The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HarrisonGCSE
Leicester, Bham, Southampton and Edinburgh. St george's was the dream uni, but the interview is so competitive :frown:

Your choices are really good! I know with Manchester they cut down 900 interviews to 600 offers so tbf there is quite a chance I could be in that 300 and it depends on if my UKCAT even meets the cut off😂. It's all one big nightmare isn't it 😂 I think Plymouth interview is quite competitive as well, not to mention difficult (ethics panel) so basically... can't wait... 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela__
My achieved stats aren't super amazing so I'm not the best one to ask tbf 😂 Liverpool don't ask for lots of amazing grades which is good! Just all depends on personal statement now I guess 😬 very scary

GCSE: 5 a stars, 3 a's, 1b
Predictions: A*A*A
UKCAT: 667 average band 1!
Manchester, st George's and Plymouth!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are better than mine apart from i have achieved a levels!
I feel I have made the wrong uni choices though I should have applied to ones that put more weighting on achieved a levels.
Your choices are really good! I know with Manchester they cut down 900 interviews to 600 offers so tbf there is quite a chance I could be in that 300 and it depends on if my UKCAT even meets the cut off😂. It's all one big nightmare isn't it 😂 I think Plymouth interview is quite competitive as well, not to mention difficult (ethics panel) so basically... can't wait... 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Argh, i so wish i was born a year later so i got to enter when the number of places was increased 25% :biggrin: Best of lucks anyways, I'm sure you'll do great!
Argh, i so wish i was born a year later so i got to enter when the number of places was increased 25% :biggrin: Best of lucks anyways, I'm sure you'll do great!

Wait there? Is that happening next year then? I haven't heard about that? Thank you so much, there's always a gap year for me if the worst happens anyway 😋 good luck to you too❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait there? Is that happening next year then? I haven't heard about that? Thank you so much, there's always a gap year for me if the worst happens anyway 😋 good luck to you too❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, the dark lord who shall not be named is increasing the number of places for 6000 to 7500. Its a good move, but it should have happened years ago :/
Original post by d010534
How do you enter your universities on the ukcat website??
Thanks x

If it doesn`t take you to the page immediately when you log in, go to additional information and there should be a question relating to your choices.
Original post by Amyjonesx
They are better than mine apart from i have achieved a levels!
I feel I have made the wrong uni choices though I should have applied to ones that put more weighting on achieved a levels.

It's difficult to decide on uni's sometimes though, and the fact you have your achieved a levels is amazing- I'm very jealous! I am sure that you will at least get an interview at Liverpool as long as your PS is good! Don't worry there's not much you can do other than absolutely smash your interviews now 👯 x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, the dark lord who shall not be named is increasing the number of places for 6000 to 7500. Its a good move, but it should have happened years ago :/

😂 omg stop it lmao 😂 anyway good news for me then if a gap year is needed 😏 thanks for letting me know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
😂 omg stop it lmao 😂 anyway good news for me then if a gap year is needed 😏 thanks for letting me know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem! :biggrin:
Original post by mamly042
If it doesn`t take you to the page immediately when you log in, go to additional information and there should be a question relating to your choices.

Thank you! I entered my choices, but how do I make sure that they're saved?? I'm not sure if that's it now...
Original post by d010534
Thank you! I entered my choices, but how do I make sure that they're saved?? I'm not sure if that's it now...

Just click save? At the bottom of the page. That should be enough...
has anyone still not sent off their UCAS? I'm having trouble cutting down the characters ahh
Original post by helloimastudent
has anyone still not sent off their UCAS? I'm having trouble cutting down the characters ahh

Definitely try and submit it tonight at some point! Or early morning tomorrow! Just don't leave it too late in case the website crashes etc it would be the worst nightmare 😭😬 just keep tweaking and you will get there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely try and submit it tonight at some point! Or early morning tomorrow! Just don't leave it too late in case the website crashes etc it would be the worst nightmare 😭😬 just keep tweaking and you will get there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou for the support! It's so hard I am one line too long and ahhh
Does Pearson VUE just send all UKCAT scores as required on the deadline date for them? Or is there somewhere that you can choose send now? I've saved all my choices etc. on additional info. Just wanted to know if there is anything else I needed to do.
Original post by Jackster556
Does Pearson VUE just send all UKCAT scores as required on the deadline date for them? Or is there somewhere that you can choose send now? I've saved all my choices etc. on additional info. Just wanted to know if there is anything else I needed to do.

They will do it all for you now! There's no way you can send it any earlier so don't worry. You can relax now finally (for a few months anyway)😛

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by helloimastudent
Thankyou for the support! It's so hard I am one line too long and ahhh

One line is fine! You'll be sorted in no time! I'm sure there is a sentence somewhere that probably isn't needed, I had to cut mine down from 58 lines originally so I know how it feels 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
what is 650 like as a ukcat score
One line is fine! You'll be sorted in no time! I'm sure there is a sentence somewhere that probably isn't needed, I had to cut mine down from 58 lines originally so I know how it feels 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh no, it's horrible isn't it when you've spent so much time writing and you think everything is too important to take out ahhhhh
They will do it all for you now! There's no way you can send it any earlier so don't worry. You can relax now finally (for a few months anyway)😛

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers for the help!!! The best of luck in your application! I'm just glad the UCAS application is over.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending