The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
Congratulations but beware of that. It's a marketing strategy that is designed to primarily benefit the university, not you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! It was potentially going to be my firm anyway but when it comes to make the final decision, I'll make sure I base it off all the other factors instead (and if I do decide to firm UEA then it'll just be an added bonus).
Original post by AlphaQuark
When did you send your application/what are you applying for?
Congratulations btw :smile:

Thanks!

Economics and I applied on Wednesday :smile:
Original post by notonlyme
Thank you! It was potentially going to be my firm anyway but when it comes to make the final decision, I'll make sure I base it off all the other factors instead (and if I do decide to firm UEA then it'll just be an added bonus).

And that is the correct approach :smile:
Original post by jamestg
Thanks!

Economics and I applied on Wednesday :smile:

Nice! Atm I'm stressing massively because I know someone that applied for the same course at around the same time as I did (Physics, Thursday morning) and got an offer from Surrey in 4 hours ;-;
Just go to an email from Warwick saying congratulations on your offer, can you come to a department open day, but UCAS hasn't received it yet so I don't know what the offer is! XD
Original post by AlphaQuark
Nice! Atm I'm stressing massively because I know someone that applied for the same course at around the same time as I did (Physics, Thursday morning) and got an offer from Surrey in 4 hours ;-;

93% of applicants got an offer last year so I wouldn't worry too much.

It may be the way applications are distributed between admissions tutors.
You're applying for exactly the same unis just different course! Hopefully see you at one of them!
Original post by AJP98
Durham, Cambridge, Nottingham and Exeter:smile: But Exeter I'm applying for Englsih with American Study Year Abroad...
A friend just got an offer from Warwick for Chemistry (AAA) :smile:
Original post by jamestg
JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM SURREY!!!

Yay!

Congratulations! :party:

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Reply 1189
Oh wow that's crazy! I don't think I'm getting any offers tbh, it's taking ages...
Original post by Xphoenix
You're applying for exactly the same unis just different course! Hopefully see you at one of them!
Got an offer from University of Birmingham for ABB for Political Science & International relations w/ a year abroad!

Applied on the 10/10 (offer received on the 14/10)

Woooo my first offer so I'm over the moon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AJP98
Oh wow that's crazy! I don't think I'm getting any offers tbh, it's taking ages...

When did you apply? I've been waiting nearly 12 days now :frown:
Original post by jamestg
JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM SURREY!!!

Yay!

Knew it! Well done! Sure there will be more to come too. I too have just received an offer! :smile:
just got an offer from exeter
Original post by Pep7191

Congratulations!, for what course and when did you apply?
Just got an Unconditional from Edinburgh for Maths and Computer Science 😀
Reply 1196
Original post by BEARichards
When did you apply? I've been waiting nearly 12 days now :frown:

I'm being really overdramatic hahaha I applied Wednesday afternoon, but I've seen others getting offers since... No one in my school has one yet, and the earliest application was 2 weeks ago!
Original post by Pep7191

Congratulations! What did you apply for and what grades do you need?
Original post by Pep7191

Oh my gosh well done that's awesome!! if you don't mind me asking, what course did you apply for and when did you send your application off?
Original post by AzzAxC100
Just got an Unconditional from Edinburgh for Maths and Computer Science 😀

Hey what other universities have you applied to? I've applied to Maths+Compsci at Oxford, Warwick, Imperial, Bristol and Manchester and haven't had any offers yet :frown:

Congrats on your Edinburgh offer btw!
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest