The Student Room Group

Does this "Prove" Trump is Racist?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepysnooze
oh my god, he implied his daughter was attractive...say it ain't so. disgraceful parenting.

He's OK with this random guy calling his daughter a piece of a**, I would never let someone talk about a family member like that. He isn't just saying that she's beautiful (which most fathers say about their daughters anyway), he's commenting on her body with this guy. Not only is that disrespectful, it's plain gross.
so if you were an american who would you vote for

Clinton, as she is the lesser evil. That doesn't make me her fan, it just means that this election is void of good options.
Original post by WBZ144
[video]https://soundcloud.com/user-735086019/100a1[/video]

The way Trump talks about his own daughter.

I don't get the issue...
He says she's beautiful and smart? Did your dad never say nice things like that about you to people?

I get a lot of people are at odds with Trump's policies, but this kind of character assassination is truly scraping the bottom of the barrel
Original post by WBZ144
He's OK with this random guy calling his daughter a piece of a**, I would never let someone talk about a family member like that. He isn't just saying that she's beautiful (which most fathers say about their daughters anyway), he's commenting on her body with this guy. Not only is that disrespectful, it's plain gross.

oh my god.
how though
how is it disrespectful to talk about a woman's body?
I thought women spent a lot of time on their physical appearance? are you saying they're not welcoming what are plainly complimentary comments?
I mean, if a woman came to me and say "hey, you've got an amazing physique - look at that butt and those abs" do you think I'd tell her to stop being disrespectful and gross? or do you think I'd be...I don't know..."sane"?
Original post by WBZ144
Clinton, as she is the lesser evil. That doesn't make me her fan, it just means that this election is void of good options.

that's total horse raddish
she isn't the lesser of two evils. she *is* the evil.
she is the evil that everybody complains about: money in politics. neo-conservatism. incompetence and lies.
in american politics, nothing will change if you keep voting for evil - so no, you *are* a supporter of hillary. if you weren't, you wouldn't even think of voting for such a person. you'd support jill stein or gary johnson. yes, they won't win, but who cares? in the general election I voted for a candidate that had no hope - but so what? what's the point in voting when it *literally* changes *nothing*? voting in a two party system is nothing but a symbol - either you're with the establishment, or you're not.
oh my god.
how though
I thought women spent a lot of time on their physical appearance? are you saying they're not welcoming what are plainly complimentary comments?
I mean, if a woman came to me and say "hey, you've got an amazing physique - look at that butt and those abs" do you think I'd tell her to stop being disrespectful and gross? or do you think I'd be...I don't know..."sane"?

Why would a father have any interest in his daughter's body? And even if she wan't his daughter it would be disrespectful because he is talking on a public radio show as opposed to just chatting about a woman who he finds attractive among his friends. I'm not against people objectifying whoever they find attractive but airing those opinions for the world to hear is disrespectful and it's plain weird if you're OK with someone doing it to your family member when you're present. Not only that but you join in.
that's total horse raddish
she isn't the lesser of two evils. she *is* the evil.
she is the evil that everybody complains about: money in politics. neo-conservatism. incompetence and lies.
in american politics, nothing will change if you keep voting for evil - so no, you *are* a supporter of hillary. if you weren't, you wouldn't even think of voting for such a person. you'd support jill stein or gary johnson. yes, they won't win, but who cares? in the general election I voted for a candidate that had no hope - but so what? what's the point in voting when it *literally* changes *nothing*? voting in a two party system is nothing but a symbol - either you're with the establishment, or you're not.

So the solution would be to vote for someone who I view to be even worse?
oh my god.
how though

That's BS and you know it is. He wasn't just talking about a woman's body or whatever, he said that you can do anything to them if your a star. Do you honestly see no problem with that sentiment?
Original post by Zargabaath
I don't get the issue...
He says she's beautiful and smart? Did your dad never say nice things like that about you to people?

I get a lot of people are at odds with Trump's policies, but this kind of character assassination is truly scraping the bottom of the barrel

You don't get what's wrong with it, so you need to have it spelt out to you, I guess. See reply #21.

It's not simple "character assassination" because it's no longer OK for the ruler of the world's most powerful nation to view half of the population the way he does. This isn't the 1950s anymore.
Original post by WBZ144
So the solution would be to vote for someone who I view to be even worse?

who?
Original post by HopelessMedic
That's BS and you know it is. He wasn't just talking about a woman's body or whatever, he said that you can do anything to them if your a star. Do you honestly see no problem with that sentiment?

that's not "misogyny". that's "being a player". also, a lot of women not only love men with a lot of money, but love assertive, confident men too. it's not like the vast majority of the women that he'd pursue would honestly be against the idea of being approach by trump. if this is misogyny, then being a man and doing what women want is misogyny.
that's not "misogyny". that's "being a player". also, a lot of women not only love men with a lot of money, but love assertive, confident men too. it's not like the vast majority of the women that he'd pursue would honestly be against the idea of being approach by trump. if this is misogyny, then being a man and doing what women want is misogyny.

Being a player is very different to disregarding consent. What about " I just kiss, don't even wait". How can you not see the difference?
Being a player is very different to disregarding consent. What about " I just kiss, don't even wait". How can you not see the difference?

...if most women weren't okay with it, why would he have this idea that it's probably okay? and again: men are *expected* to be assertive, by women. even in this way. but it depends on the time and place, obviously.
Reply 33
This is the Donald Trump segment from 13th right? I've not finished the programme yet but it appears thus far to be one of the most bipartisan documentary pieces I've seen in the USA. While it has a hypothesis and seeks to prove it it also considers a wide range of viewpoints some of which are unsupportive of the hypothesis.

*There is a question of what else Trump can mean when he says 'the good old days' because up until the 70's the USA had an overt racism problem. Prominent Republican Newt Gingrich basically admits as much during the programme. 13th argues that this has continued until the present day in various thinly veiled attacks through the way in which law and order has been enforced in the USA and supports this argument with evidence. So unless Trump's good old days were pre-colonisation of America then he's harking back to a less tolerant time period. All of the comments used by 13th in the montages of his supporters abusing protestors and black people being assaulted throughout history, are comments he has made while protesters were being removed from his rallies. While the montage has clearly been put together to make an impact, the montage and its accompanying comments do fit together logically.

When you couple this with the rest of Trump's anti- everybody who's not a white male rhetoric I think it's fair to say that he is a whole collection of -ists, racist is one of them.
(edited 7 years ago)
who?

Trump.
...if most women weren't okay with it, why would he have this idea that it's probably okay? and again: men are *expected* to be assertive, by women. even in this way. but it depends on the time and place, obviously.

No offence but your bias is clearly blinding you. You are trying to defend the indefensible. Assertiveness and confidence does not mean you don't ask for consent or believe that as a star you don't need it.
Original post by Wattsy
This is the Donald Trump segment from 13th right? I've not finished the programme yet but it appears thus far to be one of the most bipartisan documentary pieces I've seen in the USA. While it has a hypothesis and seeks to prove it it also considers a wide range of viewpoints some of which are unsupportive of the hypothesis.

*There is a question of what else Trump can mean when he says 'the good old days' because up until the 70's the USA had an overt racism problem. Prominent Republican Newt Gingrich basically admits as much during the programme. 13th argues that this has continued until the present day in various thinly veiled attacks through the way in which law and order has been enforced in the USA and supports this argument with evidence. So unless Trump's good old days were pre-colonisation of America then he's harking back to a less tolerant time period. All of the comments used by 13th in the montages of his supporters abusing protestors and black people being assaulted throughout history, are comments he has made while protesters were being removed from his rallies. While the montage has clearly been put together to make an impact, the montage and its accompanying comments do fit together logically.

When you couple this with the rest of Trump's anti- everybody who's not a white male rhetoric I think it's fair to say that he is a whole collection of -ists, racist is one of them.

I wasn't aware that it was a segment of a documentary. One more addition to my watchlist :biggrin:
No offence but your bias is clearly blinding you. You are trying to defend the indefensible. Assertiveness and confidence does not mean you don't ask for consent or believe that as a star you don't need it.

dude. I'm not defending rape. I'm defending hard-confidence that women actually often like, so long as the man is appealing obviously. you probably wouldn't understand. and again, like I already told you - I'm not defending this without any caviats - I said it depends on the time and place
Original post by WBZ144
Trump.

but I mentioned jill stein and gary johnson in my post...?
dude. I'm not defending rape. I'm defending hard-confidence that women actually often like, so long as the man is appealing obviously. you probably wouldn't understand. and again, like I already told you - I'm not defending this without any caviats - I said it depends on the time and place

That's great but its not really relevant.Trump's comments weren't talking about confidence, he was disregarding consent and saying that he doesn't need it.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending