The Student Room Group

Why were Celebrities less hot in the old days?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wolfmoon88
Well either way, it's going to be over soon... Don't know if the cesspool of hate will ever end but one can hope right :smile:

Just one month to go
Original post by retro_turtles
Just one month to go

Yeah but don't know if I can take anymore scandals... not politics as usual, just hatred and more hatred
Yeah but don't know if I can take anymore scandals... not politics as usual, just hatred and more hatred

lets just be thankful we aren't exactly part of it
Original post by PrinceHarrys
Audrey Hepburn was a 10/10 for sure, non slooty and wife material

and you'd still probably cheat on her
lets just be thankful we aren't exactly part of it

That's true, a lot of my American friends are panicking... then I remind them I'm not American :smile:
Original post by UWS
Photoshop and good cameras weren't around back then.

You also forgot plastic surgery....
Back to hot celebrities,I think I read somewhere that the vital statistics [Bust waist hips measurements] of Raquel Welch were 38/24/38. They didn't just have perfect faces and hair they had incredible figures too.
Original post by Little Popcorns
and you'd still probably cheat on her

That's true, a lot of my American friends are panicking... then I remind them I'm not American :smile:

thats quite actually, but hey we can sit back and watch it all unfold
No Snapchat filters
Because of global warming
In the old days That's probably what was classed as 'hot' where as now we have different views on the word 'hot'

Posted from TSR Mobile
thats quite actually, but hey we can sit back and watch it all unfold

No doubt, will watch with interest still kind of worried about the implications of this election for the world but glad I ain't part of it really
Original post by Trapz99
Because of global warming

Everything is about global warming...
Original post by PrinceHarrys
x.

dodge the question with a geek triggered meme then...

Also the answer of all answers that will answer your question:

- air brushing/ editing: question is my friend did you ever meet a celebrity lady in real life up close face to face either at any point in history or in the present day?

- more plastic surgery: for example Jennifer Aniston had a nose job and doesn't have that nose anymore

- other ****: fake tan, contacts, hair products, more fake **** to make yourself look 'better' (fake)

- you're biased to the trends of your time therefore you look at the women from the past and you're like errr why the heck is she wearing that it's really unflattering... tell that to the men of that day
Original post by alexschmalex
No Snapchat filters

:lol: exactly
Everything is about global warming...

Yeah, climate change causes them to become hotter
It's all subjective :P , if the first chick is a 6 that would make me an amoeba.
Original post by Trapz99
Yeah, climate change causes them to become hotter

Dope!
I actually think celebrities in hollywood in the older days look better. They dont have as much access to plastic surgery,botox,lip injection, shaved chins etc. So most of the beauties in hollywood were general beauties

Vivien leigh

Elizabeth Taylor

Audrey Hepburn

Marilyn Monroe

Quick Reply

Latest