2017 Uni of Bristol applicants mega-thread

Scroll to see replies

My friend has. Apperently only like 50 people get chosen right
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by mahmzo
My friend has. Apperently only like 50 people get chosen right

Yeah that's why I'm worried... It's a really small course... When did they put their application in??
My UCAS was sent off today. I know Bristol respond fast so I really hope I get a response before half term ends
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
My UCAS was sent off today. I know Bristol respond fast so I really hope I get a response before half term ends

Best of luck :smile:!!! what course did you apply for and with what predicted grades?
Original post by Beccaaaaaaaaa
Best of luck :smile:!!! what course did you apply for and with what predicted grades?

Economics, and A*A*A*A*, wbu?
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Economics, and A*A*A*A*, wbu?

Omg those are amazing predictions! I have A*A*A and Economics and politics is the dream :suith: it was so hard finding Bsc courses I liked!
Has anyone got an offer for Computer Science yet? Also, any idea how quickly engineering faculty reviews applications?? My college sent my application off on Tuesday although I submitted it mid-September
Original post by bethanyskye
I'm wondering if anyone's heard of unconditional from Bristol?

Only if you have achieved grades that meet the stated requirements.
So, since you need Chem or Psych, it'll be a Conditional offer.
Original post by marion771
Has anyone got an offer for Computer Science yet? Also, any idea how quickly engineering faculty reviews applications?? My college sent my application off on Tuesday although I submitted it mid-September

What course are you applying for? I applied for aero

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mahmzo
What course are you applying for? I applied for aero

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for computer science? Have you received an offer? when did you apply?
I applied for computer science? Have you received an offer? when did you apply?

Hi, not yet. I applied yesterday. I have one offer from Surrey so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wisefire
Is it likely I'd get 5 rejections if I apply to universities such as Bristol, Manchester, Durham, Nottingham or KCL with an Access to HE Diploma qualification? Considering the competitive nature of their courses, and how they get 4 or 5 applicants per place for some at least, I am really having doubts that an Access course can get me to a decent university. They're not going to give an offer for these AAA courses to an Access student from a FE college even if they're on track to get or exceed the required grades and not give an offer to someone on track for AAA?

You're likely to be considered equally however I would advise you to apply to at least one low/safe uni- anyway theres no point applying to 5 top ones if you're only going to pick 1-2 after you get your offers through

Posted from TSR Mobile
Already have an offer of A*AA for Chemical Physics :smile:

really happy

also, surprised, I got it in less than a week!
Applied for Dentistry at Bristol this morning! Absolutely love Bristol as a city and the student nightlife is outstanding. Miles above Cardiff's. Motion is the naughtiest nightclub in the world.. Any fellow ravers/drum n bass, techno or house fans here? :biggrin: Applied with 11A*, 5A, 2B at GCSE and AAAC at AS (Chem, Biol, Maths & History). Pls say someone else here is applying for dentistry !!!
Original post by EmilyJade1999
Hi :smile: I'm also applying for psychology in education! Not sure how much they look at GCSEs but I know they look at predicted grades and yours are above the entry requirements so I'm think you'll be fine. What other unis/courses are you applying for? x

Hi, it's great to finally find someone doing the same course!! I'm also applying to Durham, Southampton, York and De Montfort for Education Studies (Psychology)/ Psychology in Education/Education and Psychology. Where else are you applying?
Just got an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JP0458B
Just got an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which degree and when did u apply????
Which degree????

Economics A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JP0458B

Congrats