The Student Room Group

Uni advice and help please

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Bluebutterfly310
Hi
(would of put this into a uni forum but didnt know which one)

I am like two years away from going to uni, and was just wondering if anyone could help me with a few things.

Like i wanna go into either a career in fiance like maybe something along the lines of a accounting technician or a career in education, and like have in career in something along the lines of educational psychologist, or further education teacher or a special education needs teacher.

Bare in mind i know the Exeter area but likely to move further a field.
So i was just wondering if i was to go down the fiance route what would be the best uni to go to, to get a ATT degree and that which are needed for accountancy ??

Also what would be the best uni to go to, to get degree in teacher (QTS) and a undergraduate degree in psychology??

It would also be helpful if anyone could give any advice or help on what career choice would be best suited and any experience anyone has had with any of the careers i have listed above.

Thank you in advance any answer or help given.

It's great that you have an idea on a few careers you'd like to get into when you're older. However, a lot of them seem different to me.

Have no idea on Finance or Accounting - I've never even heard of an "ATT" degree before.

But, rather than think about what "best uni" you'd like to go to, you need to decide or have a rough idea on which subjects you want to study at A-level. If you wish to study Finance or Accounting then either Maths, Business or Economics would definitely be beneficial for you. Even go for the an Accountancy A-level if a school or college near you offers it. Secondly, choose Psychology if you're interested in that. Then, if you like the A-level you could pursue a Psychology degree.

Once you complete first year of A-levels, you'll get a rough idea on how capable you are and those results should steer you in the direction of looking at unis that will be of your caliber.

To get a QTS, you need to do a post-grad in secondary or primary teaching. There are many other routes into teaching. Type into a search engine "get into teaching" to find out more info. If you want to become Education Psychologist, most likely you'll have to do a BSc in Psychology, then either a MA or a PhD in Educational Psychology or of some sort. post-grad research is Psychology is very and I mean, VERY competitive just to let you know.

I can't tell you what career is best for you - only time will tell for you. But make sure it's your own decision and no one else's.

Good luck sweetie.
Original post by Bluebutterfly310
Yea i agree they are different but i like to explore all routes i can think of before the time even comes.

Thank you so much for the advice and i will type that google and do some research on it.

I really appreciate it :smile:

And i thank you and i will try and do my own decision but difficult with the family i have though

These people are very good if you want some one on one advice https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
They'll be able to give you an idea of all your options (TSR tends towards university routes into careers which isn't always the best route) and these profiles are really useful - https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/advice/planning/jobfamily/Pages/default.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest