The Student Room Group

Unit Titles don't fit in the SAQ qualifications section!

Hi everyone, some of the unit titles for the modules I've done don't fit int the text box they give you, especially for Physics and Chemistry.
e.g. "Analytical, Transition Metals, Electrochemistry and Further Organic Chemistry" is way too long, it only gives you about 30 characters.

What do you recommend I do?
Original post by clfm10
Hi everyone, some of the unit titles for the modules I've done don't fit int the text box they give you, especially for Physics and Chemistry.
e.g. "Analytical, Transition Metals, Electrochemistry and Further Organic Chemistry" is way too long, it only gives you about 30 characters.

What do you recommend I do?

In the example images, they have put etc. It will be clear what you're studying from the unit codes.
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/sites/www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/saq.pdf

(Edited link to most recent guide)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
In the example images, they have put etc. It will be clear what you're studying from the unit codes.
https://www.cusu.cam.ac.uk/access/saq.pdf

Yeah I saw this but for some of my modules it didn't really make much sense like: "Analytical, Transition etc." but if you think that's fine okay.

Another thing I tried to do was sort of shorten the names a bit like "Basic Concepts in Physical and Inorganic Chemistry" I changed to just "Physical and Inorganic Chemistry." Would this be better or would you actually advice against this in case they need to check the module titles?

Thanks!
Shorten or abbreviate where possible, use etc for the rest. It doesn't matter much but I would try to get the best idea of the content in the field.
Shorten or abbreviate where possible, use etc for the rest. It doesn't matter much but I would try to get the best idea of the content in the field.

Thanks, I'll try and do my best! Also, see where you enter the topics that you have covered so far, is it okay to omit some of the topics? because there is not enough space for all the topics I have done for each subject each year.
Reply 5
Original post by clfm10
Thanks, I'll try and do my best! Also, see where you enter the topics that you have covered so far, is it okay to omit some of the topics? because there is not enough space for all the topics I have done for each subject each year.

The tutors are familiar with the A-level subject syllabuses, especially for the most popular subjects for their courses. Just summarise as best you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by jneill
The tutors are familiar with the A-level subject syllabuses, especially for the most popular subjects for their courses. Just summarise as best you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks very much for all the help! One last thing, in the qualifications section they specifically tell you to put Maths and Further Maths together. Do you do the same for the education section where you enter the topics of each subject? Or should you have separate entries for maths and further maths in this section? and if you do do them seperately, would both be at A-level grade (as opposed to AS) since I've already done all maths AS and A" modules?

Thanks very much again!
Reply 7
Original post by clfm10
Thanks very much for all the help! One last thing, in the qualifications section they specifically tell you to put Maths and Further Maths together. Do you do the same for the education section where you enter the topics of each subject? Or should you have separate entries for maths and further maths in this section? and if you do do them seperately, would both be at A-level grade (as opposed to AS) since I've already done all maths AS and A" modules?

Thanks very much again!

They are separate subjects and you received AS and then A-level qualifications for them. So you list them accordingly.

It's all in the guide... (Linking the current version)
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/sites/www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/saq.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
They are separate subjects and you received AS and then A-level qualifications for them. So you list them accordingly.

It's all in the guide... (Linking the current version)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, ok thanks it's just that I've done all 6 maths modules but only cashed in the AS ones. But I suppose I split them up into AS and A2 anyway? And as for further maths, I haven't done any further maths in AS (we are doing just further maths, all of it, this year) so wasn't sure if I had to split that up into AS and A2 too if I haven't sat exams in either yet.Thank you!
Reply 9
Original post by clfm10
Yes, ok thanks it's just that I've done all 6 maths modules but only cashed in the AS ones. But I suppose I split them up into AS and A2 anyway? And as for further maths, I haven't done any further maths in AS (we are doing just further maths, all of it, this year) so wasn't sure if I had to split that up into AS and A2 too if I haven't sat exams in either yet.Thank you!

It's still 4 lines. I think for FM you would say you have 2 qualifications in Y13, one at AS-level and one at A-level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending