The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen’s University Belfast Undergraduate Applicants 2017

Hello!

Have a question, but don’t know who to ask? We’re here to help.

Get all the answers you need from people who have been there, done that and got the T-shirt. From awkward applications and amazing scholarships, right the way through to what it’s really like in Belfast and beyond. We’ll let you know the craic. (noun: refers to scandal/gossip/goings on, as well as good times)

So whether you want to walk in the footsteps of literary legends, discover new planets that are out of this world, or even save lives, it’s time to start something amazing!

You can read what our student bloggers have to say or check us out on Twitter and discover why you’ll #LoveQUB

Seek Adventures That open Your Mind Twitter_.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi I've sent in my application for science, how long does it generally take to hear back?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by saharaharas
Hi I've sent in my application for science, how long does it generally take to hear back?

Hi there saharaharas :hello:

Once an application has been submitted the University then has up until 5th May 2017 to make a decision so you could hear back at any stage up until that point. Sorry I can't be more specific for you but hopefully you'll hear back soon!

Wishing you all the very best of luck! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Hello,

Is "BSC HONOURS COMPUTER SCIENCE WITH A YEAR IN INDUSTRY" G400 hard to get into.

Thanks Jorme431
Original post by jorme431
Hello,

Is "BSC HONOURS COMPUTER SCIENCE WITH A YEAR IN INDUSTRY" G400 hard to get into.

Thanks Jorme431

Hi Jorme431 :wavey:

I've just spoken with our Admissions team and they've said that offers for entry onto Computer Science courses differ for HND students as they are based on past exams and certificates gained (eg. GCSEs) as well as what units you are currently studying. If you contact them directly on 028 9097 3838 they will be able to advise you further.

Also I'm still looking into scholarships for you - they are school specific so am sourcing an answer for you and will be in touch again as soon as I have the correct info! Sorry for the hold up on this!

Hope that helps a bit in the meantime!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Reply 5
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi Jorme431 :wavey:

I've just spoken with our Admissions team and they've said that offers for entry onto Computer Science courses differ for HND students as they are based on past exams and certificates gained (eg. GCSEs) as well as what units you are currently studying. If you contact them directly on 028 9097 3838 they will be able to advise you further.

Also I'm still looking into scholarships for you - they are school specific so am sourcing an answer for you and will be in touch again as soon as I have the correct info! Sorry for the hold up on this!

Hope that helps a bit in the meantime!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Is there a email address to contact them on?
Is there a email address to contact them on?

You can contact the Admissions and Access team by emailing [email protected] and if you've any other questions just let me know and I'll try and point you in the right direction!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Reply 7
You can contact the Admissions and Access team by emailing [email protected] and if you've any other questions just let me know and I'll try and point you in the right direction!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Hello,

After sending the email to [email protected] it came back with qub server picking it up as spam.
Hello,

After sending the email to [email protected] it came back with qub server picking it up as spam.

What kind of account are you emailing from and I'll check with IT if it will go through ok for you!
Reply 9
What kind of account are you emailing from and I'll check with IT if it will go through ok for you!

I used my college email which is @serc.ac.uk
Hi!
was wondering if Queen's made their offers based on as level results or predicted grades?
Original post by NikkiP998
Hi!
was wondering if Queen's made their offers based on as level results or predicted grades?

Hi there NikkiP998 :h:

The way in which offers are made differs for each of our courses. The best way to find out what you need for the particular degree you are interested in is to go to our website www.qub.ac.uk and enter the subject on Explore Our Courses. When you've selected your course you'll see an option for Entry Requirements at the bottom and within that there is a How We Choose Our Students pdf which goes into all the specific details for that particular degree.

Hope that helps a bit but if you need any other information just give me a shout!

Kachela
(Team Queens)
Reply 12
Hello
I'm an international student who wants to apply for the dental program in Queens. I was reading on the application information that It can take up June of 2017 to receive an offer letter from the University. I would like to apply for the vice-chancellor's international attainment scholarship but it says that I would have to include the 8-digit application number on the offer letter. Would it hurt my chances if I apply so late for that scholarship or is there any way around that?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi I applied for science, do you usually send out acknowledge emails?
Original post by roxxy110
Hello
I'm an international student who wants to apply for the dental program in Queens. I was reading on the application information that It can take up June of 2017 to receive an offer letter from the University. I would like to apply for the vice-chancellor's international attainment scholarship but it says that I would have to include the 8-digit application number on the offer letter. Would it hurt my chances if I apply so late for that scholarship or is there any way around that?

Hello roxxy110,

Unfortunately because Dentistry is a non-standard fee course there are actually no scholarships available to students who wish to study this degree at Queen's.

However, if you check on the British Council website for your country there may be funding options available to students wishing to study in the UK.

We hope that helps and if you have any other questions please let us know!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by saharaharas
Hi I applied for science, do you usually send out acknowledge emails?

Hi saharaharas,

An acknowledgement email is usually sent out but the system is currently being updated. Hopefully you'll hear back soon.

Best of luck with the application! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi! Just a few questions if you wouldn't mind.

1) I'm a bit concerned that as a Welsh student I might not really blend in / not be tolerated. Is this a common concern? I mean, my accent will give it away anyway, just would rather be liked haha.

2) I applied for History & Philosophy. I'd like to go into academic research, is there any support for undergrads looking to do that? In science there are research placements within holidays, is it possible to do something similar?

3) Are there any halls of residence that have more nature than others?
Hi Kachela,

I applied for the 5 year Medicine degree. (I am an International student) I really liked the university of Belfast so i really wanted to apply. However, i do not think i reached the cut off point. I just wanted to know are all applications which do not reach the medicine cut off point rejected immediately? Or are their personal statements read before they are rejected?
What is the cut off point for international students this year?

Also are IGCSE grades and GCSE grades given the same weighting?

Thank you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Thalib_Ehsan
Hi Kachela,

I applied for the 5 year Medicine degree. (I am an International student) I really liked the university of Belfast so i really wanted to apply. However, i do not think i reach the cut off point. I just wanted to know are all applications which do not reach the medicine cut off point rejected immediately? Or are their personal statements read before they are rejected?
What is the cut off point for international students this year?

Also are IGCSE grades and GCSE grades given the same weighting?

Thank you.

Hi there Thalib_Ehsan :hello:

Can I just clarify, is it the cut off point in terms of academic grades and requirements you are enquiring about rather than the cut off date for applications? Just want to make sure I'm checking the right question for you with our admissions team!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi there Thalib_Ehsan :hello:

Can I just clarify, is it the cut off point in terms of academic grades and requirements you are enquiring about rather than the cut off date for applications? Just want to make sure I'm checking the right question for you with our admissions team!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Im sorry I meant the cut off points as in entry requirements.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending