The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hopefuldoctor
Wait, so that means if I submit my actual stuff by 6pm tomorrow but my tutor hasn't attached the reference I'm essentially f*****?

Original post by NHSFan
My understanding was/is that the ref has to be attached. My apologies if I am mistaken. However, it would still need to have been done by midnight on the 15th.

You're reference has to be completed before you can pay and submit your application. Once your referee completes the reference section, you'll get an email and that section will have a tick next to it. So, I suggest you contact your referee to see what's going on. You have entered their details and clicked on send the reference on UCAS right?

The deadline is 6pm not midnight.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GavinJR
By 6pm on the 15th, not midnight.

Ooops! Sorry! Had midnight in my head, as that is the deadline for applications on NHS jobs!
(edited 7 years ago)
Question: BMAT:

if you have limited time and your studying physics section, what section would you concentrate on? i.e. most important in physics BMAT.

cheers*
Original post by Ama2007
Question: BMAT:

if you have limited time and your studying physics section, what section would you concentrate on? i.e. most important in physics BMAT.

cheers*

You have plenty of time!!! It's GCSE physics just get a cgp revision guide or something and go through it :smile:
Original post by Lostperson
You have plenty of time!!! It's GCSE physics just get a cgp revision guide or something and go through it :smile:

lol really? I am actually panicking!

whats cgp

I did do any physics iat school at all thats why I struggled at GAMSAT last year. Do you suggest to first read notes then try past papers?
Original post by Ama2007

whats cgp

I did do any physics iat school at all thats why I struggled at GAMSAT last year. Do you suggest to first read notes then try past papers?

no..do not panic. I am yet to to touch section 2 ...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Physics-Revision-Guide-online-course/dp/1841466417/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476446940&sr=8-1&keywords=cgp+physics+gcse

one of these. they make everything easy to understand.
Original post by Ama2007

whats cgp

I don't know/can't remember how helpful BBC GCSE bitesize is but maybe use that as well?

Good luck.
Original post by Ama2007

whats cgp

where else u applying and whats the ukcat score?
Do we email our details to UCAS for the GAMSAT or is there some place to put it on the application? EDIT Ignore. I figured it out lol

And has anyone put UKCAT and GAMSAT in their qualifications section?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi :smile: just wondering whether anyone had any advice. I have graduated with a 2.1 in biomedical science and have taken both the GAMSAT and UKCAT. I am going to apply to Swansea, St Georges and Liverpool and chance the GAMSAT result as my UCKAT was quite low, 657.

For my fourth choice from reading this thread I was thinking of applying for one 5 year course and was wondering what uni's i would have a chance at with a UKCAT of 657?

thank you :smile:
Reply 2030
My application is now in the hands of the gods. Does anyone have any idea how quickly the UCAS PID comes through on the welcome email, as i wish hoping to my UKCAT stuff all finished today as well, but i assume it won't come through until next week?
Original post by Lostperson
where else u applying and whats the ukcat score?

cambridge
BSMS
LEEDS
IMEPERIAL

so basically 3 BMAT unis

I didn't do UKCAT this year, had enough of it lol*
Original post by Ama2007
cambridge
BSMS
LEEDS
IMEPERIAL

so basically 3 BMAT unis

I didn't do UKCAT this year, had enough of it lol*

yeh it takes the piss tbh i got lucky with my questions and got 700. not enough for GEM. but will give it a shot.
Original post by GavinJR
My application is now in the hands of the gods. Does anyone have any idea how quickly the UCAS PID comes through on the welcome email, as i wish hoping to my UKCAT stuff all finished today as well, but i assume it won't come through until next week?

Mine came through in like 20 minutes.
Original post by mamly042
Mine came through in like 20 minutes.

I thought you got it while filling in the application.
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
I thought you got it while filling in the application.

You get one in the track welcome email. If you have ever applied through UCAS before (which i guess we all did) it is apparently the one from your first application cycle. If this is your first time applying it should be the same. At least i think thats how it works. And its the track PID that UKCAT want.
You get one in the track welcome email. If you have ever applied through UCAS before (which i guess we all did) it is apparently the one from your first application cycle. If this is your first time applying it should be the same. At least i think thats how it works. And its the track PID that UKCAT want.

Okay looks like I put the wrong one down. I'm still reading through my PS so it's not been sent. I guess I'll have to leave it as it is for now and change it once my application's been submitted.

I've completely forgotten how applying and UCAS works.
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
Okay looks like I put the wrong one down. I'm still reading through my PS so it's not been sent. I guess I'll have to leave it as it is for now and change it once my application's been submitted.

I've completely forgotten how applying and UCAS works.

The deadline for the UKCAT choices is the 21st so you have plenty of time to change it. :smile:
Does anyone know if your 4th AS is required on UCAS?
The deadline for the UKCAT choices is the 21st so you have plenty of time to change it. :smile:

Ahh. Thanks! I thought it was 17th. I think not sleeping last night has screwed my brain.

I'm finding it so frustrating that there's such a strict limit on the PS. There's so much I can write and yet, I can't. So I feel like I'm missing something.

I've been feeling so depressed tho these past few weeks. Girls I knew at school are now married and with kids and with jobs and stuff and I'm dying to be a poor student again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending