The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SA-1
Srs, where do you come up with this stuff from?

Swirly has the internet game on lock, just let it be
I sometimes just sit at my desk at work and think "why is everyone taking this so seriously."

I think I'm still a child at heart.
Reply 9463
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Swirly has the internet game on lock, just let it be

It's like @swirly just lives in a different reality most of the times

Either that or serious planning takes place every night before the next day that he goes on a posting spree
Reply 9465
When I was a kid, I remember I created a sponsor sheet and used the "Children in Need" logo on it. I went around fundraising for children, and people gave very generously - I guess it was what I said to them.

I made around £50 that night, and used it to go to the cinema followed by a trip to Nando's. Used the rest for arcade. Great night.

Mad ethics.

Spoiler

Reply 9466
Original post by SA-1
When I was a kid, I remember I created a sponsor sheet and used the "Children in Need" logo on it. I went around fundraising for children, and people gave very generously - I guess it was what I said to them.

I made around £50 that night, and used it to go to the cinema followed by a trip to Nando's. Used the rest for arcade. Great night.

Mad ethics.

Spoiler

Stop lying.

Spoiler

just cucked out and signed up to a greenpeace door salesman, fuk.
Original post by The Wavefunction
We're all bouncers bullied as kids or is it just the ones in Cardiff? They rag people about, most of whom are being compliment. It's practically assault.

I've seen my fair share of *****y bouncers but the ones in Cardiff have been pretty sound tbh. What place was that?
Original post by sr90
I've seen my fair share of *****y bouncers but the ones in Cardiff have been pretty sound tbh. What place was that?

Live lounge, although tbf whenever I've gone there previously I haven't seen any issues. Places like Przym, Glam and revs I'm always aware, if for if some reason things do take a sour turn that I need to keep very level headed. Part of me thinks that bouncers try to antagonise some people so they can retaliate.
Original post by SA-1
It's like @swirly just lives in a different reality most of the times

bruh :rofl:

Fam it's like Mona the Vampire slayer. You know how there was a whole world going on around her, but she just saw things different. Also, a girl in one of my AS classes called Mona used to have the fattest arse. Sometimes when I put on pre 2012 Aubrey I think of her :frown:
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
just cucked out and signed up to a greenpeace door salesman, fuk.

Good luck xxxx

Spoiler

Live lounge, although tbf whenever I've gone there previously I haven't seen any issues. Places like Przym, Glam and revs I'm always aware, if for if some reason things do take a sour turn that I need to keep very level headed. Part of me thinks that bouncers try to antagonise some people so they can retaliate.

Of course they do. When you take into account the wage they're paid and the hours they work it's only going to attract thugs who like to abuse their power. Given the **** they have to put up with sometimes it must be awfully hard not to retaliate, in their defence.

I love Live Lounge though, probably my favourite place in Cardiff. Always head there whenever i'm down.
(edited 7 years ago)

Live Lounge bouncers on weekdays are sound as anything. They just get a bit aggro when they let 50 too many people in (ie every Friday and Saturday) and then spend the whole night breaking up fights from people bumping into each other. But they're usually pretty chilled, particularly when they start to recognise you a little bit.

Funnily enough the expensive cocktail bar opposite (ish) Live Lounge is the only place I've seen bouncers really out of line in Cardiff. As in punching someone they've just thrown to the ground.
Original post by swirly
Good luck xxxx

Spoiler

@sr90 @Louis. 100% agree that Live lounge is GOAT. Ridiculously cheap, open until 4, and play good music. Can't ask for more!
Happy Treat Yo Self day

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest

KJI is destined for greatness. Actually, he already is great, because KJI has a thing called integrity. And nothing or no one is ever going to change that.
Reply 9478
I really don't understand the logic behind taking money away from the NHS, and having a transition to 7 day working? It feels like the government is trying to make the NHS so deprived of staff numbers that it performs really badly, so that they can justify getting rid of it.

It's very easy for NHS users to come out and chat **** about everything negative about the service, and to say all of it to people who can't think for themselves.

Why wouldn't we want the NHS to continue?
tfw it's 2am but money is being taken away from the NHS and there is a transition to 7 day working

Latest