The Student Room Group

Engineering typical offer

Hello, I am (hopefully) going to apply to the University of Cambridge next year and I wanted to know the typical offer for Engineering (MEng). My current A-Levels are Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and the EPQ. I will be continuing with 4 A-Levels.

I checked the entry requirements on their website, however, it did not say which subjects the A*s are required in. I'm guessing the Colleges would offer A*A*A or A*A*AA with the A*s being in Maths and Further Maths?

Thank you
Reply 1
Varies by colleges, check on college websitez
Reply 2
Original post by arniebob
Hello, I am (hopefully) going to apply to the University of Cambridge next year and I wanted to know the typical offer for Engineering (MEng). My current A-Levels are Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and the EPQ. I will be continuing with 4 A-Levels.

I checked the entry requirements on their website, however, it did not say which subjects the A*s are required in. I'm guessing the Colleges would offer A*A*A or A*A*AA with the A*s being in Maths and Further Maths?

Thank you

Typical offer is A*A*A. They may specify the subjects for the A*s. It varies by college and by applicant.

Some colleges, notably Christ's and often Peterhouse, will also inckude a 1 in STEP I requirement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by jneill
Typical offer is A*A*A. They may specify the subjects for the A*s. It varies by college and by applicant.

Some colleges, notably Christ's and often Peterhouse, will also inckude a 1 in STEP I requirement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When would they include STEP II and STEP III?
Reply 4
When would they include STEP II and STEP III?

They don't. STEP II and III offers are only for Maths applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by jneill
They don't. STEP II and III offers are only for Maths applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your help!
Reply 6
Thank you for your help!

No problem.

BTW, an advantage of picking a college asking for STEP is it makes obtaining an offer more likely. The disadvantage is it makes achieving it harder... :wink:

It won't affect your overall chance of getting a place at Cambridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jneill already posted the answer, but just to add that I got an offer of A*A*A, without any order, but I needed to get the grades in physics, maths and further maths. Did not require any STEP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending