The Student Room Group

Expected Degree Classification Request

So I'm in my second year and I'm applying for internships next summer (the good ones always close early), and they're asking for my expected degree classification. Like explicitly asking for it in a drop down box I can't leave empty and then asking if I am "realistically expecting to gain a minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree or equivalent".
So I emailed my tutor asking where I could find or ask for it and she pretty much replied saying that 'we can't give expected degree results' and that I could find an unofficial transcript somewhere in the warren of the universities online system - which didn't work, the button is broken :smile:
This is weird right? I though all universities just gave these, given that I averaged 70%+ last year I should just say first shouldn't I? Help!
You should always go for the degree class one below where you are currently, just in case you perform worse than expected this year. So for you, a 2:1.
Original post by asutton1
So I'm in my second year and I'm applying for internships next summer (the good ones always close early), and they're asking for my expected degree classification. Like explicitly asking for it in a drop down box I can't leave empty and then asking if I am "realistically expecting to gain a minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree or equivalent".
So I emailed my tutor asking where I could find or ask for it and she pretty much replied saying that 'we can't give expected degree results' and that I could find an unofficial transcript somewhere in the warren of the universities online system - which didn't work, the button is broken :smile:
This is weird right? I though all universities just gave these, given that I averaged 70%+ last year I should just say first shouldn't I? Help!

I wqould just e-mail or phone their hr for guidance and say they dont give expected classifications, but give feedback on what your average grade is so far. So you cna say 2:1 easily or 2:1/ 1st. As long as youve explained or done it in accordance with their guidance then that will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest