The Student Room Group

How do I retake my GCSEs?

Right. I'm in my second year of college doing a plumbing course and I've realised I don't want to continue with this. I want to find a career in occupational therapy but with my current situation (1 GCSE lol) it is pretty hard.
Basically, I'm wondering how I redo my GCSEs to get atleast 5 grades A*-C, so I could then progress to A-Levels. Do I have to be doing a full time study programme or can I not just stop all of that nonsense and somehow just focus on getting GCSEs which is what I want?

Thanks in advance.
I would talk to your college as they may offer GCSE courses that you could do alongside your plumbing course. If they don't, maybe contact other local colleges or if you're over 18 an adult learning centre.
In my opinion, after over a year of work on your current course it would be quite a waste to quit now.
Good luck with whatever you decide!
Original post by Tropiano
Right. I'm in my second year of college doing a plumbing course and I've realised I don't want to continue with this. I want to find a career in occupational therapy but with my current situation (1 GCSE lol) it is pretty hard.
Basically, I'm wondering how I redo my GCSEs to get atleast 5 grades A*-C, so I could then progress to A-Levels. Do I have to be doing a full time study programme or can I not just stop all of that nonsense and somehow just focus on getting GCSEs which is what I want?

Thanks in advance.

You could register to take your exams with an exam centre.

Quick Reply

Latest