The Student Room Group

Sherlock

BBC Sherlock Discussion Thread

Sherlock is a TV series on BBC that is a modernisation of the Arthur Conan Doyle novels about a sociopathic detective and his partner John Watson as they solve mysteries, set in modern day.

Here is a thread to discuss the show as we wait for Season 4.

Icebreaker: What was your favorite episode of the show, and why?

Remember to use the spoiler block, not everyone has seen the series!
Season 3 episode 2
Because Drunk john and Sherlock

Apparently s4 is the final season from what i heard :frown:
Original post by retro_turtles
Season 3 episode 2

I didn't like Season 3 much tbh. The pub crawl was funny though.

He's cluing for looks.

I'm not sure that is confirmed yet.There's still hope!
Season 3 episode 2

I dont think it will be, but its hard to get everyone together. Producing good enough scripts takes them a long time then they have to wiat for Cumberbatch and Freeman.

Heres an extract

Cumberbatch was quick to add that he hopes Sherlock continues because he has “too much fun doing it”, but noted that the cast, as well as showrunners Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffatt, are “all being stretched in different directions.”

“This has run longer than most US series. You don’t want to compromise it by continually doing it, just because we could carry it on,” he said.

“There’s lots of stuff to weigh. It’s not just about what we want to do. It’s about what’s right. We’ll see. Really, we will have to see. No one has decided on it, so there’s no yes or no to an end or a beginning.”

Moffatt chimed in, emphasising that the team take it “one season at a time” but reassuring fans that he finds it “hard to imagine” not doing more series.
Original post by 999tigger
I dont think it will be, but its hard to get everyone together. Producing good enough scripts takes them a long time then they have to wiat for Cumberbatch and Freeman.

Heres an extract

Idk cumberbatch was implying it
Idk cumberbatch was implying it

Well that was the interview where it came from, imo he explored the possibility. It might and it might not be, oy depends on a lot of things. I hope not as Sherlock is what made him famous and for this imagining, then you cant replace him.
Original post by 999tigger
Well that was the interview where it came from, imo he explored the possibility. It might and it might not be, oy depends on a lot of things. I hope not as Sherlock is what made him famous and for this imagining, then you cant replace him.

Either way i want moriarty back
Reply 7
*spoilers!*

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
[video="youtube;TifQ3yo8myw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TifQ3yo8myw[/video]

Forgot to show the trailer here when it came out, but here it is now!

I'm so excited!
Hey guys!
I just realised now that you had created a new sherlock thread!
I also created one from ages ago and would love to have you all sherlock fans join the Sherlock Fan Group:smile:

PS one of my favourite scenes was when Moriarty broke into the case with the queen's crown and jewels!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cheerupgrrl5:)
Hey guys!
I just realised now that you had created a new sherlock thread!
I also created one from ages ago and would love to have you all sherlock fans join the Sherlock Fan Group:smile:

PS one of my favourite scenes was when Moriarty broke into the case with the queen's crown and jewels!

Ah, sorry, I didn't see it!!

That is a great scene, so funny with the music and all and his suave nonchalantness as he does it.
Original post by Athena64

BBC Sherlock Discussion Thread

Sherlock is a TV series on BBC that is a modernisation of the Arthur Conan Doyle novels about a sociopathic detective and his partner John Watson as they solve mysteries, set in modern day.

Here is a thread to discuss the show as we wait for Season 4.

Icebreaker: What was your favorite episode of the show, and why?

Remember to use the spoiler block, not everyone has seen the series!

Season 1 episode 3 got me so stresssed it was amazing, that's my fave. Also the fact Moriarty had already met him, it was JUST GENIUS.
Basically any episode with Moriarty, though since it's tradition he's only really in the 3rd episode in every season I don't know if he will feature in the first 2 episodes of the season. :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Here's a video of the first week of filming Series 4 of Sherlock, way back in April that was recently released on YouTube.
[video]https://youtu.be/XFYfyZGvvB4[/video]
[video]https://youtu.be/slYSlVmcmiI[/video]
[video]https://youtu.be/slYSlVmcmiI[/video]

Love it!!!!
Can't wait:2euk48l:
omg i love it when sherlock and watson argue about the smallest things :colondollar:
Original post by cheerupgrrl5:)
Love it!!!!
Can't wait:2euk48l:

I know! Only 7 days left!

I'm scared though... too much drama! I hope nothing bad happens to Sherlock and gang. :frown:
I know! Only 7 days left!

I'm scared though... too much drama! I hope nothing bad happens to Sherlock and gang. :frown:

IKR! But i have a feeling itll all be fine...

Have u looked at the non-spoiler review of Sherlock on radio times? I have a link of it on the other Sherlock thread....do u want me to put the link on here?

Quick Reply

Latest