The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Why anyone has used any of their chips yet is beyond me. You'll want TC and BB for a double game week and even if there's no dgw I'd rather use them in the second half of the season when it's harder to make up ground. Right now there's a variety but come February everyone will have the same team

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wrt double GW's, are the Christmas fixtures each deemed individual Gw's or are they double ones? I think bench boost is definitely one you'll want to save for the double, but triple captain could be worth a punt, although you significantly enhance your chances playing it in the double. I'd want 45 points minimum from a triple captain to feel it was justified.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Wrt double GW's, are the Christmas fixtures each deemed individual Gw's or are they double ones? I think bench boost is definitely one you'll want to save for the double, but triple captain could be worth a punt, although you significantly enhance your chances playing it in the double. I'd want 45 points minimum from a triple captain to feel it was justified.

Xmas fixtures are single GWs. DGWs are when teams play more than once in a single GW, usually postponed due to cup matches.
Sterling withdraws England duty due to injury.

They're singles.

With the exception of Boxing Day i've always found Christmas performances to be underwhelming, you play 3 games in a week and it reaches the stage where both sides are knackered and are happy to take a draw. There were an awful lot of 0-0 and 1-0's last year.
EPL is back this weekend yayyyyyy!
Been on holiday for a few weeks, come back and I'm somehow second. What happened to everyone?
Original post by Sephiroth
Been on holiday for a few weeks, come back and I'm somehow second. What happened to everyone?

Last week was a very poor week for most people. Sanchez, Zlatan & Aguero with a combined 6 points for example.
I think this is my peak.. being 1st in most mini-leagues and 5th in the TSR league.

Should retire now!
Who's everyone giving the armband to this week? Aguero's been playing all over South America so I don't think he's as obvious a choice as normal.
Walcott and Sanchez look interesting shouts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thinking Costa as Leicester have been poor.
Not taking the armband off Aguero unless he's injured.
Ugh didn't get as many price rises as I was hoping. Lot of players went up by 0.1 so no real benefit to me while wildcarding.

Going through stats/form/fixtures at the moment so will post a proposed team for opinions..
Original post by sr90
x

Opinions on my team after wildcard?

Capture.jpg
Original post by Zerforax
Opinions on my team after wildcard?

I'd downgrade Capoue to a 4.5 midfielder (or 4.4 if there are any, I haven't been following their prices) and upgrade Lenihan. Rest is fine.

What do you think about Liverpool defence btw? I know you haven't kept a CS in god knows how long but your fixtures after you play us are just too good. I'm tempted to take a gamble on say, Lovren, rather than Stones who's turning out to be absolutely useless.
Original post by sr90
I'd downgrade Capoue to a 4.5 midfielder (or 4.4 if there are any, I haven't been following their prices) and upgrade Lenihan. Rest is fine.

What do you think about Liverpool defence btw? I know you haven't kept a CS in god knows how long but your fixtures after you play us are just too good. I'm tempted to take a gamble on say, Lovren, rather than Stones who's turning out to be absolutely useless.

My logic was that there have been 30 clean sheets in 140 possibly situations (70 games played so far) so the midfield/strikers will outscore the defenders and so I'd mostly play with 3 defenders and Amat is my switch out and so I don't need to spend money on my 5th defender?

Gives me a defender and midfield player spare if I chose a 3-4-3 team?

I'm just not convinced we'll keen any/many clean sheets? Defence hasn't been playing together that long. We play aggressive so always leave a chance open. I think we'll regularly score 2+ goals per game because of it but I'm not going to trust them.

Clyne or Lovren would be the only ones to consider. Matip sometimes rotating out and Milner classed as a midfield player.
Who's everyone giving the armband to this week? Aguero's been playing all over South America so I don't think he's as obvious a choice as normal.

Original post by Gob Bluth
Walcott and Sanchez look interesting shouts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Sephiroth
Thinking Costa as Leicester have been poor.

Original post by sr90
Not taking the armband off Aguero unless he's injured.

Everton have had a pretty mean defence so far this season too (guess that's what happens when you replace Stones with an actual defender.

Thought I had settled on Sanchez but with not many Swansea players going on internationals and the new manager bounce.. maybe Swansea will do better than expected against Arsenal?
Everton have had a pretty mean defence so far this season too (guess that's what happens when you replace Stones with an actual defender.

Thought I had settled on Sanchez but with not many Swansea players going on internationals and the new manager bounce.. maybe Swansea will do better than expected against Arsenal?

Swansea have a very good record against Arsenal too. It's definitely not going to be an easy game for them.

Looking at the fixtures I have a feeling this is going to be a poor week for most people.

Original post by sr90
Swansea have a very good record against Arsenal too. It's definitely not going to be an easy game for them.

Looking at the fixtures I have a feeling this is going to be a poor week for most people.

I've abandoned the idea of bringing Walcott in and definitely wont be Sanchez captain. I saw a very leggy Arsenal struggle against Burnley and although Burnley were stubborn, Arsenal were very poor, and i don't see Swansea as really inferior defensively to Burnley. Arsenal had played 6 games in 21 days and Burnley 3. Same story is happening here with Arsenal having played 6 games in the time Swansea played 4 and on top of that almost all Arsenal's outfield players have played an additional 90-180 mins internationally and traveled, whereas only 2 of Swansea's players did and they got fewer minutes. I expect Swansea to be bang up for this and full of energy and for Arsenal to be lethargic
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead
I've abandoned the idea of bringing Walcott in and definitely wont be Sanchez captain. I saw a very leggy Arsenal struggle against Burnley and although Burnley were stubborn, Arsenal were very poor, and i don't see Swansea as really inferior defensively to Burnley. Arsenal had played 6 games in 21 days and Burnley 3. Same story is happening here with Arsenal having played 6 games in the time Swansea played 4 and on top of that almost all Arsenal's outfield players have played an additional 90-180 mins internationally and traveled, whereas only 2 of Swansea's players did and they got fewer minutes. I expect Swansea to be bang up for this and full of energy and for Arsenal to be lethargic

Arsenal play in the CL midweek too so potentially we could see a few players rested or taken off early?

I'm glad I have built up a lead at the top because looking at my XI I can't see where the points will come from this week.

Latest