The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science/Practice

I'm wanting to apply for paramedic science but the only experience I have is in a care home. Is this enough?
Original post by LeonTrep
I'm wanting to apply for paramedic science but the only experience I have is in a care home. Is this enough?

There is nothing to stop you applying now, although it really is difficult to say whether this will be enough. More and more applicants have a vast range of experiences and the fact that they have organised and attended these shows that they are really passionate about the course.

Saying that, I'm sure people do get offered places with less experience. It really depends what you have gained from that and whether you have developed enough relevant skills there. Long-term care is very different to the work paramedics do so it would be useful for you to have done some sort of first aid or St John's ambulance, for example, to have experience of immediate care. You have until Jan 15th so it is not too late to do something else if you get organised sooner rather than later if you wanted to.*

Quick Reply

Latest