The Student Room Group

TSR Med Students' Society Part VI

Scroll to see replies

quick question: does anybody know during which months the bulk of anatomy teaching takes place at Sheffield? Looking to try and avoid it for a short term education job
Reply 761
Submitted FPAS :s-smilie:
Original post by Beska

Ohhh exciting! Hoping to stay where you are, or go elsewhere?
Reply 763
Original post by ForestCat
Ohhh exciting! Hoping to stay where you are, or go elsewhere?

Yeh staying here, which means effectively I know my location (competition was 0.8 last year wooo!)
Original post by Beska
Yeh staying here, which means effectively I know my location (competition was 0.8 last year wooo!)

Niiiicee... hopefully that means pick of jobs? Anything high on your list?

It is one of the areas I'm considering when its my turn next year. So you'll have to let me know what you think.
Original post by Beska

Same :/ super scary! Ive just got to finish off an AFP one, still no idea what to write for it though*
Original post by lcsurfer
Same :/ super scary! Ive just got to finish off an AFP one, still no idea what to write for it though*

Ohh, what kind of things are you hoping to do?

Sorry to hear about the getting dumped but whoop well done on London. First marathon?
Original post by Ezme39
Hey everyone, from your experience... am I allowed on placement with Glandular Fever? I feel well enough, just about, and I know it's only spread through very close contact/ respiratory droplets?

If you're not sure, I'd give yourself a break (follow your uni's policy for calling in sick etc). You may not be infectious but with glandular fever you don't want to push yourself too hard and end up with prolonged issues, fatigue etc.
Original post by Beska

Me too! I'm quite excited now :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maxxie
Me too! I'm quite excited now :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submitted. Can't say I'm excited though! Eeek

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 770
I've already submitted my FPAS but was wondering if there is absolutely no way to change it before the deadline? Thanks to anyone who can offer any advice
Reply 771
Original post by Veem
I've already submitted my FPAS but was wondering if there is absolutely no way to change it before the deadline? Thanks to anyone who can offer any advice

Nope, no chance to change it...
Reply 772
Original post by Beska
Nope, no chance to change it...

thanks anyway, better hope sjt goes ok!!*
3 weeks of endo done. Really interesting.

Started renal today, renal physiology :frown: i feel like i've been hit by a bus
Whats the best way of tackling OSPES and anatomy in general, just feel like they throw all this information at you in the labs at once. We use prosection here btw. I have bought the essential clinical anatomy textbook and it's not bad but still feel like I am not going to be able to remember all the structures and stuff come OSPE time...
Didn't mean to anon that, that is my post

Original post by Anonymous
Whats the best way of tackling OSPES and anatomy in general, just feel like they throw all this information at you in the labs at once. We use prosection here btw. I have bought the essential clinical anatomy textbook and it's not bad but still feel like I am not going to be able to remember all the structures and stuff come OSPE time...
Great Oriel wont let me finish my AFP
Reply 777
Original post by Moonkin
Great Oriel wont let me finish my AFP

SAME! The website won't even let me view or submit my unfinished and unsubmitted applications..... The website just crashes when I try to log in What should I do?

Anyone else getting this message?

"502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server."
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by um12
SAME! The website won't even let me view or submit my unfinished and unsubmitted applications..... The website just crashes when I try to log in What should I do?

Anyone else getting this message?

"502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server."

have you emailed anyone?
Reply 779
Original post by Moonkin
have you emailed anyone?

Like who? The whole oriel website is down. It gives a 502 server error which means an error at Oriel's end.

Any ideas?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending