Reply 9480
Unreal comprehension.

"Posted 2h ago"

Man thinks 2h ago = 2am
Rejection after rejection after rejection

**** sake I don't know what more I can do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
I really don't understand the logic behind taking money away from the NHS, and having a transition to 7 day working? It feels like the government is trying to make the NHS so deprived of staff numbers that it performs really badly, so that they can justify getting rid of it.

It's very easy for NHS users to come out and chat **** about everything negative about the service, and to say all of it to people who can't think for themselves.

Why wouldn't we want the NHS to continue?

I'm probably in the minority but I think it should be 7 day working week. I'd like to have full access to healthcare options all week and not have to take time off work if I need to go to the NHS.
Reply 9483
Original post by Zerforax
I'm probably in the minority but I think it should be 7 day working week. I'd like to have full access to healthcare options all week and not have to take time off work if I need to go to the NHS.

Completely agree that NHS should be 7 days, but you can't implement something like that without increasing staff numbers?
Original post by SA-1
Unreal comprehension.

"Posted 2h ago"

Man thinks 2h ago = 2am

BUT JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS

Don't you see
Thoughts on Ched Evans? Legal types, do you thing he will get off?

Also when is the verdict?
Original post by SA-1
Completely agree that NHS should be 7 days, but you can't implement something like that without increasing staff numbers?

I think the problem is that it's hard to judge how it will balance out?

Will current workload just spread from 5 to 7 days and so you need fewer staff during the normal week and then you can reallocate for the weekend?

Or do you need more numbers to physically cover?

Once you hire people, it's very hard to get rid of that expense so always need to be careful of taking on new people.

That and the NHS has no money as it is..
Reply 9487
I think the problem is that it's hard to judge how it will balance out?

Will current workload just spread from 5 to 7 days and so you need fewer staff during the normal week and then you can reallocate for the weekend?

Or do you need more numbers to physically cover?

Once you hire people, it's very hard to get rid of that expense so always need to be careful of taking on new people.

That and the NHS has no money as it is..

The NHS have already rolled out 7 day work. Weekday workload remains the same, but they want the same members of staff to stretch to the weekend. For example, when I worked at a hospital I covered three wards (on a 7 day basis). They closed down one for a while and cut down staff accordingly. When they reopened it (and we're talking 30 beds) they didn't hire any more staff. It meant instead of seeing 7 or 8 patients a day I had to see like 12 routinely (not to mention emergencies).

It meant that staff need to see more patients throughout the day, and because urgent cases need priority, they can't give priority to all. Makes the quality of care reduce massively, which instantly makes getting rid of the NHS justifiable.

That, and the whole carehome situation is an absolute shambles too.
Original post by SA-1
The NHS have already rolled out 7 day work. Weekday workload remains the same, but they want the same members of staff to stretch to the weekend. For example, when I worked at a hospital I covered three wards (on a 7 day basis). They closed down one for a while and cut down staff accordingly. When they reopened it (and we're talking 30 beds) they didn't hire any more staff. It meant instead of seeing 7 or 8 patients a day I had to see like 12 routinely (not to mention emergencies).

It meant that staff need to see more patients throughout the day, and because urgent cases need priority, they can't give priority to all. Makes the quality of care reduce massively, which instantly makes getting rid of the NHS justifiable.

That, and the whole carehome situation is an absolute shambles too.

The NHS isn't full care for 7 days which is what I think the Government are trying to achieve.

Tbh no one factored in the population growth or life expectancy increasing so much or cost of healthcare etc all going up so much. The NHS is going to have to dramatically change at some point, as is care home situation as is the pension situation.

No one wants to be the one brave enough to try and fix any of those though..
Why do people think it's OK not to use an Oxford comma.

Barnes and Noble.

Is that (1) Barnes (2) Noble

Or (1) Barnes and Noble.

We'll never know because you ****ing questioned the authority of the Oxford comma.
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

job hunting*:frown: I always have all the empathy in the world for those in the midst of it. Every time in my life that I have been forced into periods of job hunting, its just been an awful soul crushing parade of dissapointment.. until finally when all hope has faded, (to go all lord-of-the-rings) something comes along.*
Reply 9491
The NHS isn't full care for 7 days which is what I think the Government are trying to achieve.

Tbh no one factored in the population growth or life expectancy increasing so much or cost of healthcare etc all going up so much. The NHS is going to have to dramatically change at some point, as is care home situation as is the pension situation.

The issue is that they are trying to achieve a full blown 7 day service with very very minimal investment.

Means that the quality of care is declining and is putting potential staff off.

CQC reports will probably show how **** the NHS is performing, patient waiting times will increase, staff will make more mistakes due to tiredness. & it'll make people question the usefulness of the NHS all together.

Situation is ****ing up more and more, and you're right - it's becoming much harder to fix.
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have a recruiter
Original post by Wilfred Little
Thoughts on Ched Evans? Legal types, do you thing he will get off?

Also when is the verdict?

Found not guilty. Shame he can't get those 5 years of his life back.

Care and pensions are both absolutely ****ed and will need radical reform sooner or later. It's a really tough area to try and sort out, especially because we have an ageing population and pensioners are always the age group most likely to vote. I certainly can't think of a viable long term solution to either area. To be perfectly honest I don't expect the state pension to exist by the time i'm 65.

If you think it's bad now just wait 25-30 years until all the zero hours contractors who've never been able to afford their own home reach their 60s. They won't have anything in their pension pot or a home of their own to live in - what will happen to these people? That is a very large ticking time bomb and nobody seems to be paying any attention to it, Labour or Conservative.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Do you have a recruiter

I've used a few, some have been good and others have been a complete waste of time. I have an excellent CV which has been checked many times, and I know I interview well (which has again been checked many times), yet the feedback every time is either "not enough experience" or "the other candidate would fit better within the team". It's so frustrating because i've never had any constructive feedback.

I'm still paying rent & bills as well as living expenses so whilst I do have savings now, they will very quickly run out.

Original post by fallen_acorns
job hunting*:frown: I always have all the empathy in the world for those in the midst of it. Every time in my life that I have been forced into periods of job hunting, its just been an awful soul crushing parade of dissapointment.. until finally when all hope has faded, (to go all lord-of-the-rings) something comes along.*

I've had 3 jobs since I left university:

1st: Contract not extended because I was going on holiday, even though I told them in the interview and they said it was fine.
2nd: Made redundant because the department was downsized
3rd: Made redundant

Am I cursed or something?
Original post by sr90
I've used a few, some have been good and others have been a complete waste of time. I have an excellent CV which has been checked many times, and I know I interview well (which has again been checked many times), yet the feedback every time is either "not enough experience" or "the other candidate would fit better within the team". It's so frustrating because i've never had any constructive feedback.

I'm still paying rent & bills as well as living expenses so whilst I do have savings now, they will very quickly run out.

1st: Contract not extended because I was going on holiday, even though I told them in the interview and they said it was fine.

You're not cursed, I am in a similar position, it is a sign of the times. And I also have exactly the same experience in regards to CV and interviews. It's like we're twins... I think I am the sexier twin though :lol:
Original post by sr90
Care and pensions are both absolutely ****ed and will need radical reform sooner or later. It's a really tough area to try and sort out, especially because we have an ageing population and pensioners are always the age group most likely to vote. I certainly can't think of a viable long term solution to either area. To be perfectly honest I don't expect the state pension to exist by the time i'm 65.

If you think it's bad now just wait 25-30 years until all the zero hours contractors who've never been able to afford their own home reach their 60s. They won't have anything in their pension pot or a home of their own to live in - what will happen to these people? That is a very large ticking time bomb and nobody seems to be paying any attention to it, Labour or Conservative.

It's not just them. If you are renting in London for a large part of your adult life, then you are also going to find it very difficult.

It's why I have not moved down to London yet, as I am rent free in the north.

Neither Labour or the Tories are doing anything about it as to do so they would have to tactical nuke pensions now and that is electoral suicide. If we have a reset asap then we can start rebuilding for the future asap. Otherwise, the birth rate is going to be decimated and that brings a whole new basket of challenges.
Original post by sr90

to have been made redundant 2 times at our age does seem on the unlucky side of things.. but as james says - its certainly more common these days then it used to be.

Just thinking of what it was like in my parents/grandparents time, makes me mad. got a job? awesome.. its pretty much yours for life unless you want to leave or massively **** up... want to buy a house? awesome, your normal job is absolutely enough to buy that house.. **

What sort of positions are you going for? graduate entry level stuff, or roles higher up the ladder that require more experiance?
Original post by James.Carnell
Neither Labour or the Tories are doing anything about it as to do so they would have to tactical nuke pensions now and that is electoral suicide. If we have a reset asap then we can start rebuilding for the future asap. Otherwise, the birth rate is going to be decimated and that brings a whole new basket of challenges.

No one will solve it, until its right on our doorstep :frown:*

Kind of the problem with re-volving door politics, where people come in and out, is that they dont need to think long-term enough. Its much more important for them to get re-elected to keep their job, then to actually make the very un-popular but tough decisions.

As big of a problem as I have with the lack of democracy here in china, being able to make long-term decisions that are unpopular in the short-term is one huge bennifit to having a single party that knows it will be in power for the next 50+ years. They can make huge decisions on every area and then stick around to see it through.. in our goverments if they make a change to something like education, its unlikely they will still be in power to see the consiquences of their change, once those people finish education and start looking for empoyment. *

Latest