The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

is bnp even open? I scroll to click the global markets spring week and then when i click apply at the bottom of the page i get redirected to the application homepage....

ANNOYING AF considering their bnppgraduate email address that they link is a freaking no longer existing link
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tazza ma razza
is bnp even open? I scroll to click the global markets spring week and then when i click apply at the bottom of the page i get redirected to the application homepage....

ANNOYING AF considering their bnppgraduate email address that they link is a freaking no longer existing link

https://bnpparibas.tal.net/vx/mobile-0/brand-0/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/1/opp/695-Global-Markets-Spring-Insight-Week-2017/en-GB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Asked a HSBC recruiter on campus why they don't do numerical tests...

"Because maths test show they don't have the best people skills"

Also, HSBC is not just situation judgment, you also do an inductive reasoning test. Only if you pass the bench marks will they then look at your 4x 250 word questions...
Does anyone know it's possible to withdraw a Citi application please? Submitted by mistake, thanks!
Original post by economicss
Does anyone know it's possible to withdraw a Citi application please? Submitted by mistake, thanks!

doubt you can re submit for this year
Original post by gr8wizard10
doubt you can re submit for this year

Surely you should be working right now? As an analyst, how are you on tsr so often?
Original post by squish562
Surely you should be working right now? As an analyst, how are you on tsr so often?

There's often a lot of downtime in banking, especially in the first half of the day.
Original post by athrowaway
There's often a lot of downtime in banking, especially in the first half of the day.

They're allowed to go on tsr during that time and just browse the web?

i'm in my 3rd year of uni, i start august 2017

that being said i was sometimes browsing tsr/m&i etc.. during my internship during downtime. people watch movies or youtube vids
(edited 7 years ago)

Yes....? What else are they supposed to do lol

General rule of thumb: Face time = web browsing time
Original post by gr8wizard10
i'm in my 3rd year of uni, i start august 2017

that being said i was sometimes browsing tsr/m&i etc.. during my internship during downtime. people watch movies or youtube vids

Oh yeah I forgot, my bad
Do the associates, MDs know that you guys watch YouTube vids and browsing the net and are they fine with it?
Oh yeah I forgot, my bad
Do the associates, MDs know that you guys watch YouTube vids and browsing the net and are they fine with it?

well what else can we do if we're waiting for them to give comments on the work. makes absolutely no difference to them, aslong as we do the work we're told in time and of good quality.

Well, yh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yeah I forgot, my bad

Associates are just analysts with slightly more accountability. I guess it depends on the team's culture but they won't care if you're not screwing them over somehow.

If a senior banker walks by then you might wanna at least pretend that you're working...
Original post by economicss
Does anyone know please what test provider UBS uses for its numerical? Thanks :smile:

SHL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Updates: MS, UBS, ICAP, DB, and possibly Rothschild, JPM (tho I thought they should be non-rolling) apparently have started to review applications.....fingers crossed🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1196
Original post by Loolipoop
Updates: MS, UBS, ICAP, DB, and possibly Rothschild, JPM (tho I thought they should be non-rolling) apparently have started to review applications.....fingers crossed🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you heard back?!!
Original post by Princepieman
First one would be under activities, second one yeah, third no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how would you discuss responsibilities if you networked and gave presentations?
Original post by bobb99998
how would you discuss responsibilities if you networked and gave presentations?

You don't need to, simply listing all of them would be sufficient. If, however, you only have 1/2 and very few other 'real' experience then expanding on what the day itself involved would be a good idea
Reply 1199
Crossing my fingers that end October will not be too late. Exams next week and just finished Networking...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending