The Student Room Group

Noel Fielding isn't funny. Just throwing it out there.

Scroll to see replies

I like him he's strange and peculiar
Reply 21
Original post by retro_turtles
I like him he's strange and peculiar

I'm sure he would be delighted to hear you think that. I just think he is utterly predictable and his "Perculiar" act is an unfunny, affected lie. I require more than a silly hat and outdated, Indie cool from 15 years ago to make me laugh.

But as long as he makes you laugh who am I to disagree :smile:
Original post by Damien96
I'm sure he would be delighted to hear you think that. I just think he is utterly predictable and his "Perculiar" act is an unfunny, affected lie. I require more than a silly hat and outdated, Indie cool from 15 years ago to make me laugh.

But as long as he makes you laugh who am I to disagree :smile:

awh well thats nice of you to say even though you are not a fan, although i do have to say i would never watch him on standup i like him more on panel shows like NMTB.
Reply 23
awh well thats nice of you to say even though you are not a fan, although i do have to say i would never watch him on standup i like him more on panel shows like NMTB.

That seems to be the consensus of those that like him.

It doe snmake more sense that he appears on that show. I never liked the mixture of comedy and Rock n' Roll though, Bill Hicks aside. Even with him it came across as over indulgent on occassion. "Cool" as a concept rests uneasily with comedy I think, particularly when it appears as if so much effort is put into it.
I think he did a pretty great job in the IT crowd...Lol:biggrin:
That seems to be the consensus of those that like him.

It doe snmake more sense that he appears on that show. I never liked the mixture of comedy and Rock n' Roll though, Bill Hicks aside. Even with him it came across as over indulgent on occassion. "Cool" as a concept rests uneasily with comedy I think, particularly when it appears as if so much effort is put into it.

Yeah i see what you mean there, but i guess it sells? Although now that show is finished now (i liked it alot with Amstell).
There is really not that may good comedians around anymore tbh, the only comedians I really like are Billy Connolly, Peter Kay, sean locke and Lee evans (even though he has retired).

For me the most overrated comedians at the moment are: Jack Whitehall, Jason Manford and Jimmy Carr.
Reply 27
Yeah i see what you mean there, but i guess it sells? Although now that show is finished now (i liked it alot with Amstell).

Talking of Amstell I think they really hated each other?
Talking of Amstell I think they really hated each other?

Fielding and Amstell? I know Jupitus hated Amstell for what use to do but i never heard about anything with them two.
Reply 29
Original post by SCIENCE :D
There is really not that may good comedians around anymore tbh, the only comedians I really like are Billy Connolly, Peter Kay, sean locke and Lee evans (even though he has retired).

For me the most overrated comedians at the moment are: Jack Whitehall, Jason Manford and Jimmy Carr.

Billy Connolly was great. Haven't seen much of him in years, but on the odd occassion I have it sounds a damn sight more honest and edgy than Frankie Boyle callign everyone a ****.

Sean Locke is really good. Lee Evans I liked years ago but he got stale in my opinion.

Jimmy Carr is very annoying but he does have good material (probably a good writer). For a one liner comedian he's good at what he does, he's just nauseating to watch.

Jason Manford is One Show fodder, too bland for me to muster an opinion on.
Billy Connolly was great. Haven't seen much of him in years, but on the odd occassion I have it sounds a damn sight more honest and edgy than Frankie Boyle callign everyone a ****.

Sean Locke is really good. Lee Evans I liked years ago but he got stale in my opinion.

Jimmy Carr is very annoying but he does have good material (probably a good writer). For a one liner comedian he's good at what he does, he's just nauseating to watch.

Jason Manford is One Show fodder, too bland for me to muster an opinion on.

Yeah I'm from Manchester as well where everyone seems to love Jason Manford, but I really don't get it at all, I could walk into my local pub and listen to guys who are twice as funny as he is.
Reply 31
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Yeah I'm from Manchester as well where everyone seems to love Jason Manford, but I really don't get it at all, I could walk into my local pub and listen to guys who are twice as funny as he is.

I know exactly what you mean, I've met so many funny people in my life. How someone like him has a TV career is beyond me. I think lots of nans like him.
Reply 32
see i never saw the appeal with him myself really
Reply 33
Original post by Allie4
see i never saw the appeal with him myself really

Me neither. He seemed to appeal to teenage girls, which was the effect of self-marketting rather than comedy. I am sure many would disagree though.
I love The Mighty Boosh but I find him really cringey on panel shows, like he tries so hard to be quirky and "out there" that it just looks a bit sad. I got tired of him quickly on NMTB but then that show will never be as good as when Mark Lamarr presented it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SalazarSlytherin
Thanks for your opinion that nobody asked for

Probs best you stay off a forum if you don't wanna hear opinions that no-one asked for.
Reply 36
I found The Mighty Boosh amusing. Noel Fielding on his own, eh, he's alright, don't dislike him or anything, just don't exactly find him hilarious.
Reply 37
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I found The Mighty Boosh amusing. Noel Fielding on his own, eh, he's alright, don't dislike him or anything, just don't exactly find him hilarious.

I guess it isn't a crime to be unfunny. Some people just have an air of smugness about them though and when combined with fame and a transparent lack of talent i find it intoierable.

I am seeking counselling though.

Quick Reply

Latest