The Student Room Group

Bpp university - Bachelor in dental and oral sciences

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Kazxx1987
Hi I wanted to apply for 2017,m entry but then read that you have to pay some of the fees as is a private university as well as examination and retake fees. Does anybody know more about this?. On UCAS there is an option to apply but defer it until 2018. I wonder if they even consider anybody doing this?. I need a year to save up. Has anybody applied for queen marys or Essex

Hi, the tuition fees are £9000 but student finance will only pay £6000 so it's up to the student to find the other £3000 per year. I'm not too sure about the exam and re-take fees. I tried to apply for 2016 and the tutor said the course was full to capacity and I'm aware of some students that have been asked to defer to 2017 so I do think they take the defer places into consideration. I hope this helps 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the info. Did u apply again for 2017?, what did u apply with, I'm by sure I'll have enough qualifications to apply 😞
How many applicants do they except each year does anyone know ?
Reply 23
Thanks for the info. Did u apply again for 2017?, what did u apply with, I'm by sure I'll have enough qualifications to apply 😞

Yes I've applied again, I have 13 years dental nursing experience, NVQ 3 in dental nursing, dental radiography and access to HE science

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by amyabraham24
How many applicants do they except each year does anyone know ?

I'm not sure on how many places they have

Posted from TSR Mobile
thats good, good luck on your application!!, I've got 10 years nursing, nvq3, doing my GCSE biology and AS biology but trying to teach myself so unsure if will pass. I wanted to do HE in science as well instead but couldn't find any near me for an evening class!
Reply 26
thats good, good luck on your application!!, I've got 10 years nursing, nvq3, doing my GCSE biology and AS biology but trying to teach myself so unsure if will pass. I wanted to do HE in science as well instead but couldn't find any near me for an evening class!

I'm sure you'll do fine. Good luck 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by lovernotahater
On the same boat. Lak1, did u say u wasn't happy?

Hey can you pm me on your situation and what the uni has done to help as im in the same boat as i was deffered of the course days before it was going to start.
(edited 7 years ago)
I phone BPP the other day to ask some questions, they said that they have a 'back log' of students, so they have offered a place to more students than they can take on which is why they are now deferring some students for the following year. They said they have 20 places each intake. I really don't think this is fair as surely they will now always have a 'back log'! He said I can apply, but as there is a back log, I might not be offered a place for next year, but rather 2018.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 29
When I spoke to the tutor he said pretty much the same to me, that they had as many students as they could cope with but would be happy to see my application for 2017. If I don't get a place for 2017 then I think I am going to leave dentistry and go down another career path.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, just wondering has anyone heard back from BPP? I have only just applied through UCAS and reading through the comments most of you applied in October 2016.
Reply 31
Original post by Emnathans
Hi, just wondering has anyone heard back from BPP? I have only just applied through UCAS and reading through the comments most of you applied in October 2016.

Hi, I called them last week and they said applications will be looked at over these next few weeks then interviews sent out. I hope that helps 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soph282
Hi, I called them last week and they said applications will be looked at over these next few weeks then interviews sent out. I hope that helps 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great thankyou!!
Reply 33
Hi, has anyone heard back from BPP yet? 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Hi, to the people that were deferred last year have you accepted your place for this years intake? 🙂
Reply 35
Hi, can I ask what happened to all of the first year students when they closed the course?

Quick Reply