.

T: +44 (0)28 9097 2215
W: http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/mdbs/Connect/

We hope this helps.

Team Queen’s
(Kachela)
Original post by ComputerCat
I'm still waiting for a reply to see if I was successful or not in getting a place on to the course I chose at Queens. Any idea how long it will take until I get a reply? I'm very stressed out at the moment because if I don't get in i'll need to arrange accommodation for my insurance choice as soon as possible.

Hi ComputerCat,

Sorry we missed your post. Hopefully you got the news you were waiting for!

If there is anything you need, please let us know!

Team Queen's
(Kachela)
Original post by Lopasebomba
My ucas is still pending gor my course in french and spanish. Im just wondering how much longer will it be before i know if i have been accepted or rejected. Thank you

Hi Lopasebomba,

Sorry we missed your message. Really hope you got on to your French and Spanish course!

If there is any information you need, please let us know.

Team Queen's
(Kachela)
Original post by cait1239
Hi, I'm only asking since I couldn't find it on the website. In the entrance requirements section say for BSc Chemistry, it says 'Chemistry and a second science subject'. Would that could from the core sciences of Maths, Biology and Physics or would it be an extended list? If it is an extended list what is included in it? Thank you for your time :smile:

Hi cait1239,

There are a range of possible second Science subjects which would be considered including the likes of Computer Science, ICT (not applied), Environmental Technology, Geography, Geology, Technology & Design as well as the more traditional options of Mathematics, Biology and Physics.

Other subjects would be considered on an individual basis and you should contact our Admissions and Access Service for further advice at [email protected]

Best of luck with your application! :goodluck:

Kachela
Hi! I sent away my UCAS application last week and when I log on to track, it shows the 5 courses I've applied for. However when I click on Medicine at QUB and Medicinal Chemistry and QUB. An error message comes up. Do you have any idea what this means. I've already contacted UCAS and QUB admissions however this is still showing on my Track and I'm beginning to panic understandably as we approach the deadline. Hope you can help. ThanksIMG_4136.PNG
I want to apply for Mental Health Nursing at Queens :smile:

I am a student from England. Can you tell me if you give any preference to Irish applicants or does it really not make a difference? Do the nursing courses require an interview? I saw something about a portfolio, what does that involve?

Thank you very much.
Hello

I applied to computer science g400 with direct entry to year two I was wondering if there was any scholarship available as i am planning get it DDD in my HND to get in.

Thanks jorme431
Original post by nbegley339
Hi! I sent away my UCAS application last week and when I log on to track, it shows the 5 courses I've applied for. However when I click on Medicine at QUB and Medicinal Chemistry and QUB. An error message comes up. Do you have any idea what this means. I've already contacted UCAS and QUB admissions however this is still showing on my Track and I'm beginning to panic understandably as we approach the deadline. Hope you can help. ThanksIMG_4136.PNG

Morning nbegley339

I've just spoken with our Admissions team and they've said this is a problem on the UCAS side but if you contact our Admissions office directly on 028 9097 3838 with your details they will be able to check if they have received your application.

Hope you get everything sorted but if you have any more issues please let us know.

Best of luck! :crossedf:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd
I want to apply for Mental Health Nursing at Queens :smile:

I am a student from England. Can you tell me if you give any preference to Irish applicants or does it really not make a difference? Do the nursing courses require an interview? I saw something about a portfolio, what does that involve?

Thank you very much.

Hi Lizzipth_Floyd :hello:

Thanks for getting in touch!

Firstly all applicants are treated equally regardless of where you hail from! With regard to the course itself, all our nursing courses require an interview as part of the application process but Queen's do not ask for a portfolio as one of their stipulations.

If you need any more questions answered please give us a shout and we'll try to point you in the right direction.

All the best for making your final choices and applications! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by jorme431
Hello

I applied to computer science g400 with direct entry to year two I was wondering if there was any scholarship available as i am planning get it DDD in my HND to get in.

Thanks jorme431

Hi there jorme431,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm just trying to find out some information on this for you and will try and get back to you ASAP! :cyber:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
hey QUB!
I have a couple of questions for you, I am a welsh student so I would like to know if the welsh baccalaureate qualification is included in your offer.
My second question is about your international business with German degree, how oversubscribed is it? how many applicants to places do you get?
many thanks,
Goondance :smile:
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Do you have a question, but don't know who to ask:question:

Fear not, we're here to help.

Whether you would like to bank a scholarship, get on course for your dream career, check-in with accommodation, or just want to find out what the craic is really like in Belfast, we're here for you.

Alternatively, if you would like to ask us a question privately, simply click here: http://bit.ly/TSRAskUsAnything

So, go on, take a leaf out of Adele's book and say hello. You might just start something amazing.

Team QUB :hi:

12112786_10153716434929515_1875188449_o.jpg

Are non-EU student allowed to apply for dental foundation training after complete courses at belfast in dentistry? I have heard that scottish dental institutions are not allowed.
Original post by Goondance
hey QUB!
I have a couple of questions for you, I am a welsh student so I would like to know if the welsh baccalaureate qualification is included in your offer.
My second question is about your international business with German degree, how oversubscribed is it? how many applicants to places do you get?
many thanks,
Goondance :smile:

Good morning Goondance! :wavey:

I've just checked with our Admissions team and the Welsh Baccalaureate is indeed considered for entry! :thumbsup:

Also the International Business with German degree generally has a small number of applicants each year and so is usually not oversubscribed. Are you thinking of applying for the course for 2017?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by John951008
Are non-EU student allowed to apply for dental foundation training after complete courses at belfast in dentistry? I have heard that scottish dental institutions are not allowed.

Hi there John951008,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I'm going to check with our School of Dentistry for an answer for you but can I just make sure I'm asking the right question. Do you mean can a Non-EU student apply for a Dental Foundation Training course in the UK after having completed the Dentistry course at Queen's?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Good morning Goondance! :wavey:

I've just checked with our Admissions team and the Welsh Baccalaureate is indeed considered for entry! :thumbsup:

Also the International Business with German degree generally has a small number of applicants each year and so is usually not oversubscribed. Are you thinking of applying for the course for 2017?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

yes!! in fact, my application will be sent off by next week! thank you for your help :smile:
Original post by Goondance
yes!! in fact, my application will be sent off by next week! thank you for your help :smile:

No problem at all! If you need anymore information before you send off your application just let me know.

All the very best with it - will keep my fingers crossed for you! :crossedf:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hello,

I'm looking at Universities to apply for this/next year, and I just wondering if you (QUB) accept Access to Higher Education students from England? Studying in Northern Ireland would be really interesting, and the University itself looks really cool. Thanks in advance.
Original post by Blueb3ard
Hello,

I'm looking at Universities to apply for this/next year, and I just wondering if you (QUB) accept Access to Higher Education students from England? Studying in Northern Ireland would be really interesting, and the University itself looks really cool. Thanks in advance.

Hi Blueb3ard! :hello:

Just spoke with our Admissions office and they said they do accept Access to Higher Education for some courses but degrees such as Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy do not. Let me know what courses you're considering and I'll be able to check for you!

Also give me a shout if there's anything I can help you with in regards to living in Belfast/Northern Ireland!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending