The Student Room Group

University applicants 2017 thread!

Scroll to see replies

Course: Maths
Universities: Oxford, Durham, Warwick, Bath and Lancaster
GCSE grades:A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A^A
AS grades (predicted/achieved): AAA (298ums in maths, 286 in f.maths and an A in general) also got 2 As in internal exams in bio and chem.
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): A*A*A*A (maths, further maths, Chemistry and biology respectively)
Extra curricular: been to a couple of summer schools, Read a LOT of maths books, just hope not having done physics doesn't let me down 😭
Just wish everyone good luck with their applications I sent mine off yesterday 😬
My friend applied for maths on Tuesday 11th and got an offer from surrey the next day.
Original post by LapizLazuliStar
Anybody know how quick Cambridge, Bristol, UCL, Warwick and Nottingham are for law offers? Any insight would be much appreciated x

Depends on how fast they process LNAT scores.
Original post by Steliata
It's always £24 if you apply for two or more courses, regardless of what they are. It's a bit less for just one course but I'm not sure how much.

£11 for one
did you end up applying for oxford?

Original post by alldaydreaming
Name: Alldaydreaming
Course: Biochemistry
Where? Looking at Oxford(potentially), UCL, Imperial, York, Warwick
AS grades+Subjects: Bio (A), Chem (C:frown:), Maths (got an A in AS), English Lit (B) - only sat the real AS exam for Maths. Sat other AS exams as end of year tests.
A2 Predicted/Achieved: No idea what I'm predicted yet. But I'm estimating my teachers will put me at Bio(A), Chem(think it'll be a B but hoping they'll go for A - as that's what I'm personally aiming for), Maths (A/A*), English Lit (A/A*)
Offers? Haven't applied yet! :smile:
Original post by Alevelsarehard1
did you end up applying for oxford?

Yeah, applications being sent off tomorrow morning
I have an offer from Birmingham and Queen Mary for psychology, just waiting for Southampton and UCL right now. Got rejected by Kings college because my grades "do not meet the requirements for the course" even though I achieved A*AB at A level this year and I'm predicted an A in psychology A-level (applying in my gap year right now.)

Is anyone else applying for psychology at any of these unis too?
I wonder what percentage of Oxbridge applications are sent the day before the deadline like I'm doing... Maybe I'm a minority, but I suspect it's quite a few!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I wonder what percentage of Oxbridge applications are sent the day before the deadline like I'm doing... Maybe I'm a minority, but I suspect it's quite a few!

It's what I'm doing lol
Applying to oxford told my referee the 13th

I stand corrected :smile:
Original post by Abstract_Prism

I sent mine yesterday :wink:
Original post by abbeyjayne
Course: It varies across universities - Psychology with Education (3 unis), Early Childhood Studies with Psychology (1 uni), Developmental Psychology (1 uni).
Universities: Southampton (most likely to be firm), Sussex, UEA, Portsmouth and Worcester OR South Wales (haven't been to Worcester yet so if I don't like it, I'll put down South Wales instead which I also haven't visited)
GCSE grades: 2A*s, 7As and 2Bs.
AS grades (achieved): ABBC (dropped C grade subject)
A2 grades (predicted): AAB
Extra curricular: I have a part-time job in retail. I also occasionally attend school trips such as to local lectures, for instance.
Other: Don't think so but would love to meet some people who will be applying at the same universities or the same course as me.

Hey, I'm applying for Psychology with Education too!! I'm applying to Southampton as well along with Durham, York, Bristol and De Montfort
Reply 414
Name: SB32
Course: Psychology
Where? Edinburgh, Heriot-watt, Edinburgh Napier, Dundee and Queen Margaret
International Baccalaureate predicted:
33 points;
English lit/lang- level 6,
Business management- level 5,
Visual arts-level 6,
Spanish AB- level 4,
Maths Studies- level 5,
ESS- level 5,
Bonus- 2 points
International Baccalaureate achieved:
33 points;
English lit/lang- level 6,
Business management- level 5,
Visual arts-level 6,
Spanish AB- level 4,
Maths Studies- level 5,
ESS- level 6,
Bonus- 1 points
Offers? Sent my application but still waiting for replies
Just got an offer from UEA for geography and international development asking ABB or unconditional if I firm! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: So happy! It will probably be either my firm or insurance depending on my other offers!
(edited 7 years ago)
I've sent off my UCAS application on Tuesday, all I got in return was an email from UCAS saying my said application has been sent to my chosen universities and that they will get back to me.

Still no confirmation reply from any of my choices via email that they've actually received it, should I be worried? kinda stressing out considering most people ITT have received an email within 24 hours.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by remiremi
I've sent off my UCAS application on Tuesday, all I got in return was an email from UCAS saying my said application has been sent to my chosen universities and that they will get back to me.

Still no confirmation reply from any of my choices via email that they've actually received it, should I be worried? kinda stressing out considering most people ITT have received an email within 24 hours.

What course/unis?

You shouldnt be worried. It usually takes a few days or maybe even weeks. I have recieved 1 offer from surrey so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mahmzo
What course/unis?

You shouldnt be worried. It usually takes a few days or maybe even weeks. I have recieved 1 offer from surrey so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chinese studies at Leeds, Durham, Hull and Chester

hopefully I hear back soon like you say
Original post by remiremi
Chinese studies at Leeds, Durham, Hull and Chester

hopefully I hear back soon like you say

I applied to Chester and they never sent me an acknowledgement email if that helps? Don't be worried; hopefully you'll hear soon enough!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending